RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Information

Welcome to the GTR 4 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the rounds are as follows:

16/05/20 - Rounds 1 & 2: Silverstone International
23/05/20 - Rounds 3 & 4: Mantorp Park Long
30/05/20 - Rounds 5 & 6: Portimao Club
06/06/20 - Rounds 7 & 8: Zolder Grand Prix

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. You can sign up or not, as you please.

2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish both races. Deliberate DNFs will be excluded from future rounds, and possibly future series.

3) Full damage will be enabled, which includes the flat-spotting of tyres.

4) Points will be awarded for each race and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.

5) For each event every driver must be using a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and livery at least an hour prior to the start of the official practice sessions.

6) You are free to switch cars between events if you choose. However, you can not switch car between races at an event, because leaving the server after qualifying has finished will lock you out.

7) Despite the extra competition, you are still expected to abide by all of the regular club racing rules. The Golden Rule absolutely still applies to these events.

Live Stream

Last edited:
Are you in a single/practice race session when testing tire pressures?

Yup, single/practice. I can't change pressures, it doesn't let me...

In this screencap I set the session's tire wear to 4x and did a few laps. There may be small movement in pressures but the temps don't seem to change all that much. I always see the ~0.5 degree difference outside to inside regardless of settings. In this session I ran the softer spring/damper settings and would have expected to see the outside a bit hotter (compared to normal stiffness). Oh well, at this point I will accept these magic tires and just try to develop some lap-to-lap consistency.

RaceRoom Racing Experience 2020-05-10 11_04_28 AM.png

It's good to see some early variety in car choice. :thumbsup: I think each has it's own advantages and disadvantages, so will suit different driving styles. If I was racing I'd probably go for the Porsche 718 because it's pretty (obviously the most important thing). Or perhaps the X-Bow because it's a nimble little bugger.

It's good to see some early variety in car choice. :thumbsup: I think each has it's own advantages and disadvantages, so will suit different driving styles. If I was racing I'd probably go for the Porsche 718 because it's pretty (obviously the most important thing). Or perhaps the X-Bow because it's a nimble little bugger.
took them all out for a quick spin.....all very different animals .... I was tempted by the X-Bow as it was hella fun throwing it around .... really liked the Lotus as well , 718 was my left favourite , felt heavy and laboured , but was still quick . Ultimately I think this is going to be a great little series

took them all out for a quick spin.....all very different animals
Definitely, I think that's what makes the GTR 4 class so interesting. They're all capable machines, yet so different in feel and how they're best driven. Interesting series for sure, and should look great on the stream. I might have to get over my awkwardness and just do the damn commentary even if sobre. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.1%