RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. If the game gives you a penalty for cutting then how does RD's rules apply?
Far as I know, and Kenny might correct me on this, we're running with "if the game allows it, you're good".
It saves people from doing incident-reports, and having to have someone look through a replay etc.
The track-line system in R3E isn't perfect, but at least everyone is running by the same set of rules.
Personally, I couldn't care less.
I'm reasonably sure that I could cut every line in sight, and still not catch the leaders. :D

Just be aware that the track-limits vary a bit from track to track.
Try abusing them at Portimao, and you'll be spending entire laps in slow-down. ;)

@ entire field.....:whistling:.......Qualified 3rd.....2nd to last place after turn 8.:cry: But last, later in the lap.
Yes, the missile flying off the track at Les Comb (from the inside lane- 3 wide) was me. I think, I really made a mess of this race.

As soon as I realized I missed my braking marker, I just floored it, so I could fly off the track without taking anyone out. Then I saw the carnage fly past me as I was stopped off track.
It won't happen again. :notworthy: I sincerely apologize. @Otune , @ N. Sayers, @kedy89

@Andy Jackson,
I watched the replay and I apologize for the contact in the "Chicane". I thought I left plenty of room and on review, that was a dumb place for me to try and pass, but I yielded the position.
I was one of those to exceeded RD rule track limits. You can strip me of my finish position (whatever that was). I blame it on inexperience, poor car control, and I was giddy like a school girl waiting for a Justin Beiber concert to start.

@Schwud Nelsh - WOW that was great fun! You did everything right (drive your lines). Great battle!!! I was in awe...you were fast in all the right places, never blocked, and I thank you for letting me by, even though you didn't have too. :thumbsup: Gentleman driver for sure!!!! Sorry for the "rubbing" at turn 1. We had different braking points. Great job saving the car!!!

I think the common denominator here is that I was outbraking myself. I'll work on it.

THANK YOU @Kenny Paton !! For organizing this.

**edit. after watching the replay, I corrected/added some comments.

Last edited:
Far as I know, and Kenny might correct me on this, we're running with "if the game allows it, you're good".
It saves people from doing incident-reports, and having to have someone look through a replay etc.
The track-line system in R3E isn't perfect, but at least everyone is running by the same set of rules.
Personally, I couldn't care less.
I'm reasonably sure that I could cut every line in sight, and still not catch the leaders. :D

Just be aware that the track-limits vary a bit from track to track.
Try abusing them at Portimao, and you'll be spending entire laps in slow-down. ;)

I received 3 slow down penalties for off track excursions......Lost 5 seconds (overall) in just 1 off track excursion slow down penalty. It was brutal. Definitely no advantage gained there.
I was .059 behind someone - then slow down penalty - then I was 5.4 seconds behind that same car.
Actually, if I remember correctly, I steered off track trying to avoid rear ending the car in front of me.

In my opinion, I wish the Raceroom track limits were the white edge lines, except at curbs, and you were allowed to have 2 wheels off at most (not both front wheels or both rear wheels :p). It would even the field alittle more for Leaderboard times too.

Would save me time in learning a track. 'How to drive a track correctly', rather than 'how to drive a track looking for places you can exceed track limits without penalty for the fastest times'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back