RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's probably the fastest 40 minutes I've ever had.
Rotten luck re. the incident, but it did hand me a podium so I'm certainly not complaining. :D

Re. the format, I'm personally a big fan.
Damage (while it didn't have much of an effect in this race) does force players to be a wee bit more careful. And while I wouldn't attempt it on an open server, in a closed setting I do think it should be on.

Same with the race-length, and the fixed set-up/no pitstop. 40 minutes means you have time to recover from a mistake, or at least have more of a chance than in a 20 minute race.
I get that some would prefer to be able to set up their car as they like, and enjoy the pit-stop strategy.
And I'm certainly not advocating that EVERY race should be fixed set-up.
But every once in a while it's nice to have a race for us mechanical morons. :roflmao:

In.

May I suggest we go with the iteration that does not have the chicane on the back straight? Without the chicane the iteration presents its own problems coming into the sweeping right (turn 5) at the end of Mistral that allows for good passing opportunities, then the transition from 5 to 6 presents its own problems due to the speeds at which you can take turn 5.

IMO, despite the lack of two corners we get with the chicane, the racing and track are better.

• Love
Reactions: DND
I didn't know there would be a math quiz. 1C-V2=FR/33 Is that correct?

You passed and get a gold star :thumbsup:

In.

May I suggest we go with the iteration that does not have the chicane on the back straight? Without the chicane the iteration presents its own problems coming into the sweeping right (turn 5) at the end of Mistral that allows for good passing opportunities, then the transition from 5 to 6 presents its own problems due to the speeds at which you can take turn 5.

IMO, despite the lack of two corners we get with the chicane, the racing and track are better.

Although i am not a big fan of chicanes I do believe that this layout provide three long acceleration sectors that will provide good passing opportunities.

Hey Ross
Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

Having taken part in some races with another league, I really realllly miss racing with you guys. I miss races where people drive with manners. Hoping to get a schedule where I can hop back in here some time.

You are always welcome and I am sure we all appreciate the kind words. I wish I could offer more in regards to an actual league racing but that is not possible at this time. As I said you are always welcomed to join us when you can and good luck in your series.

Although i am not a big fan of chicanes I do believe that this layout provide three long acceleration sectors that will provide good passing opportunities.
No problem at all David. I did a few laps on the circuit last night (you may have noticed my time...on default) and I noted I was able to build up quite a bit of speed going into T5 and carry it into T6. The run up from the chicane is long enough to get up a considerable amount of speed.

No problem at all David. I did a few laps on the circuit last night (you may have noticed my time...on default) and I noted I was able to build up quite a bit of speed going into T5 and carry it into T6. The run up from the chicane is long enough to get up a considerable amount of speed.

I noticed. :thumbsup:

:D

I just noticed my time is faster than Calvyn's. I do not know if he is going to stand for that. If he must make changes my time is still on default. :cool:

I had some troubles going into a couple of turns, made a tweak on my wheel settings and all of the sudden I got my speed back. It has been missing since the big update.

I have to admit that I think I have at least one more second on default before I make some changes. I just went last night until I was able to put KO down by a second and a half.

(Why yes, I am bragging! It has been awhile since I have felt fast.)

These high downforce cars really leave me befuddled at times. I'll nail the first sector then I'm :poop: in the second and good in the third. Next lap I'm :poop: in the first and third. I can never quite get that perfect lap but if I did I'd still be a second or so behind...……...must practice more.:D

Like the track, love the cars. I look at these cars as if they are built for speed. Long sweeping corners and never-ending straights. They do not like sharp corners, hairpins or chicanes. They're more at home with tracks like Le Mans even the Nordschleife and others of that ilk.
If the down forces are not in play these cars will not handle very well. Car bouncing, brakes locking up and other stuff that you just don't know what the results are going to be, usually not a good one.

Driving the Audi in the cockpit view unless you are in VR I would not drive in this view unless you've got multiple suicides on your mind.:roflmao: You cannot see :poop:. You get a better view from driving a tank.

Probably could do with an extra click on the front downforce. As the brakes are either on or off. A bit like a light switch. I always thought breaks should work like a dimmer switch but I don't think these cars know that they are fitted. :laugh:
I owned a Citroen Pallas once that had breaks like that, I killed it on an icy road, bloody thing would not stop at a T-junction no matter what did. Straight across two lanes of traffic mounted the pavement straight into a brick wall I swear to god I was going faster after I applied the brakes.:confused::O_o: Anyway, I digress.

Keeping the front Camber low creating a bigger tyre surface on the black stuff will help with the breaking. Also taking the brake pressure down to 90 and even lower will also help. Gently with the brakes. A very quick hard-on (pardon the expressions) then quickly too soft. Lockups are very very easy and very detrimental to your lap times.

Here's my set up on the Audi which may give clues to one or two of you maybe not.
If I have time I'll post the others and maybe even update this one. As I do feel it still has more to give.

Attachments

• 2020-02-27_10-46-23_audi_r18.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I like the Audi just not at this track as the lack of guard rails, trees grandstands, etc.. make it difficult to hit the apexs and not abuse track limits as the visual clues are at a minimum and looking out of the port windows takes some getting used to in the best of conditions. Anyone you chooses to run the Audi here has my upmost respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes