RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is what I have.
45-minute race approximately 34 laps, 68 litres. Traction control 30% and 40%.
I'm getting 66% tyre wear ish on 17 laps ish. From the pits, I'm getting 11% tyre wear on the left in 3 laps. So x2 is maybe a little excessive for a hard compound tyre.:rolleyes:
I suspect a race of this nature would be 90 minutes so you're cramming 90 minutes into 45. So x1 and a half would be ideal or x1 if need be. But it certainly brings in a two-stop strategy into play. Especially if you are hard on the tires like me. As you hit 55% it's sort of goes into x3 tyre wear as you start to skid and spin a bit more.
I'm perfectly ok with this as I can do with the pitstop practice. :whistling::p
I have based my calculations on 3 laps and 12 laps. If anybody feels that my calculations are inaccurate I would appreciate it if you accommodate the rest of us with your own.

Last edited:
45-minute race approximately 34 laps, 68 litres.
I'm getting 66% tyre wear ish on 17 laps ish. From the pits, I'm getting 11% tyre wear on the left in 3 laps. So x2 is maybe a little excessive for a hard compound tyre.:rolleyes: I suspect a race of this nature would be 90 minutes so you're cramming 90 minutes into 45. So x1 and a half would be ideal or x1 if need be. But it certainly brings in a two-stop strategy into play. Especially if you are hard on the tires like me. As you hit 55% it's sort of goes into x3 tyre wear as you start to skid and spin a bit more. I'm perfectly ok with this as I can do with the pitstop practice. :whistling:
I have based my calculations on 3 laps and 12 laps. If anybody feels that my calculations are inaccurate I would appreciate it if you accommodate the rest of us with your own.

Slow down! :p I can only complete 29 laps in 45 minutes.
Tire wear after 29 laps at 2x wear left side had 29% remaining and right had 31%

Last edited:
Well on an average of 1.33.000 lap time. 34 laps × 1.33 = 45.22 minutes. And 17 laps will give me 66% tyre wear a little high but workable.
Like I said, you need to slow down, your lap times are 15 seconds ;) faster than mine. My average lap time is more in the 1.57 + minute range (1:34).

Like I said, you need to slow down, your lap times are 15 seconds ;) faster than mine. My average lap time is more in the 1.57 + minute range (1:34).
Well, I'm rather confused about why you're so slow. As I'm doing a mid 1.33 on the server. Which is about 1 second slower on my leaderboard time, roughly. And your only 00.559s from me. I don't think I'm that much faster than you. That would be too hard for me to believe, so you must be going too slow.:confused:
Or one of us has been practising on the wrong server which is unlikely. One of us has been practising on the wrong leaderboard which is also unlikely. Or one of us is looking at the wrong leaderboard as a reference. And of course one of us has lost our mind.:roflmao::laugh:

Last edited:
Ok...I will take #43 but I may have an issue. I am the safety director of my company and I have to do COVID meetings today, including the night shift. Their meeting is at 1600 hours and I live 75 miles away from work. Practice starts at 1800 hours my time and if traffic is like it has been the past few weeks I should get home in time.

But maybe not.

• Love
Reactions: DND
All I can ask is give it a try, most damage is fixable and can be overcome to at least finish on the lead lap and clawing to get a position back. Not for everyone I'm sure, just trying to keep it fresh.
I can do damage. Hell, in my "serious" league we have full damage and because I am one of the few that is able to keep it clean I have managed to podium most of my races even though I am slower than much of the field.

Of course, now that I say that I have a feeling the wall and I are going to be trading intimate details with each other.

Ok...I will take #43 but I may have an issue. I am the safety director of my company and I have to do COVID meetings today, including the night shift. Their meeting is at 1600 hours and I live 75 miles away from work. Practice starts at 1800 hours my time and if traffic is like it has been the past few weeks I should get home in time.

But maybe not.
Be safe Greg and thanks to everyone that is making the effort of commuting that does not have the option to work from home.

Stay Safe

45-minute race approximately 34 laps, 68 litres. Traction control 30% and 40%.
Thanks @Calvyn White you saved my butt! I didn't read it at all and just assumed it was a 40 min race :confused:
Thanks for the info and your help which might keep me closer to competing if I can keep my focus for 45 min and not do something stupid. Of course that will give me a chance to repair damage and change tires!!

One thing to note for those that haven't done a practice race, when you are at the start or come out of the pits the tires are Stone Cold!! Drive accordingly or you will be enjoying a thrill ride off track.

One thing to note for those that haven't done a practice race, when you are at the start or come out of the pits the tires are Stone Cold!! Drive accordingly or you will be enjoying a thrill ride off track.
I get no joy from going off the track but my partner does, she will laugh and laugh with the pointing finger of ridicule. So no I drive accordingly. I get no joy from others going off unless of course, it's a karma situation. Such as a badly executed divebomb. Followed by the reality finger of justice and a few chosen words, I'll leave that to your imagination. :laugh:
And you're welcome.:thumbsup:

Thanks @Calvyn White

I have found this out the hard way too many times. :roflmao:
I hope everyone remembers that the braking distance is gonna be a little longer the first few laps too. Hate to have someones race end early because a couple of Porsche's decide to mate going into turn 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%