Vettel Blames Verstappen for Japanese Grand Prix Clash

You know...I keep wondering what makes you (and others like you) think it's okay to come into a Formula 1 thread, in the Formula 1 forum, to make insulting remarks about Formula 1 and its drivers AND promote a non-Formula 1 event? Aside from the fact that you need to be extremely fit and have lightning fast reflexes and judgement to drive an F1 machine at those speeds for 1.5 hours without killing yourself or someone else...what is your point beyond "my sport is better than yours"?

If I like basketball, is it okay to burst in here saying "I could care less! The real athletes were doing their thing in Sacramento!" :O_o:

Come on.
I mean I watched the f1 instead of the end of the bathurst i'd been watching all day (aka I'm an f1 follower not super car follower), but IMO thos supercars are harder to drive... just google super car pole laps of bathurst. You have misinterpreted his comment :p it was in jest not an insult. the supercars go just as fast and have no diffs and a **** tonne of power... the only difference is that the V8 supercars driver do things like redress positions if they broke rules to gain them... and they don't let their ego get them a penalty and another collision :p

I mean I watched the f1 instead of the end of the bathurst i'd been watching all day (aka I'm an f1 follower not super car follower), but IMO thos supercars are harder to drive... just google super car pole laps of bathurst. You have misinterpreted his comment :p it was in jest not an insult. the supercars go just as fast and have no diffs and a **** tonne of power... the only difference is that the V8 supercars driver do things like redress positions if they broke rules to gain them... and they don't let their ego get them a penalty and another collision :p

Misinterpreting a comment would be like:
“I like cars.”
“Why are you hating on boats?!?! Boats not good enough for you?!?!”

I don’t think that’s what happened there. What I interpreted from his comment was “I don’t care who caused that incident in Suzuka...Formula 1 has no real racers or racing; V8 Supercars is better in every way”. You know what expresses that same sentiment without being disrespectful in the thread? Saying nothing.

Also, here’s the difference in my reply: I never discredited/insulted V8 Supercar drivers...in fact I have lots of respect for drivers in any discipline of Motorsport and yes, V8 supercars are very awesome. Bathurst is also very awesome. I wouldn’t jump into NASCAR forums saying something like “stop turning left all day long...F1 takes real skill!” (please note: that is FAR from my view of NASCAR or any oval racing series)...because it’s rude. You wouldn’t do that to a group of people talking in real life, but hey...dem internetz be wilding out.

I just don’t get why every F1 weekend we have to hear the usual “F1 has sucked for years, it’s not like (insert childhood era of F1 here)...go watch (insert current favorite Motorsport here) instead” in the Formula 1 forum. What happened to the golden rule?

All I’m saying is: instead of hating on someone else’s choice of Motorsport, maybe one should start a thread about the joys of your favorite series in Motorsport (assuming there’s not a dedicated forum at RD to it already)...chances are I’ll read it, as I’m always interested to hear about other racing series. :)

Awesome video btw...I’m scared to push that hard at Bathurst in a sim, he’s a maniac doing that in real life...an awesome maniac nonetheless :D

This poll is about number 1 on your list ;)

Yes. but your response was about like/dislike of Verstappen, which is also not part of the poll. That is why I gave you a number of statements in example which have nothing to do with the poll either.

I apologize if this is too hard for you to understand and I really did not want make you look stupid...and if you do, I am sorry about that.;)

Yes. but your response was about like/dislike of Verstappen, which is also not part of the poll. That is why I gave you a number of statements in example which have nothing to do with the poll either.

I apologize if this is too hard for you to understand and I really did not want make you look stupid...and if you do, I am sorry about that.;)

Dont worry! :thumbsup:;)

I thought these stories were original authors and why they get all the thumbs up but I recently realized these are just taken from F1 site word for word ?

Give the job to someone cares, more important can write their own words, no offence meant

I also sad you need to give away spoilers ie: Picture of Max and Seb basically told you neither won

Yeah Vettels a 4x Champion but he won those 4 inCars that had no competition.
Just like Hamilton right now in his Mercedes and Schumacher in the Ferrari in his days. The first driver has yet to be born who manage to do it in a midfield/backmarker car, so actually you're making a poor statement.
Now hes got competition, Vettels showing hes weak under pressure.
Verstappen already starts to panic as soon as an opponent only threatens to overtake him (Bottas on Monza). Surely Vettel's made some mistakes, but Ferrari's tactics are also to blame. If Ferrari didn't sent him out to Q on intermediates, he would've Q'ed much better than P8.

Last edited:
Strange he can't do anything well in your opinion?
Because he can't do it clean; that's what's annoying me.
Somehow he always has to make/provoke contact. FYI: it's a non-contact sport.
Not to mention this post. That's why I'm overall not impressed.
The total picture actually shows what a poor driver he is.

Last edited:
20 podium places at age 21, so bad can't he be. Don't forgot Ham did'nt drive F1 at that age. Offcourse he did stupid moves, but also did great things. I'am sure he will get there, with ups and downs. If redbull did have an equal car like Merc and Ferrari, he did have that battle hard. Peace my frind, whe bought like racing!:thumbsup:

Let's see what happens. So far he's too controversial on my behalf and it might cost him dearly in the future when his seat is at stake. I mean not only his driving, but also his statements in the press. (especially towards Renault)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%