RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another 2 setups for the Z car. I find them stable but fun and they are different from others posted but you are the only one that can figure out if it suits your style. I use the KG2 file but the other one might work better for you.

Other than the car settings make sure to check the "Wheel Settings" that are in the upper right corner of the setup pages. That is to be set up for your steering wheel and you might inherit something that doesn't work from a setup that you copy. Change that to fit your rig!! Same goes for the "Brake Pressure" and "Brake Bias" - Those are greatly influenced by the type of Pedals you have and how they are calibrated. Make sure to set those to what you like before trying new setups.

If all these setups are getting you confused then I have attached a PDF file of a spreadsheet that I use (google sheets). You can print it off and just write in the pertinent facts so you can see at a glance what is different between setups. It might help you adjust to what you like. ( If you prefer to actually use a spreadsheet just tell me and I will share the Google Sheet file.)

Have fun and see all of you on Tuesday. By the way, I'm going to the Dan Bock school of racing: Make that sucker as stiff as you can and let it all hang out!! The key for me with the Nissan is to lock the rear axle and soften the rear ARB.

Attachments

• R3E Setups by KG - R3E Setups.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 90
  • KG2-sonoma_nissan_300zx_.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 51
  • KG1sonoma_nissan_300zx_.svm
    7 KB · Views: 49
took them all out for a quick spin.....all very different animals .... I was tempted by the X-Bow as it was hella fun throwing it around .... really liked the Lotus as well , 718 was my left favourite , felt heavy and laboured , but was still quick . Ultimately I think this is going to be a great little series
Yeh, I gave myself a couple of hours to test them all. The Porsches felt like hard work, but the lap times (on the laps I didn't spin) were pretty decent . The X-bow felt fast but was slow according to the clock (must be driving it wrong). BMW made me move my braking spots about 10 yards back? The lotus just felt planted, and I eeked out over a second compared to the Porsches without much work so that made my mind up.

Really love how they all feel so different.

OK, a few of questions.
Is the practice server up, I wanted to try it before the race?
Is race line option allowed during race?
What/where do you find out if your brakes are locking up? I got that RST data analyzer, but it doesn't really have any info on the wheel speeds that I can find. It's probably the R3E, not RST.
Keith, what program besides R3E do you use to view the setups, or is the only way 'in the sim"?

Last edited:
Welcome @durielk the server is open for practice for the weeks event at the conclusion of the previous event. Exceptions are if maintenance is being done or another R3E club is in session.

Aids are available with some being unique to car class. If available you will be able to select in settings once you join the server.

Keith, now I know how everyone feels when using my setups. I can't believe how quick you are with that thing so low and stiff! I have mine setup on the softer side with higher ride height, and less diff. My intent was to make a reliable, easy on tires tune, that is still competitive. I'm not sure you will make it through the race with that viscous hot lap setup.:p

Prove me wrong Keith... prove me wrong. lol

Keith, now I know how everyone feels when using my setups. I can't believe how quick you are with that thing so low and stiff! I have mine setup on the softer side with higher ride height, and less diff. My intent was to make a reliable, easy on tires tune, that is still competitive. I'm not sure you will make it through the race with that viscous hot lap setup.:p

Prove me wrong Keith... prove me wrong. lol
Might be hard to prove you wrong!! - I tried a few AI races today and got 1 or 2 flats before the first 8 laps in each race:confused: Turns out that it wasn't so much the setup but the right front brake locking before the two hairpins. I adjusted by brake bias and brake pressure and learned to brake differently and it took care of the problem. I can't really feel the lock up like I would like to but replays work fine to see how I'm doing.
I made it stiff because I thought that was how you were so fast!! - Soft didn't seem to work for me but after quite a few laps in the LB I just learned to drive the track better. Thanks for setting great lap times so I can see where to improve:thumbsup::alien:

@durielk I only use the sim to see the setup values. If you are handy dandy with a computer maybe you can write a quick program to translate the binary file to values:D If you want to see if you are locking up then it is best to run a few hot laps then enter replay and move the camera to see your inside tires while coming to a turn. If you do it in slow motion you can really see what is happening. Otherwise you will probably have to use the tire noise to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes