RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign me in please with #51
THX

Ah, sry, just saw I am working in nightshift on that day... So no chance for me to take part

• Sad
Reactions: DND
Not to step on your toes, Ross.
I highly recommend getting yourself a cheap headset @stribbeck

Reasons.
To hear any last-minute instructions from the host, @Ross Garland.
And to make those vital apologies when a punt off has occurred and to let the driver know you are waiting for him. Waiting for another driver after a punt is a race department rule. But a simple apology can go a long way to allow you to continue with the approval of that punted a driver. Which you will not be able to do without a headset. So without that communication, you will be forced to abide by the rule 100%. Which you are expected to do this anyway on these occasions with or without a headset.

And of course, it's useful to ask others about their setups, fuel and tyre strategies. Numerous amounts of advice from listening and asking. Well worth the 10 quid.
You can even use a normal set of headphones and if you've got a webcam you can use the microphone from that. Not the ideal solution but it should work.

As for finding the server go to the search section at the top and type in racedepartment. You should see two at the moment. Click on each one and add them to your favourites. And now they should be at the top of your list of the multiplayer of servers. You may have to repeat this now and again.
I'm not sure if there's going to be an official event as there is usually one Saturday evenings. I'm sure Ross will let you and the rest of us know as in when he can.

In the opening event post, you have links in blue that will provide you with all the information you need, rules "a must-read there are no excuses of I didn't know". Installations guides for highly recommended software I for one couldn't do without.

Welcome to the club if you're looking for "good clean fun" you've come to the right place.

Last edited:
Not to step on your toes, Ross.
I highly recommend getting yourself a cheap headset @stribbeck

Reasons.
To hear any last-minute instructions from the host, @Ross Garland.
And to make those vital apologies when a punt off has occurred and to let the driver know you are waiting for him. Waiting for another driver after a punt is a race department rule. But a simple apology can go a long way to allow you to continue with the approval of that punted a driver. Which you will not be able to do without a headset. So without that communication, you will be forced to abide by the rule 100%. Which you should expect to do on these occasions with or without a headset anyway.

And of course, it's useful to ask others about their setups, fuel and tyre strategies. Numerous amounts of advice from listening and asking. Well worth the 10 quid.
You can even use a normal set of headphones and if you've got a webcam you can use the microphone from that. Not the ideal solution but it should work.

As for finding the server go to the search section at the top and type in racedepartment. You should see two at the moment. Click on each one and add them to your favourites. And now they should be at the top of your list of the multiplayer of servers. You may have to repeat this now and again.
I'm not sure if there's going to be an official event as there is usually one Saturday evenings. I'm sure Ross will let you and the rest of us know as in when he can.

In the opening event post, you have links in blue that will provide you with all the information you need, rules "a must-read there are no excuses of I didn't know". Installations guides for highly recommended software I for one couldn't do without.

Welcome to the club if you're looking for "good clean fun" you've come to the right place.

Thanks for the help much appreciated :)

Sure am had enough of managing to get a halve descent qualifying lap (mid grid) lol just to be punted off at turn 1

Loss of control on 2nd lap and drop back a few spots, speeding in the pits...x2 and still a lot of fun. I think I could race this course every other week.
I was under the impression that you are unable to serve your drive-through penalty for speeding in the pit lane. It also said you were disqualified. Well, I think it was you. I will have to check with @davew045 stream. Thanks by the way for that mate.:thumbsup::)
A bit of a go-kart type track, in my opinion, it's a shame the game hasn't got them. But I still great technical track that demands the utmost concentration.:inlove: But too many sausage curbs absolute car killer for open-wheelers.
And I do think because it's a bit slower Tatuus F4 would go down an absolute treat for an open-wheeler.:thumbsup: The X17 probably not. :roflmao:

So as far as penalties in pit lane, it’s a fine line. If you trip the speed limit while on, or coming off the limiter, it gives you a drive thru. If you blatantly speed thru pits, it DQ’s you. I run auto pit now. I pull up the pit menu before pulling off to pit, that way I have the speed limit, and current speed right in my face. In auto pit mode, the limiter comes on as soon as you cross the pit entrance, and like wise , as soon as you exit pit it turns off. I’ve had too many small incidents like Keith had while doing it manually. Keith got DQ’d because he didn’t see his drive thru.

I couldn't get the %^$# drive through selected in the pit menu so I ended up with a second set of new tires and would have to come back in again to serve the drive through penalty.
Not sure if I would have been able to keep Dan behind me without the penalty, but damn, I had an 8 second lead after my pitstop.

11_Weasel.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DND
Yeah it was a bazaar set of circumstances to be sure @Calvyn White . The only thing I can think causing the speeding was running on the limiter and 'bouncing' over that limit. I hit one of those sausage curbs late in the race and if it was with FULL damage would have surely trashed the suspension.

I couldn't get the %^$# drive through selected in the pit menu so I ended up with a second set of new tires and would have to come back in again to serve the drive through penalty.
Not sure if I would have been able to keep Dan behind me without the penalty, but damn, I had an 8 second lead after my pitstop.
Yea I was second guessing my decision to take fuel during my tire change when I saw you had 8 seconds on me. In the end it didn’t matter. Damn that could have been such a close race for most of us!

Well...I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, even if it is at the expense of others. What with my crappy first few laps I was all but out of it by the end of the second or third lap. I was just trying to hammer out consistent laps and hope for the best.

When I came out from my pit stop I was about 8 seconds behind Tobin and figured I would try to chase him down. I got up to his tail going through the last complex but lost it into the wall. Fell behind 8 seconds again and looked at the time: 10:00 minutes. I figured if I just kept my pace up I could at least pressure him the last few laps.

I have to say that was one of my best races in that I had such a crap start and was able to chase Tobin down not once, but twice.

WTCR 2019.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: WTCR 2018 / 2019
Track: Mid Ohio - Full

Saturday 04/04/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 5 Places

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. Piotrek Blaszczak
  3. Steve Le Gallez
  4. Vitor M Sousa
  5. PurgerUK
  6. joecronk
  7. 2112
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#11

Last edited:
Note
Be aware that due to daylight saving, the event time has been put back by one hour to 19:00 UTC. This shouldn't affect most people as if your country observes daylight saving, then the event will be at the same local time as usual. (Eg, it was 20:00 in the UK before, and it's still 20:00 now because the UK is on UTC+1.)

Also note that both 2018 and 2019 versions of the WTCRs are eligible for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes