RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first race in R3E. The driving experience was very fun. Very fun indeed. But I'm afraid I was hindered by a plethora of bugs and lag. First off, nearly everyone were warping around. I was afraid to get close to anyone, so I didn't dare push or try to overtake once I was close to anyone. Also, there were ghost cars on my minimap (red dots, but not car was actually there). The starting lights stuck on my screen all through the race for some reason, and didn't switch to green when the actual lights went green. So I had constant 5 red lights on my screen at all times. When I pitted I sat there for 15 seconds at least until I figured out that I need to click "confirm settings", so that's not actually a bug, just me being new to R3E. That ultimately led me to my finishing position of 3rd. Before the pits I was 2nd.

So in summation, terrific driving experience, really fun, but not a lot of racing going on with this lag made this kind of a bummer to be honest.

wooo finished a race!

failed on my pitstop, now know theres a pit window lol two pitstops later I"m happy with 10th (although I got beat by a man in a cast hahahaha)

my obligatory apology this week goes to A.Schulz (hope I got the name right) didn't realise you were lapping me, (thought you were recovery from a pitstop issue or something) so apologises for making the overtake a bit hard, and in my attempt to get out of the way almost pushed you off the road, so again sorry mate.

sucks its such a long break till the next gt3 race!! group 5 hell next hey :)

It kinda feels like revenge to me Shawn. Once many years ago I got up at 05:00 to race in a Bathurst 4 hour race with some Aussies, rFactor1 V8 mod. Did 2 laps then an accident led to another 4 laps behind the safety car and I crashed out on the next lap, race over. So hope you managed to avoid that scenario.:D

that was last week unfortunately, this week was great! and to be honest if the race started any later I wouldnt be able to compete because Id run too late for work, so in summary I'm a whinger hahaha

I deserve a slap. F*=§ed up start when couldn shift a gear and caused collision. Then during race met some cars blicking around, caused some smaller accidents when overtaking... not my best race, but still enjoyed, apologize to all I insulted with my idiocy. And next time with better pings! :thumbsup:

Well, I did learn one thing tonight....
Thumbs? They're pretty useful things.
Not something I normally spend time thinking about, but when you suddenly can't use one of them, you kinda notice. :D

Completely un-focused for most of the race, trying to figure out how to best place my hands with this friggin' cast...
Messed up the start, got in everybodys way, and generally made a nuisance of myself until I found a hole in the traffic.
Ended up mainly doing laps with 5+ seconds to the guys in front and back.

Not exactly my finest hour, but I did manage to stay on the lead lap.
So there's that... :D

I must apologize to the McLaren that ran into me after I had spun. I quit after that. I spun because I was still dealing with the gear shifting on its on problem. The car was almost impossible to drive with the gears jumping ahead or below 1, 2 or 3 gears at a time.

After the race I searched online for an answer to this. And I found some settings for Thrustmaster on other forums. I also closed Nvidia inspecter, and set shift prevention setting in game 0.5s. I tried public server race with 24 drivers total and no gear issues. I will do more testing but already now i can confidently race online line in R3E.

I must apologize to the McLaren that ran into me after I had spun. I quit after that.
That was me. :D
No worries, mate. I didn't have time to react coming out of T1 in 4th gear, otherwise I would've evaded. :)
Pretty sure I punted a few guys myself during the first 4-5 corners.
It happens, and the race continues. No need to quit as far as I'm concerned.

Glad all you guys managed a good race (well most of you). Congrats as usual to all who managed a podium spot. I was trying to spectate before my son and his partner arrived but game kept crashing then my pc did just as they walked through the door.:)

I spun because I was still dealing with the gear shifting on its on problem. The car was almost impossible to drive with the gears jumping ahead or below 1, 2 or 3 gears at a time.
I had exactly the same problem and could not control the gears. So I kept leaving the track to let others pass, thats my excuse;). It does seem that once there are more than 16 on the track problems start. Still I had a great time so thank you all for letting this old cogger play.:thumbsup:

I had a similar issue where I was suddenly put into neutral from fourth. I only had to shift back up again and it was fine for the rest of the race, but not exactly what you want when you're leading with 5 mins to go :roflmao:
I feel your pain Oli. I was only 3 laps behind, or was it 4, when it all went wrong. I was trying for double figures in being lapped.:(;):roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I had exactly the same problem and could not control the gears. So I kept leaving the track to let others pass, thats my excuse;). It does seem that once there are more than 16 on the track problems start. Still I had a great time so thank you all for letting this old cogger play.:thumbsup:
I had a similar issue where I was suddenly put into neutral from fourth. I only had to shift back up again and it was fine for the rest of the race, but not exactly what you want when you're leading with 5 mins to go :roflmao:
I think we are going to have to seriously consider splitting the grid over 2 servers when there are more than 20 cars. I don't remember this problem before the previous patch. It's a pity as people want to race in large grids but the netcode seems to have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back