RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong fellas, I don't mind if we are allowed to have all 4 wheels over the white lines but previously in the RD clubs we were told it was against the rules. I stayed within the white lines during practice and qualifying but during the race when I noticed others ignoring the rule I decided to do the same and straight away knocked nearly 2 seconds off my lap time.
Like I said, I don't mind, just want RD clarification. Maybe @Kenny Paton can check for us?

@Azfalt Raser I didn't even know you tried a risky overtake at the chicane mate, was that on the last lap when I slowed down?

Don't get me wrong fellas, I don't mind if we are allowed to have all 4 wheels over the white lines but previously in the RD clubs we were told it was against the rules. I stayed within the white lines during practice and qualifying but during the race when I noticed others ignoring the rule I decided to do the same and straight away knocked nearly 2 seconds off my lap time.
Like I said, I don't mind, just want RD clarification. Maybe @Kenny Paton can check for us?

@Azfalt Raser I didn't even know you tried a risky overtake at the chicane mate, was that on the last lap when I slowed down?

It was the last lap.
Your car probably pushed through the corner after hitting the bump on the inside of Chicane (inside curb throws you outward).
Still, it's the responsibility of the Passing Car to make sure the pass is clean. Side by side through any tight chicane is extremely high risk for contact. Stupid decision on my part. Luckily it worked out okay for us.

It was the last lap.
Your car probably pushed through the corner after hitting the bump on the inside of Chicane (inside curb throws you outward).
Still, it's the responsibility of the Passing Car to make sure the pass is clean. Side by side through any tight chicane is extremely high risk for contact. Stupid decision on my part. Luckily it worked out okay for us.

That was the lap I slowed right down because as I said earlier, it said final lap the previous lap. So I thought the race was over.....doh. Then I saw you getting closer. All good fun eh. :thumbsup:

Good move that Lars. But in a RD league event, all 4 wheels over the line would get you penalised and have points deducted. ;););):whistling:

That was the lap I slowed right down because as I said earlier, it said final lap the previous lap. So I thought the race was over.....doh. Then I saw you getting closer. All good fun eh. :thumbsup:

And to think I thought it was my jetpack mod that helped me catch you :p

btw, I showed 1 more lap to go. Then as I approached the 1st turn, I was told LAST LAP - thinking I had 1 last lap to do, I was surprised when the race ended. So yes....I was confused too.

The impromptu training session was fantastic. I think you had all 3 of us running 1:14 laptimes, at one point. I took a quick look, all three of us would have been in the top 10 on the leaderboards at the lap times you brought us down to.

Thank you @Lorenzo Bonder

Turns out, Im not that slow a driver.......compared to paraplegic. :D
consistency & car control.....brake earlier, hit apexes, be judicious with the gas pedal, stop overdriving...I will work on those.

Anyone wanting to participate on the US servers, when Lorenzo is around and we don't have alot of people, it's a great environment for learning and building speed. Once again, the people here at RD are the best!

@Kenny Paton So crossing the solid white line with all 4 wheels is allowed now? I don't mind because from now on I will do the same.:)
Good move that Lars. But in a RD league event, all 4 wheels over the line would get you penalised and have points deducted. ;););):whistling:
I really feel that if what the game uses as the lines then we are all racing under the same rules. Since it's not a league but a club event I don't see any harm in it. I certainly don't want to spend my time watching replays, dealing with incident reports and watch bad feeling creep into this friendly club. I like the fact that the game is impersonal and treats everyone the same I've yet to see any post race animosity displayed in the club and would like to keep it that way.
After all fun is still what it's about.:)

As long as I can join in for Qualy I might poke my head in tonight.
I can't make it any earlier due to the kids' bed ritual. :)
Do I need both WTCC packs or just one or the other?
Just jump in when you can, the game won't allow you during the race but any time up till then's fine.
Nowadays it's me that has the "bed ritual":whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play