Vettel Blames Verstappen for Japanese Grand Prix Clash

You are over the line, not all did learn this, some had to work hard, from young like me.
Now I'am 65, don't work anymore, stop making this stupid remarks, my English is also bad, but are here to talk about F1, Keep it that way!!!!!:mad:
Had to smile a little about that. I agree with your point but you made your point in really well written English, which would never be questioned by anyone here :):thumbsup:

Good old dependable Vettel. Mercedes can always look to him for an easy win. Yipeee!!!
GIFMaker.org_HEeMu7.gif

Last edited:
In all seriousness, something that has happened this year that I didn't expect at all...

I have come to like Sebastian Vettel.

Although he's had a difficult time on track, I think he has conducted himself with great class. He has been honest, funny and really quite relaxed whenever I've seen him / heard him talk.

Next year will be a challenge for him, but as a person I think he's really grown this year.

It was clearly a wrong move from Vettel but I voted racing incident cause I know Max sooner or later would knock Seb off track, or anyone else faster than him!!!

Ferrari won't win anything as long they have Vettel as the number one. Leclerc will bring fresh blood into their system I think. Oh and he'll outclass Seb like DannyRic did in 2014. Totally average driver Seb is.

When we sim race and someone is next to you just like Vettel was then we give them space in the corner. Max just cut him off there. Vettel saw a gap and went for it. I have to defend the move although I'd say it's not the pass you want to try to make on Verstappen. He had to pass the Red Bull that was holding him up to catch the Mercs asap.

When we sim race and someone is next to you just like Vettel was then we give them space in the corner. Max just cut him off there. Vettel saw a gap and went for it. I have to defend the move although I'd say it's not the pass you want to try to make on Verstappen. He had to pass the Red Bull that was holding him up to catch the Mercs asap.

I wouldn't give the space. Because he's not right next to me.

I could care less! The real racers were doing their thing around Bathurst!!!
:O_o:

You know...I keep wondering what makes you (and others like you) think it's okay to come into a Formula 1 thread, in the Formula 1 forum, to make insulting remarks about Formula 1 and its drivers AND promote a non-Formula 1 event? Aside from the fact that you need to be extremely fit and have lightning fast reflexes and judgement to drive an F1 machine at those speeds for 1.5 hours without killing yourself or someone else...what is your point beyond "my sport is better than yours"?

If I like basketball, is it okay to burst in here saying "I could care less! The real athletes were doing their thing in Sacramento!" :O_o:

Come on.

Back on topic: the spoon is a very tricky place to attempt that kind of pass. Seems like Max started his turn into the corner around the same time Seb started his dive-bomb so it's hard to tell who's to blame...but given the nature of that corner, I vote racing incident, leaning a little more towards Seb on blame.

Did you actually watch the video you posted? Try to watch starting at 0:21 in 0.25x speed and you will see that the contact is actually FR wheel to FL wheel. In slow-motion is obvious how Verstappen just tried to close the door, but Vettel was already there and on the kerb, so nowhere to go. And btw, Verstappen can't just take the racing line when another car is there.

But what can you expect from Verstappen, who 5 minutes earlier was saying that Raikkonen should have slowed down and let him back on track :roflmao:
You're partly right. Both their front wheels make contact, but it's the front wheel/rear wheel contact at 0:24 which caused Vettel to spin. We all know (except some Dutch guys of course) that Verstappen is not very well known for his sportsmanlike behavior and is always blaming someone else for his shortcomings. He needs all the hands and feet he's got to defend his position. Some people call that 'masterclass' racing (Tom Coronel). I'm not impressed at all.

Last edited:
Vettel was well alongside before Verstappen committed to the corner, so that wasn't actually a divebomb - Seb caught Max napping there. Max left some room but I'm not sure if that was intentional, I'm not sure he even knew the Ferrari was there until it hit him. If that was all the room he deliberately left then well, let's just say I'm not surprised.

The initial contact was Ferrari front wing to RB front wheel. In times past as long as the passing driver had half a car alongside that was enough to count as track position, I don't know what they do anymore.

That was a stupid move on Vettel's part tbh - the end result was entirely predictable, the only way he'd have got away with it was luck, either Verstappen running wider than he did or seeing him early & letting him through. Neither of those seem terribly likely.

voted racing incident because vettel had covered a lot of space before verstappen turned in, which was ok to do, i guess, since he was still ahead at that point. what i don't get is: wasn't vettel told on radio, verstappen would get a penalty for the earlier move on kimi? did he really think he could catch the mercs? i would have been content with staying behind verstappen or waiting for a better chance and pass him either then or while he was sitting out his penalty. but then again, i was at home and it was early morning while he was in a fast moving race car, so who am i to call the shots?

Vettel was alongside early enough to be allowed a car width and this is the initial contact.
unknown.png

Anyone putting this 100% on Vettel is being funny. Is everyone supposed to go on grass to pass Max? Is that a rule somewhere we don't know about?

Distorted picture, when Max turn is in. What I say Vettel fault 100% there was no space in that corner. Suprise that people call this a race incident. What the hell! If it is... than was China the same race insident. A lot of fan make here with a red glasses.

For me racing incident but considering Max has nothing lose and Vettel is contention for the championship vettel needs to make he's moves more wisely and should have waited for the right moment especially knowing Max will not be easy to pass. So Vettel should take more of the blame

This is the clear difference between Vettel and Lewis ... Wait for the right moment

In all seriousness, something that has happened this year that I didn't expect at all...

I have come to like Sebastian Vettel.

Although he's had a difficult time on track, I think he has conducted himself with great class. He has been honest, funny and really quite relaxed whenever I've seen him / heard him talk.

Next year will be a challenge for him, but as a person I think he's really grown this year.
Now I finally understand you are Vettel fan. That explain everything :cautious::laugh:

Vettel is a pussy. Try in turn one Max push of the track in Silverstone... one to one he is weak no racer.. more a Prost politics.....and no Senna

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back