RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I really enjoy the cars but this track is the worst as far as I am concerned! It has the soul of a Walmart parking lot. As a matter of fact it reminds me of driving my old TR4 on Saturday mornings at the local parking lot with lots of cones marking the course. No visual clues and impossible to see well from these cars. Enough complaining! Now back to practice a bit more so I can at least know where the next turn is.

Well, I must agree this layout is certainly the most difficult with these cars. Like I said in an earlier post I do not like the slowest speed corners. Very difficult to find the stability at the slower speeds without jeopardising the stability for what these cars are built for, long sweeping corners "mostly". Despite the awkwardness and difficulty of this particular layout, I do enjoy the challenge and for me that the fun of it. Without that "now and again" challenge I feel I would not improve without that challenge. You are forced to improve;).
Sure the A1 layout would have been easier for theses cars as they are considerably more compliant most of the time.
As for markers for breaking etc after about 50 or 60 laps, you begin to get the feel where you need the break. Only practice will help you with this problem of the track of not having many indicators to help. As for scenery, I don't give two :poop:s if there are trees, grandstands etc. It doesn't matter I'm far too focused on the next apex before I even get to them. Sure we've all looked at the crowns and waved as we're going down the straights or is that just me. :roflmao: Don't tell anybody but yes I may have done this once or twice as I've won the race. Take note once or twice.:whistling:

I do believe in options there are some metre markers that you can turn on. Sort of an extra thing in your settings. I don't know if this will help and not.

Anyway here's my setup for the DMD P20.
I like this setup. I like it so much I would give myself a like if I could. You know just to make sure I at least get one. :( :cry::D
Many thanks for those that show appreciation for my work, it is very much appreciated. The rest of you that just take can go and do one.:p:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2020-02-28_03-00-37_dmd_p20.svm
    7.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Many thanks for those that show appreciation for my work, it is very much appreciated. The rest of you that just take can go and do one.:p:rolleyes:
I know this is not aimed at me Calvyn - because I think I have said it before that I appreciate your offered setups.:)
But because of my no-pedals setup I need some more special (loose/oversteering) setups than yours:thumbsup:
But if I can grab one of yours I allways use them as an inspiration when I cook my own.
Its allways interesting to see whats in the soup when a good cook has been nerding.;)

I know this is not aimed at me Calvyn - because I think I have said it before that I appreciate your offered setups.:)
But because of my no-pedals setup I need some more special (loose/oversteering) setups than yours:thumbsup:
But if I can grab one of yours I allways use them as an inspiration when I cook my own.
Its allways interesting to see whats in the soup when a good cook has been nerding.;)
You're right it isn't directed at you it is directed to the rude people in general.
I will keep this short as this thread is not meant for this purpose.
If someone has given you something for free for helping and assisting others that may not have the time or the know-how. So isn't it common courtesy to at least say thank you? Or just click the like button. I just feel some people are just too embarrassed to admit to accepting a little help whether it does or not. It could be many reasons why people are oblivious of the efforts of others. Laziness just can't be bothered or even a little ignorant.
At the end of the day no matter what it is if you've done a good job it deserves to be recognised whether it's a pay increase, a bonus, a pat on the back or a "like" it should be honoured by any available means.
When I first started sharing my setups the lack of appreciation disappoint me but after more than a year of doing so, it's now become insulting. And because of this, I don't see myself sharing my setups for much longer. Not that would make much difference for those that don't give a :poop: anyway. End of rant, sorry @David DeGreef.

Last edited:
When I first started sharing my setups the lack of appreciation disappoint me but after more than a year of doing so, it's now become insulting. And because of this, I don't see myself sharing my setups for much longer.
Some of the reason is probably the anonymity of the net - but the other part is that there exist a lot of egoistic assholes who as you does mention dont give a damn.
Its the same mentality you can see in public MP races where a lot of people get a kick out of destroying races for others.
Personally I would be sorry if you stopped cooking - but as I mentioned my use of your setups is kinda special.
[derailing end\]

No apologies necessary @Calvyn White I understand the frustration as a simple acknowledgement goes a long way. I do appreciate your's and others efforts in setups, mods, advice and although I rarely take advantage of, I have used 2 setups in the past I find that trying to 'learn' a setup other than default or tried on my own lands in me in a position I am driving a car that can be quick for a lap or two but generally does not fit what I try to do which is have a car I can be consistent with albeit not even close to the fastest and I believe the only way to do that is to do the setup on your own as then it becomes one with your style.

I'm out. Rift earphones are broken, and one of the speakers on the replacement headset I've been using has literally just snapped off of the headband. ****ing quality is an absolute joke these days! :mad::mad::mad::mad: All I've got left are ear buds, and they won't reach my PC.

What room is Sim Racing 101 in? I feel as if I need to review the basics again. I'm trying my best, but I continuously hover around the 2 minute mark on my own.
I must admit I'm rather confused by your question. (Nothing new there) Which I'm rather curious to know the answer to as the only thing that I know about Sim racing 101 is a series of videos by Empty Box on YouTube.

Sorry about that. I was trying to be funny with the 101 question. I'm just having trouble with this car and track combination. I feel like I am having problems everywhere, and I have no idea of where to begin to fix this mess.

@Wilko Jones I can only suggest that you make sure your Force Feedback is at the best you can get it. Not necessarily what you like but looking for the best feeling you can get in the way of information from the track surface to your wheel and hands.
Since the major update last December the Force Feedback is a major component to car control even more than before, a lot more. It has become extremely important to get the best information from the wheel so you know what to do to your setup from that feeling.
Even the car setups themselves have become even more important. As there have been additional settings. So, in reality, the Force Feedback has got to be at its best for your wheel otherwise your setup will not be accurate enough.
Been tweeting my Force Feedback for week's and with every tweak, I can understand what a car is doing a bit better each time. The better the Force Feedback the better the set-ups will be. IMO. Do not accept, that will do.

Last edited:
Thanks @Calvyn White I will tinker with the wheel and see what I can get out of it. Granted I still want to get rid of it for something a lot more capable, but for the time being I may have some bad settings messing me up.
I don't know if you've seen this or not and I don't know if it'll help or not but there may be something in the thread that may help.

Multi-class - P2 & GTR 3.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: Prototype P2 / GTR 3
Track: Road America

Saturday 07/03/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (60 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum 2 tyres)

Entry List - 30 slots | P2: 8 / GTR 3: 8
  1. Ross Garland - GTR 3 (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat - P2
  3. Bart Matyja - P2
  4. Steve Le Gallez - P2
  5. leerb - P2
  6. Luca Antinori - GTR 3
  7. 2112 - P2
  8. PurgerUK - P2
  9. Piotrek Blaszczak - GTR 3
  10. EireGreen™ - GTR 3
  11. Roy Magnes - GTR 3
  12. David DeGreef - GTR 3
  13. wazowski - P2
  14. Knut Mattheisen - GTR 3
  15. Ti Ko - GTR 3
  16. Rolf Berge 68 - P2
  17. Jopamir - GTR 3
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#35

Last edited:
Notes

If one of the classes does not have at least four (4) drivers by 12pm on race day, the event will revert to the class that has more drivers signed up.

Please state the class you intend to drive when you sign up for this event. If you want to sign up and then try the cars out then that's fine, but please make sure you have posted your choice by 12pm on race day.

If you are not already, you may want to use OtterHUD for this event. It has a relative position widget which can be helpful for seeing who is in your class and therefore who you are directly racing against.

One final note, being in the faster class does not give you automatic track rights. Any driver on the same lap as you has every right to race as normal, including defending their position if they wish. If you are in the faster class and are coming up to lap a slower class, it is your responsibility to make the pass cleanly and safely. Do not force your way past as it'll just end in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes