Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
can't connect to discord, my account is linked but i'm not premium.
any idea ?
This is a problem that keeps happening, and I don't know why. I'm not a fan of Discord so don't have much experience with it. I'll raise the issue with the admins and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Sorry guys for bailing half way, I just got too frustrated with how much the cars handling changes for a race session along with being put into the wall before passing the start-finish line and getting caught up in other peoples messes.

Curious, did you guys have to pit for fuel? I had the car setup for 32 laps.....when the session changed to race I noticed the max fuel dropped to 26 laps?

@Javier Bernedo hey mate, really sorry for giving you a tap in the sharp left hander towards the end of the race.
I waited on the gravel for you, but unfortunately you retired. Really sorry!!

My race was a mess... Quali 6th, in the end 14th...not a good evening.

Again a chaos evening for me.
After getting my new VR Glasses Valve Index, i tested today in the afternoon.
Everything worked fine. The race can come.
I joined the server and what the hell...now sound.
Tried everything, but sound did not come back.
Now i fixed the problem, NVIdia High Definition Audiosound canceld my Index Sound
i am so sorry to take a place away and so angry ecause of this f****** Soundproblem

Greets,
Didi

Again a chaos evening for me.
After getting my new VR Glasses Valve Index, i tested today in the afternoon.
Everything worked fine. The race can come.
I joined the server and what the hell...now sound.
Tried everything, but sound did not come back.
Now i fixed the problem, NVIdia High Definition Audiosound canceld my Index Sound
i am so sorry to take a place away and so angry ecause of this f****** Soundproblem

Greets,
Didi
I have a Rift, but I still keep getting sick. The two laps I can run are awesome though!

Awesome race everyone :thumbsup:
I'm pretty happy with qualifying 2nd and finishing 3rd place on my first online race :D
Very clean overtaking from @Andrew Leach after I made a small mistake.
Then spun it, fell back to 4th but managed to recover 3rd place. Also very clean side by side racing with @balage06.

When's the next race? How do you choose the car/track for races?

Sorry guys for bailing half way, I just got too frustrated with how much the cars handling changes for a race session along with being put into the wall before passing the start-finish line and getting caught up in other peoples messes.

Curious, did you guys have to pit for fuel? I had the car setup for 32 laps.....when the session changed to race I noticed the max fuel dropped to 26 laps?
I ran out of fuel, but it was my numpty error. I fuelled for 30 laps. Enjoyed the race, got bullied on first lap taking me from 7th to 17th :) Got back to 10th, but it was lonely running, just bringing car home. Was hoping to tag on to Ernie (I think it was), but a couple of errors put paid to that. At the end was thinking oh well, 10th isn't too bad, then car died :)

Awesome race everyone :thumbsup:
I'm pretty happy with qualifying 2nd and finishing 3rd place on my first online race :D
Very clean overtaking from @Andrew Leach after I made a small mistake.
Then spun it, fell back to 4th but managed to recover 3rd place. Also very clean side by side racing with @balage06.

Really good race buddy! Couldn't keep up with the pace of @gokartmicke but it was a fun first half of the race. Good clean race from all that I seen. Must remember to check if my mic's muted though

Great race guys, really enjoyed that. :) My two place grid penalty for speeding in the pit lane (after warning everyone to be careful) didn't hurt too much. Had a nice battle for the first half of the race though I'm not sure who it was with... Steam names and forum names don't match. :p It was great until I had a little stutter just as we were right on top of each other, and ended up punting him. :redface: Wasn't too damaging, though afterwards I couldn't seem to keep up the same pace and dropped back from the guys in front. Nice race though, and surprisingly few errors compared to my practice during the week.

I had the same. In practice it said a full tank would do 35 laps, before the race it dropped to 30. That supposedly put me on the borderline of having to pit, but I ended the 40 minutes with fuel to spare. Not sure where the game gets it's estimate from. An average of all laps completed over all previous sessions maybe?

Same bat-time, same bat-channel! (How many are old enough to know where that comes from?) :D In other words, same time next week.

As for how I choose the combo, it depends. Sometimes it's what has been fun in the past, though not with AMS 2 since we've only run two events so far. Other times it's what I've picked up from forums etc as being fan favourites. Sometimes I go for authenticity, like this event... the real Stock Cars race at Curitiba. And sometimes I just get an idea of something that sounds cool in my head, though it doesn't always work out so well in real life. :D

Super V8.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: Super V8
Track: Adelaide

Tuesday 21/07/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (40 minutes)

Super V8 - 30 Slots
  1. Goffik
  2. balage06