RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to TeamSpeak and the current lack of flags.....with the amazing sounds in this game combined with the crew chief app I've found it extremely difficult to hear some users when they speak and in all honesty I don't care to hear people's shifters clicking and dogs barking while I am racing....sorry
I'll always type an apology if I bump someone the biggest issue with no flags is lapped drivers racing lead lappers could we add a club rule till flags are incorporated for players approaching lapped racers to flash there headlights and allow the car to pass at a safe point on the track and to not bob and weave or slam the brakes mid corner.....preferably on straights would be best :)

I don't bother with TS for the sole reason that some don't use Push to talk. I detest hearing all the strange grunts, coughs and shouting going on. :cool:

Sorry if anyone had any problems with my car being stuck on the grid when the race started - I found myself stuck on the Qualifying results screen and couldn't do anything; couldn't even reach Task Manager - 2 Black (not Blue!) screens - unresponsive (although I could still hear TS and the game running) - I had to reboot.

So, right now, I'm not in a happy place :mad:

(Hope the race itself was enjoyable for everyone else!).

Boring race for me. Qualified mid pack, stayed out of trouble. Took a few crashers on the way to 5th place. Lovely cars though. This was the first time I have used them. They sound fantastic don't they?
One thing I did notice though, was how many of the fast boys whilst I was viewing them were getting all 4 wheels over the white lines in various places. Is that allowed now? I tried to not even get two wheels over the white lines whenever possible.
Any way, congrats to the winner. Well done all the finishers.:thumbsup:

Oh and another thing. It told me I was on final lap after the time ran out so I crossed the finish line 2 3rds of a lap later only to find the race was still going on? I slowed right down but then noticed a car gaining on me. What's that all about? I had two final laps??:redface:

ps @Kenny Paton Thanks for organising it.:thumbsup:
2016-01-19_00001_zpstngbyszl.jpg

2016-01-19_00002_zpsekjisb45.jpg

Had myself the best race today! As much as I love gt3, prototypes and touring cars, I feel like I am more consistant in formula cars. But one thing that kind of bugged me was that I was struggling to reach top speeds of 285kph but other guys reached 300kph no problem? Maybe cause I lowered the rear wing down to 7.

Qualified P6 and finished P4 outside the podium. Kept the car consistantly on track and stayed out of trouble. Driving these cars are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I just love pushing the car to its limits and quickly reacting to my small mistakes without loosing much time.

Congrats to @tobi kederer, podium and to all who raced! Thank you @Kenny Paton

Boring race for me. Qualified mid pack, stayed out of trouble. Took a few crashers on the way to 5th place. Lovely cars though. This was the first time I have used them. They sound fantastic don't they?
One thing I did notice though, was how many of the fast boys whilst I was viewing them were getting all 4 wheels over the white lines in various places. Is that allowed now? I tried to not even get two wheels over the white lines whenever possible.
Any way, congrats to the winner. Well done all the finishers.:thumbsup:

Oh and another thing. It told me I was on final lap after the time ran out so I crossed the finish line 2 3rds of a lap later only to find the race was still going on? I slowed right down but then noticed a car gaining on me. What's that all about? I had two final laps??:redface:

ps @Kenny Paton Thanks for organising it.:thumbsup:
2016-01-19_00001_zpstngbyszl.jpg

2016-01-19_00002_zpsekjisb45.jpg
Good question. If the game gives you a penalty for cutting then how does RD's rules apply?

Fantastic race tonight. I has a very good start (surprising for me, especially in this sort of car!) and managed to jump into the lead. The first half of the race for me was watching @kedy89 slowly close the gap, and then for the second half I had to defend :D. It was a fantastic battle but unfortunately it ended with me getting involved in a crash :(. Really fun though and intense all the way through.

That's a bug I've noticed. When the timer reaches zero, it automatically says it is the final lap regardless of where the leader is. The race doesn't end until the leader crosses the line, so if the timer runs out and you cross the finish line before the leader, you'll seem to have a second final lap. :roflmao:

Aaaargh......
Most fun I've had in a long time...While it lasted.
As usual, it took me a few laps to get settled down and focused.
Then I had a fun time trying to get past @Marc Cabana , but could never really get quite close enough.
Until he made a mistake, and I decided to go for it....One loooong drag-fest all the way round the outside of Pouhon. :D
Probably the coolest move I've ever made in a sim (or the luckiest, pick one. :p )
And of course the gaming gods decided that I was having way too much fun. So my internet hiccupped.
Wasn't even for half a second, but enough to crash the game..... :confused::mad::cry:
I'd tell you how I felt about that, but I'm pretty sure those words aren't allowed on RD forums. :D

Ah well, there's always next time. :)

Cheers for the race guys, once again good fun with these cars :)

@Otune loved the battle we had, would've been hard to get past you without that lapping incident. Your defending was perfect :thumbsup:. You almost had me again at the end when a similar thing happened to me :D

@Andy Jackson Not sure about it myself, as I didn't get slow downs I thought it was fine. Think for me it were the exits of turns 9, 11 and 16. Might be related to the astro-turf at these corners, once I got over the one in t11 I got slow downs (happened a few times in practice).

@Brian Greenwood no worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play