RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ross I kind of agree with you. Just had a quick blast in the Audi and the lift-off oversteer is a bit, how do I put this, surprising. But nothing maintaining a little throttle or blipping the keep the car under control. As you know I'm not a big fan of these cars but even though I've just had 30 minutes with the Audi I would say they are a little better especially at the back end. Just seemed a little easier to maintain a line without being to sideways at one point or another through a corner. But one thing is for certain I need a lot of practice to maintain any type of consistency. What I mean is I understand what the car is doing and I understand what I need to do I'm just having difficulty in executing it. It would also help if I can stop rolling the car, 7 times in 30-minutes. And then you hear, you're not going to get very far that way up. Up your's Jim. But at least the leaderboard says I'm doing ok. Jim.. plonker.
So next time an event comes up I might give it a go, 3 weeks notice would be appreciated. :roflmao:

Last edited:
Just had a quick blast in the Audi and the lift-off oversteer is a bit, how do I put this, surprising. But nothing maintaining a little throttle or flipping the keep the car under control.
If you get time, let me know what you think of the Cupra. The two cars I raced most closely last night were both Audis and from where I was sitting, they looked a tad more twitchy on the rear than my car. It'd be interesting to know if that's the case or if it was just down to driving style.

Yes, the Cupra is certainly more stable but I also believe the cause of it being a little slower and will need a little bit more work in the setup area. A much smoother drive in the Audi (a little less correction needed) and a little bit more predictable but like I say because of the stability it may turn out to be a little slower in general on default setup. Despite this I do prefer it over the Audi but only just.

Oh, yes it bloody rolls.

Last edited:
@JACE323 @Tennracer @TrumpetReich @SPC15 @Keith_G @Absurd1ty @stevem @ko41 @joecronk @Wilko Jones @Calvyn White @Scott_H @Iguana46 @sc4dr

After consideration, consultation and following the lead of @Ross Garland the Golden Rule will be followed as with any other Club Event. We ask that drivers being lapped maintain racing lines but please do not make if difficult for the leaders to carry on. As always the goal here is to have fun and finish.

I will do my best to adhere to a racing line whilst being lapped. This is easier said than done, at least for me. I got to keep my nerves from getting to me when being passed.

I will do my best to adhere to a racing line whilst being lapped. This is easier said than done, at least for me. I got to keep my nerves from getting to me when being passed.

I have no doubt and I have had issues following my own advice when being lapped, but find when I do adhere to it it always results in a clean pass. When I purposely slow or alter a line I kick myself later because it only made things awkward. Really looking forward to Tuesday.:thumbsup:

Just in case some of you guys haven't seen this. And if you do have the time to join in on something unique and new that would be brilliant, the more the merrier. An excellent idea created by our hosts. :inlove: And should not be missed. Is it Saturday yet?:unsure:

Reactions: DND
I guess you're referring to post 41. This was more or less a generalisation. And I wasn't referring to this car in particular.
But post 43 does.
I'm not sure about any physics updates but I do feel since the December update some cars now feel better were others feel worse and of course some haven't changed at all. IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.9%