RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it I just realized that the DTM2016 have MUCH BETTER GRIP than these.
Oh well here comes another big learning curve
It's funny because it's true.
Since last December's major update the DTM 2016 handles somewhat better now. Unfortunately, the reverse has occurred to so many others. With the loss of back end grip on exit, excessive oversteer which is virtually impossible to dial out completely despite having some outrageous settings in the setup menu.
Breaking into corners as if you were on ice. You've only got to try one of the German Nationals as an example. Take one for a spin and remember these are racing cars. Not that you'd know it. :whistling:
I don't know if Sector 3 has got a tyre model, probably not. If it has or not I don't know but whatever is causing this unrealistic stimulation and IMO it certainly needs some work done.
I just get the impression in making the cars harder to drive is an attempt to say it's more realistic. This false impression makes the game significantly dilutes from a true realism for a sloppy one.

Calling things fixed doesn't mean they're fixed just for the sake of using the word for impression purposes. To me, it means they have changed something which doesn't mean it's right or fixed. In these circumstances.
It is obvious to me that some cars appeared to behave as they should "now" but many others do not.

Last edited:
So I actually feel the opposite on the handling of the cup car now. To me they are easier to drive fast now. Once you’ve spent a decent amount of time in the car, it starts to become clear how it wants to be driven. The limit of traction is just pushed to a different area of rotation. It oversteers once you get comfortable with a little off power turn in followed by modulating throttle to point it in the right direction. It is still a Porsche after all, and really a street car with sticky tires. I’m not sure how accurate the tire model is, but this car just takes time.

Got to agree with Dan, as this car does drive in a manner that makes sense. Brakes as it should and comes out a corner just like a Porsche should. I would give it an 8 out of 10. I would probably give it a 9 if it wasn't for the funny fourth gear. But I think that's just a sound issue and nothing more.
I'm not saying this because I'm at the top of the leaderboard as I genuinely feel it's a good car that works as it should and exercise my bragging rights. :whistling: :D And I have now added to my pick and go list. Ones that I would be bothered to drive.

Last edited:
Just another quick question about the pit generation David. As there is no mandatory pit stop do the pits still work as if there was? Opens 10 minutes after the start and closes 10-minutes before the end for example.

Just another quick question about the pit generation David. As there is no mandatory pit stop do the pits still work as if there was? Opens 10 minutes after the start and closes 10-minutes before the end for example.

The pits are technically always open but with mandatory pit stops a window is set by the game to meet this requirement. With mandatory stops removed I believe there is no restrictions on pits.

Been ages since we raced these, I forgot how close things could get. Great fun racing @Steve Le Gallez in race one, shame about your off or it would have gone all the way to the end. The only slight advantage I had over you was the braking into T2. Couldn't hold @PurgerUK off in race two. I'm going to call my finish 3rd, since I was gifted the win by an incident.

Good racing guys. :thumbsup:

I think this would have been the first time an event has come up since December's update. I know it's been a while but all the same, I was wondering has anybody that has taken part noticed any notable change in the cars handling.

I was wondering has anybody that has taken part noticed any notable change in the cars handling.
I can't really remember the subtleties since it's been so long, but I felt like my Cupra had far less lift-off over-steer then before. It was necessary to fudge your suspension setup to tame it pre-patch, but last night I was running default suspension and it felt absolutely fine. That was with very little rear wing too, and it still felt pretty stable. Over-steer was easy enough to induce if wanted, but it felt controlled rather than a "flaw" I had to deal with.

MCS R1.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Multi-Class Series
Cars: P2 / GTR 3
Track: Silverstone - GP

Saturday 11/04/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 UTC (60 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum 2 tyres)

P2 - 12 slots
  1. Steve Le Gallez
  2. Calvyn White
  3. Vitor M Sousa
  4. 2112
  5. Integro
  6. PurgerUK
  7. leerb
  8. Keith_G
  9. Ingemar Petersson
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot

GTR 3 - 18 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. David DeGreef
  3. Balazs Floszmann
  4. brc19
  5. ionONE1
  6. cagivariver
  7. IlPaoletto
  8. ko41
  9. Antmerino
  10. Jopamir
  11. Kevin Bradley
  12. Raf Nix
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot

UTP#47

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the Multi-Class Series! This will be a short stint of races over the next four weeks featuring the popular P2 and GTR 3 classes. The idea of these events is to be a step up from our regular club racing, while remaining friendly and open to all. Details of the rounds are as follows:

11/04/20 - Round 1: Silverstone Grand Prix
18/04/20 - Round 2: Monza Grand Prix
25/04/20 - Round 3: Hungaroring Grand Prix
02/05/20 - Round 4: Suzuka Grand Prix

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following differences from our regular club racing:

1) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. You can can sign up or not, as you please.

2) You must stick with the same class throughout the series. Switching cars within that class is fine.

3) Progress over rounds will be tracked, but there are no prizes and the winner will not see their name put up in lights on RD or anywhere else. It's just for fun.

4) If you sign up, you are expected to finish the race. Deliberate DNFs will be excluded from future rounds, and possibly future series.

5) Full damage will be enabled, which includes the flat-spotting of tyres.

6) Mandatory pit means you must pit at least once, but are free to pit as many times as you like overall. (ie, you can pit to repair damage or change flat-spotted tyres at any time.)

7) Despite the extra "competition", you are expected to abide by all of the regular club racing rules. The Golden Rule absolutely still applies to these events.

8) The official practice session has been cut to 15 minutes so that these events start/finish at roughly the same times as usual. However, the server will be up and open for practice well before the event officially starts.

Standings

ResultsR1.png

Live Stream

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks