RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had it set that high for one particular corner and switched it back to preset two for everything else
Excellent way to use TC! I have enough trouble keeping the car on the track so hadn't really thought of that which makes a lot of sense. I will have to play with that and I know that a lot of racers also change Brake Bias at certain corners although I haven't advanced that far:laugh::notworthy: That is next after I learn to consistently take the right lines!!

Tire wear isn't much of an issue on this race since a full 40 min stint (21 laps) puts the left front at 74% and the others above 80% which is plenty and we also have to change tires so I don't worry too much about that.

I have continued to work with the setup and still using yours as a base I have a new one which I will attach. It is much faster in a straight line so helps in passing. I find it easy to be consistent in also so it is good for a race. Give it a go and tell me how it is for hotlapping. I have been able to be pretty fast in AI races with it and be consistent. I'm sure it could be better but only so much time to work on it and really I can just drive better and pick up more time. Getting the last group of twisties correct after the back straight is what I am concentrating on now. The long sweeper in 3rd after the back straight is an interesting challenge:)

Have fun shopping!

Attachments

• kg-ver_2-dmd_p20.svm
    7.2 KB · Views: 63
@Keith_G
Its a pretty stable setup.
I only lowered the rear wing + upped the brakeforce + lowered the diff(pow/coast) and was able to get into the 1:50-ish.
But I have to admit that I cheated a bit because I took some fuel out:whistling:
[bragging end\]:)

150826-P20.png

I'll apologize in advance....there is one extra chicane tonight. Me. I'll do my best to stay out of the way as I'm really struggling on this track. That right onto the finish straight, I have to rely on the Force to see the apex. And the Force is not strong in me.

Regardless I enjoy the challenge.

@Calvyn White , thanks for the Audi set-up. Not sure it is helping but honestly that's on me. I did find that the back end tended to swap around in the tight corners. I hope you continue sharing your set-ups as I hope to learn from them. Thanks.
Might give @Keith_G set-ups a try when I get home from work.

Is the view from these cars really this piss-poor or is it just because I'm using a single monitor?

Is the view from these cars really this piss-poor or is it just because I'm using a single monitor?

Tough on all but the Audi is far and away the most difficult, and this track/parking lot requires added attention to track awareness. It is improved on triple monitors but only slightly as I found the only way to get around it on a single monitor is move the seat position as close to the windshield as possible with the virtual mirror.

Makes pit stops and drive throughs an adventure. :cry:
Pitstops are allways an adventure in Raceroom (IMO):sneaky:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Except the chicane on the straight my personal oppinion is that this track have some of the best possibilities for checking the drifting qualities/controlled sliding out in Raceroom. I mean if you dont use the brakes but let the car drift out using the throttle (and the coast function) - then its very satisfactory(IMO).;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to get a complex after another game issue affects our club. Not sure but after not able to get R3E running I thought I'd give rF2 a run but it would return to launch screen after initially looking to load. Ok, well AMS hasn't been run in a while I'll try that, no go.

Maybe Steam needed a time out and No racing for you

Well, that was my first race with you American chaps and it was fun. Well done to the podium finishes well done all. :thumbsup: Sorry to the driver that I bumped into Virage du Camp I run out of brakes.
A bit annoyed to hear some people couldn't log on to the server seems to be a common occurrence as of late with raceroom. :O_o: :(
I hope you can all get that situation resolved that's if is anything to do with your end of the situation. Thanks for the racing and I'll be looking forward to the next one if I can make it.

Well, RR finally popped up about an 2 hours later and now that it is 9:30pm (race time 7:00pm) I can get on just fine! (No idea what the problem was, I didn't change anything) Sorry to have missed it as I enjoyed the car and finally came to grips with the track. Sorry you couldn't make it @David DeGreef ! On to next week and hope things work out :) Someone should post a video of the race so that we can see how it turned out.

Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back