RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@David DeGreef When you say full damage as in engine, suspension, bodywork etc or do you mean full damage visually only?
No, I mean full as in broke, or mostly broke.:thumbsup:

Because I'm wondering if one gets punted off and picked up some suspension damage that will either cripple the car or put it out of the race. How is the golden rule going to be played out?
I think we can continue with our normal self policing and better judgement as we have been doing on Teamspeak letting someone know not to wait if is forgiven by the punted. I would expect that if the punted had a complete and total failure (CTF :rolleyes: aka unable to continue) as a result they would let the punter know to continue.

Anything less than CTF it may make sense for the punter to allow the punted ahead and follow around to pit entry, once the punted enters the pits the punter continues on course at full speed.
or
Anything less than CTF the punter allows the punted ahead and then the punter may pass and continues on course at full speed. (pretty much the golden rule with no additional penalty other than waiting for a broke car driven by an less than happy driver get back on track.

Thanks for bringing it up Calv.

I know it's probably way too late and you've already made the decision, but I'm definitely going to miss the damage free racing. I go to other league stuff for my serious racing, the Tuesday series has been a fun break where one slip up doesn't ruin your race. I'm not particularly excited about doing club racing with damage.

Last tuesday for example, Greg and I both ran headfirst into a wall. But we drove back on track and had some great racing after that. With damage, that's game over, no more fun for the night.

I know it's probably way too late and you've already made the decision, but I'm definitely going to miss the damage free racing. I go to other league stuff for my serious racing, the Tuesday series has been a fun break where one slip up doesn't ruin your race. I'm not particularly excited about doing club racing with damage.

Last tuesday for example, Greg and I both ran headfirst into a wall. But we drove back on track and had some great racing after that. With damage, that's game over, no more fun for the night.

All I can ask is give it a try, most damage is fixable and can be overcome to at least finish on the lead lap and clawing to get a position back. Not for everyone I'm sure, just trying to keep it fresh.

Anything less than CTF it may make sense for the punter to allow the punted ahead and follow around to pit entry, once the punted enters the pits the punter continues on course at full speed.
or
Anything less than CTF the punter allows the punted ahead and then the punter may pass and continues on course at full speed. (pretty much the golden rule with no additional penalty other than waiting for a broke car driven by an less than happy driver get back on track.

I like option 1 as it applies a stiffer penalty to the punter. If the punted feels it unnecessary they can tell the punter to pass and be on their merry way.

Reactions: DND
Well, I found out it takes a little over 50 seconds to fix the entire front aerodynamics. And about 27 seconds to fix one notch of damage on the suspension. The 50 seconds for the aerodynamics and you can safely a win is virtually impossible. Add them all together including driving in and drive out of the pits and you might as well pack up your garage and head back to HQ. As you will be more or less than a lap down. Depressing as that may sound you still shouldn't give up.
And remember not all damage results in a car that is noncompetitive, or require immediate attention. Some damage may be tolerable for the balance of the race, other times it does get worse and the car eventually needs repair otherwise an imminent failure or crash.
For me I commit for the 1-1/2 hours or so and will stick around even it is for last place.

The AI stuffed me hard into the wall and continued on their merry way, didn't wait for me or even say sorry. I ran the last 35 minutes of the 45 minute race with minor suspension damage that didn't slow me down at all.

Reactions: DND
The AI stuffed me hard into the wall and continued on their merry way, didn't wait for me or even say sorry. I ran the last 35 minutes of the 45 minute race with minor suspension damage that didn't slow me down at all.
I know from league racing in r3e that it doesn’t take much to ruin your race if contact is made. I’ll give it a go, but I did like the no damage mode, for the fun aspect.

Just did 30 laps on the server and at the end of the stint had about 35% tire wear left. I used the default setup, traction control at 40% and 68 liters of fuel. I was careful not to have a spin and was setting times just about a tick.two from my leaderboard :sneaky:.
@ko41 @Calvyn White and others that are doing setups what are you seeing for the 2x wear on tires?
After 29 laps lf 24, rf 32, lr 28, rr 31 running about a dozen ticks from my leaderboard time.:O_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes