RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the podium and thanks to all who attended a tough race, special mention to @Joseph Wright for keeping the live stream interesting with hardly any info and through the tech problems.
race.jpg

Well, my winning streak as of late seems to be continuing without fail... Well, at least I wasn't as frustrated by my complete lack of skill as I was on Thursday and hopefully didn't wreck anyone but myself in the process this time. I don't think I did, at least...:unsure:

Tried to be as considerate and careful as possible, sometimes screwing myself in the process as usual (it's amazing how going slower than usual can completely mess up your line and rhythm), so it was kinda disheartening to hear that P1 drivers were considered too aggressive. Hopefully I wasn't one of them...

One thing I hadn't counted on when I upgraded my pedals with the brake mod was the fact that I'm a desk driver, which means I sit on an office style chair with wheels on it. (on carpet so it doesn't roll easily.) That's no problem when your pedals are as soft as a melted marshmallow. Unfortunately, mine isn't anymore so every time I braked I was rolling backwards! I had to keep dragging myself forwards by pulling on my wheel. Lesson learned... I'll have a wheel-less chair for Tuesday! :p

I feel your pain there...

Last edited:
My race was pretty over at first corners on first lap...
@Peter Bakus was on fire, super agressive and couldnt avoid spunnig me off as I slowed down because of a span car in front of us.
Ended in the midlle of the track and let (almost:O_o:) everybody pass. When I thought there was a gap to straighten out the car in the right direction, I ended up right in the front of @PresidentSmug (Ismail) with nowhere he could go at that point and to whom I sincerely apologize for that:(
Then, when refuelling, I didnt remember I had to shut down the engine and ended losing almost half minute just to figure it out...:sleep: What a twat:thumbsdown::geek:
Surelly not my best moments...
Congrats to everybody, specially to the podiums:thumbsup: and also thanks to those who make this events possible:cool:
Cheers

• Deleted member 6919

Nice run @Gopher04 Quick question.... did you take tires or just fuel?

Just fuel Joel, I done a full race earlier today to see what I needed to do, I'm a bit anal that way, but it does pay off most of the time.. it's a shame about your race and Daniels, as you both had slightly better pace than me, but it was good fun.

For me what I've watched back so far from my point of view, apart from a couple of dodgy looking rejoins I saw, which nearly cost me, the race looked good, pretty much everyone one else in the P2's and GT's held their lines and didn't make a silly change of directions..:thumbsup: The P1's are such a handful in the slow corners, but for me I really enjoyed the race, it was hectic for the 1st part of the race but then calmed down, we certainly need a flag system that works, more to do with the blue flag, but this is the sort of race that slow down penalties should not happen because it can be a hazard. I hope the P1's ain't taken out of the equation in future multiclass races, for me it would ruin it, but hey I'm not the boss.

And as Kenny has already said congrats to Joseph for the commentary and without no overlay..:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: Once I have a car that isn't damaged and a chair that doesn't move, you will all feel the force of my super-duper pedal power! :confused:[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain Ross. I had the exact same setup. Then I got a solid chair that wouldn't move but found that when I hit the brakes hard, my pedal set would slide away from me so I got some 2x4s and braced it against the wall. Then I found that it was tilting away, trying flip into the wall as I pressed on my upright pedalset. My cries of anguish finally wore on the boss enough that she let me get a sim chair and I've lived happily ever after :cool:.

...I was looking forward for this race but it wasnt as I expected. Qualify wasn't good but I was second fastest in GTR3 class. Start was good and I managed to to pull forward but in front of me was a lot of crashes /mistakes from other drivers which cost me fight for top in GTR3. I think we should do formation lap here and I think all would be ok. Well done to guys on podium and all who finished this nightmare race... I'll see you on next one...

P>S> just one great racing with @PresidentSmug ;-)

I honestly still don't understand what formation lap is supposed to solve. But that's maybe because I've only done a formation lap once so far, at Laguna Seca, and the start of the race seemed to be the exactly same mess it is without a formation lap, if not worse. I mean...you still end up packed close together at the start line, side by side, hurtling towards the first few turns...

[QUOTE="M4LLY, post:
@Peter Bakus not sure who was at fault for our contact in the first lesmo. But im sorry it cost you time as i believe you pace was better!
Last corner well lets not talk about that! :whistling:[/QUOTE]

...don't worry that was the racing accident but be honest I didn't expect you tried to overtake me in that corner.

Well, Guys, in spite of Monza not being one of my favorite tracks, I have to say that I enjoyed this race right up until I ran out of fuel on the last lap with 10 seconds showing on the race timer:( to collect a DNF. That aside, I managed to stay on the track for the most part with the majority of my problems caused by dodging other cars crashing or re-entering the track after a crash. I do consider myself lucky even with my DNF b/c I actually got to pass Ismail in a race. First and last time that'll ever happen I'm sure:p. Of course he was driving a GT3 and I was in a P2, but hey, I take 'em where I get 'em:thumbsup:. And a special thanks to Kenny for correcting the announcer's pronunciation of my name on the Twitch broadcast.;)

Well this was a race to forget

The good

For the most part the P1s and P2s passing me were quite good, patient when required and off without a fuss.
I really enjoyed a tough battle with @Peter Bakus, he seemed to have better tires and braking while i had good pace but tires were showing their age. @Sr.O also proved challenging with that beast Godzilla. All my practice gave me a good understanding of how the track works, which helped me get quite fast knowing how to approach the bends.

The Bad

Cutting it short i was involved in 4 incidents which kind of ruined my race. 3 of the 4 took full responsibility for their mistake while 1 did not suggesting i should take another line. Apologies to everyone for the foul language i used during the race but as i'm sure you'll understand i was extremely frustrated. Each incident on their own wouldn't be that bad (like someone said earlier :poop: happens) but getting tag teamed by 2,3 or 4 of them is tough to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mentioned that i shouldn't have used the language that i did because "we are here for fun" however the problem with that statement is it doesn't define what "fun" actually is and some might say it never can because fun is different to everyone. Fun for me is preparation as well as the race where as i can understand that some like to turn up to a race with no preparation. I like to spend time to practice for the event, calculate fuel usage and tire wear before hand. Get used to light fuel for qualifying as well as heavy race fuel, practice getting consistent laps so i can compete with the likes of @Christian Moreau @Mike Davies because i'm not used to GT3 cars. But after today all that time seems wasted, the better approach would be to have not spent much time practising, making it much easier to accept spinning off track 3+ times because "its only for fun right".

I was pushed off twice by the same driver within 3 laps..not even a gt3, car was wrecked and i was really wondering what that guy was doing on a multiplayer race like we do here....so i had to leave and save all from my ....... but a driver like that can really get the fun out of online racing..and i know it's clubracing but that is not an excuse for bad driving like that.

BTW, watching the stream now and seeing my kinda hairy rejoin at Ascari in the last third of the race called out by @Joseph Wright as a very dangerous move, I'm sorry about the scare I probably gave you, @Nasos Charalampou. I spun out to the left in the middle of Ascari right at the point where there's no runoff, facing the wall (so the worst position imaginable as you have to reverse even further into the racing line to be able to get out of there and you can't really see the incoming cars behind you nor to the side). Wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible as it was a big crash waiting to happen while trying to leave as much space as possible for the other cars to pass me. I saw you coming in the mirrors and was keeping as much to the left as possible thinking I'll make it onto the straight in time (while you'll go to the right on the exit, so there will be no issue), but underestimated your speed and you basically passed me right as I was at the exit apex, so I once again unwittingly placed myself in the worst position possible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%