RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ross Garland Well, some people don't like hearing an artifical voice talking to them all the time I think. Some also find the idea of a spotter unrealistic for these events. I believe some of the fastest drivers around here don't actually use Crew Chief, but then again they certainly know their way around a field of cars without it (him?) ;)

I'd even agree on the realism part, but with a quite limited FOV on a single screen setup, I really see no other option but to use it. Well I guess I could be looking left and right all the time, but then I'd suck even more than I already do ;)

To be honest, for club racing I think the "realism" of a spotter is irrelevant. Racing incidents ruin people's day, so if there's a good way to significantly reduce them then I think it should be promoted. I've lost count of the number of times Crew Chief has made me aware of a car that I can't see in any mirrors or by using left/right glance. People hail me as a very clean racer during battles. Crew Chief is the reason why, without question.

great race everyone congrats!
Love the DP had some bad luck 3/4 through when I got caught up with a P! and GT3 and spun it, than I went in for a pit and was coming out in front of Kenwood and I kept hitting the wrong button to deactivate the pit limiter than went to far into the braking zone and locked up.....sorry for that Kenwood.
Congrats to all the podiums and RD for putting this together! :)

Well, that was a tough race! At the start I was having a hard time staying on the track, though it was mainly because I was out-driving myself. I was trying to hang with the other P1's, though it was mission impossible since all but two were 1+ secs faster than me in practice and qualy. Then at some point I appear to have damaged my rear wing, which was probably why I was having trouble keeping the rear in check. It was still a really fun race though with plenty going on throughout because of all the different classes. :thumbsup:

One thing I hadn't counted on when I upgraded my pedals with the brake mod was the fact that I'm a desk driver, which means I sit on an office style chair with wheels on it. (on carpet so it doesn't roll easily.) That's no problem when your pedals are as soft as a melted marshmallow. Unfortunately, mine isn't anymore so every time I braked I was rolling backwards! I had to keep dragging myself forwards by pulling on my wheel. Lesson learned... I'll have a wheel-less chair for Tuesday! :p

Hearty congratulations to the podium and thanks to everyone that turned up! :cool:

PS: Once I have a car that isn't damaged and a chair that doesn't move, you will all feel the force of my super-duper pedal power! :confused:

I gotta say sorry for the T1 incident to anyone involved but specialy Tony @Sr.O - I misjudged the space I had and accelerated too soon so this is purely on me. It was really embarrassing. The fact that I droped right down to the back of the field due to this just might have saved me from those many incidents that happened in front of me thou .. :) It was still nice race and I enjoyed the big ammount of traffic on track! And to everyone who hates Monza - it is great fun to try Mozna with the McLaren :D Congrats to the podiums and thanks for the race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 52 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 33.9%