RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave the Audi a go at Mid-Ohio and it sounded better than I could drive it.:redface: I'm sure in the hands of a more capable driver could get it up to speed.:whistling:
I am changing to the Nissan #33 :ninja:
Smart man. Hopefully Sector 3 will show the GTO class some love soon. These cars are what I grew up watching. Back in 86 I saw Willy T Ribbs win at Summit Point driving for Toyota in a bad ass Celica. You couldn't even hear his car over the Vettes, Camaros, and Stangs, but he pulled on those boys everywhere around the circuit. Toyota had some turbo tricks up their sleeves for sure! I could talk all day about those old imsa races.

Reactions: DND
Smart man. Hopefully Sector 3 will show the GTO class some love soon. These cars are what I grew up watching. Back in 86 I saw Willy T Ribbs win at Summit Point driving for Toyota in a bad ass Celica. You couldn't even hear his car over the Vettes, Camaros, and Stangs, but he pulled on those boys everywhere around the circuit. Toyota had some turbo tricks up their sleeves for sure! I could talk all day about those old imsa races.
Those were the days, my favorite memories were the old Camel GT and Pabst 500 at Road America.

Unfortunately I may miss some time as yesterday my wheel base did not recognize my rim anymore so Audi v Nissan dilemma is probably a mute point now. Hopefully Fanatec has an easy fix.:cautious:

Those were the days, my favorite memories were the old Camel GT and Pabst 500 at Road America.

Unfortunately I may miss some time as yesterday my wheel base did not recognize my rim anymore so Audi v Nissan dilemma is probably a mute point now. Hopefully Fanatec has an easy fix.:cautious:
Keep the faith, and don't give up on er'. These hooligans are rowdy when the teacher isn't in class!

• Haha
Like I said, it depends how the next series goes so don't give up all hope just yet.

The fact is that the EU side of the R3E club has been waning for some time. Outside of the multi-class stuff we're lucky to get ten drivers on the grid on a good night. It'd ridiculous really, with all the top-quality content that this sim has, and it's proven track record for providing close racing with many of it's classes. But it is what it is, and I'm tired of cancelling events or racing against just five or six other people. When you're the one organising this stuff it just starts to feel like a waste of time, and that's very demotivating.

I'm genuinely interested to see what the turn-out is for the next series. According to the poll we had 44 people respond, which is more than we've ever had in a R3E club event to my knowledge. We also had 19 votes each for the top two options, which is twice the number we usually get in a regular club event. How many of those 19 will show up on the grid? That's the question.

Just as interesting is which of those two classes do I choose, since it seems the deciding vote is mine? ****ing typical... :p

I've had some troubles lately with the updated drivers at Fanatec and have had a lot of time getting things like this fixed. Especially if it is the DD base and the Porsche GT3 with the P_BME installed. Let me know if I can help. That is what happened in the last race with the wheel just quitting near the end. It seems to be a problem with the driver although I'm not sure if that was the culprit. I have changed to a simple wheel for the time being so I hope it doesn't happen again this week. At the moment I am just using the Podium Hub with the 300 wheel attached. No shifters or buttons.

And a setup. Also for qualifying, so just stiffen front end a bit, and reduce neg. toe for race. Both of my setups have increased ride height, and softer more responsive dampers for curbs, and bumps.
might just steal these damper settings so i can destory the curbs since I couldn't manage to do it without binning it on the default setup. Especially that right-side curb on the hill at turn 4 (or 5?)

And a setup. Also for qualifying, so just stiffen front end a bit, and reduce neg. toe for race. Both of my setups have increased ride height, and softer more responsive dampers for curbs, and bumps.

Thanks for sharing this. I gave it a go and couldn't quite gel with it, but it's neat to see different tuning philosophies. Of course I'm 1s off your 'stang pace so maybe my philosophy isn't so great... :roflmao: I was most surprised that you took out rear wing -- I have my wing at max and opened up the diff to tame the rear end at medium speeds and on power over the crests. Am fiddling with camber and toe to try to bring the front back, but suspect I will be driving a snowplow by mid-race.

If I do a 'return to garage' mid-lap the tire pressures/temps seem to reset (I tested it with some crazy rear camber and a giant burnout but they didn't really seem to budge once I returned to the garage)...am I missing something when trying to see temps across the contact patch to aid in tuning?

@David DeGreef - hope you can get the wheel sorted!

Like I said, it depends how the next series goes so don't give up all hope just yet.

The fact is that the EU side of the R3E club has been waning for some time. Outside of the multi-class stuff we're lucky to get ten drivers on the grid on a good night. It'd ridiculous really, with all the top-quality content that this sim has, and it's proven track record for providing close racing with many of it's classes. But it is what it is, and I'm tired of cancelling events or racing against just five or six other people. When you're the one organising this stuff it just starts to feel like a waste of time, and that's very demotivating.

I'm genuinely interested to see what the turn-out is for the next series. According to the poll we had 44 people respond, which is more than we've ever had in a R3E club event to my knowledge. We also had 19 votes each for the top two options, which is twice the number we usually get in a regular club event. How many of those 19 will show up on the grid? That's the question.

Just as interesting is which of those two classes do I choose, since it seems the deciding vote is mine? ****ing typical... :p

Yeh - it seems like a brilliant Sim, and I'm really enjoying it (apart from the KTM X-bow - sounds hideous :) ), but these things tend to ebb and flow, just like any other club I guess. One season you have three football teams, the next you can barely scrape a first XI together :). I do understand the frustration and demotivation - but thanks from me anyway for putting the effort in. I'll try be there every week - it's one of the few things to look forward to through the lockdown!

As for classes - I voted for the open-wheeler, but I'm just as happy with the GT4s, so consider that my vote swapped to the GT4 if it makes it easier :) Also, I think if we go open-wheelers, some people will definitely not race, whereas I think fewer people would 'veto' the GT4s. Might not be true, but just a hunch!

Thanks again - M

Thanks for sharing this. I gave it a go and couldn't quite gel with it, but it's neat to see different tuning philosophies. Of course I'm 1s off your 'stang pace so maybe my philosophy isn't so great... :roflmao: I was most surprised that you took out rear wing -- I have my wing at max and opened up the diff to tame the rear end at medium speeds and on power over the crests. Am fiddling with camber and toe to try to bring the front back, but suspect I will be driving a snowplow by mid-race.

If I do a 'return to garage' mid-lap the tire pressures/temps seem to reset (I tested it with some crazy rear camber and a giant burnout but they didn't really seem to budge once I returned to the garage)...am I missing something when trying to see temps across the contact patch to aid in tuning?

@David DeGreef - hope you can get the wheel sorted!
It's funny, because my setups feel really stable to me at my pace. I also like to be able to get on the power and have the car rotate, hence the wing and diff settings. I typically just roll off the throttle a little bit on crests if needed.... soft lift

Are you in a single/practice race session when testing tire pressures? I only have success with tire pressure tuning when I'm in a lobby. And I honestly have just about given up on messing with tires at this point. I think that area of the sim could use some tweaking. But maybe I'm the wrong person to answer that question.:laugh:

Lucky Dog to be so close to that iconic track! One of these days I'm going to make the trek. Do me a favor and hit me up when you're going to see something special. My favorite races are still the vintage classes.

GTR4S R1.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - GTR 4 Series
Cars: GTR 4
Track: Silverstone - International

Saturday 16/05/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Warmup: 20:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 10 Places

Entry List: Slots are limited to 32 for the server, but are not limited for each car.

BMW M4
  1. Jopamir - #74
  2. Vitor M Sousa - #191
  3. MissedTheApex - #44
  4. Gerdoner - #88
  5. Antmerino - #30
  6. Nabbor1 - #77
  7. Lars Hansen - #3
  8. Stephen Gibb - #161
  9. Southern Mike - #7
  10. leerb - #80
  11. ionONE1 - #191
  12. Free slot

KTM X-Bow
  1. Rick K - #8
  2. rustymoto - #80
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot

Lotus Evora
  1. Port1s - #48
  2. stevem - #14
  3. Calvyn White - #77
  4. Steve Le Gallez - #64
  5. Ingemar Petersson - #13
  6. Derek44 - #0
  7. Jean Jacques Martin - #0
  8. cagivariver - #77
  9. IlPaoletto - #77

Porsche 718
  1. Belcar - #917
  2. Björn Johansson - #960
  3. Casper Hougaard - #969
  4. Free slot

Porsche CS MR
  1. groove200 - #31
  2. Keith_G - #222
  3. PurgerUK - #16
  4. Piotrek Blaszczak - #17
  5. Free slot

Car TBD
  1. TBD slot

UTP#108

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 188 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 34.1%