RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Joyster had a lot of fun tonight fellas - actually finished 8th out of 11...

And just before the race I had my first win against the AI (at 95) from the back of the grid so :):):):):):):)

The Team put their success down to 2 factors:
1. Vorsprung Durch Technik - replaced the squash ball (which kept slipping out) with a 5 X 3 wedge of memory foam (which didn't). Now on the lookout for a T300RS for a reasonable price...
2. Increasing lock by 2 tamed my steering input and enabled recovery from over-steer situations.

I'll just toss this out there, forgive me if it's already been discussed, but has there ever been any thought about doing a rolling start? I (and others) have been caught up in a few incidents at the start due to people not being able to get off the line cleanly, so hours of practice and setup are essentially down the toilet before the first turn. A rolling start would mostly negate this.

Not whinging or anything, still had fun working back through the field, but I thought it might be worth a discussion.

Do agree 100% Brandon
On the starting line car in front of me didn't get off the line at all so from 6th at the start went straight to 11th.
Rolling start should resolve issues like this.

Do agree 100% Brandon
On the starting line car in front of me didn't get off the line at all so from 6th at the start went straight to 11th.
Rolling start should resolve issues like this.

Same here (I was probably right behind you), I tried to avoid it but got clipped and then found myself backwards in a pile of cars. By the time I got righted the leaders had probably completed half of the first lap.

I think half the problem was also it went straight from qualifying to race so quickly... I know I went to the loo and had to dash back to seat, put my headphones on and just get off the line but I had not got myself comfy and I was certainly not ready!

Last edited:
I think half the problem was also it went straight from qualifying to race so quickly... I know I went to the loo and had to dash back to seat, put my headphones on and just get off the line but I had not got myself comfy and I was certainly not ready!
The qually was 15 minutes, I hesitate to ask what took you so long:p

Yes but from the end of qualify I had barely left the room that the race was starting. I expected a warm up but there was barely a gap between both. Great race aside from that mind!

Kenny may correct me on this, but you probably have no control over the time between sessions, it just goes right from one to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 147 65.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 102 45.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 106 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 64 28.4%
Back