Vettel Blames Verstappen for Japanese Grand Prix Clash

There was enough room and Vettel was already alongside, but Vettel's front right wheel and Verstappen's rear left wheel hooked into each other causing Vettel to spin. Racing incident.
(@ 0:24)

Last edited:
Up to Amerika ... there you have corners... that you can cut off during practise and qualification. No one blame from the FIA. Only they dont except in the race. can you remember Max and Raikonnen.

I don't remember anybody cutting that corner in practise or quali.

I remember Max gaining an advantage by exceeding track limits when overtaking Raikkonen during the race.

If you have any evidence of drivers cutting that corner in qualifying I'd be interested to see it.

I rather suspect your orange tinted memory is playing tricks on you.

Up to Amerika ... there you have corners... that you can cut off during practise and qualification. No one blame from the FIA. Only they dont except in the race. can you remember Max and Raikonnen.

Well I found the pole lap, and in that case he certainly was nowhere near cutting the corner that Verstappen cut on the last lap. And I'd be very surprised if anybody else cut it either.

Verstappen cut it during the race and gained an advantage in doing so, so he had to give the place back.

Everything as it should be.

Well I found the pole lap, and in that case he certainly was nowhere near cutting the corner that Verstappen cut on the last lap. And I'd be very surprised if anybody else cut it either.

Verstappen cut it during the race and gained an advantage in doing so, so he had to give the place back.

Everything as it should be.

wait and see with your red glasses ;)

Okay. To make this clear..
Today: They collide, Sebastian divebombs Max. Max can continue, Sebastian spins and can start from the back. Nobody gets a penalty.

China: They collide. Max divebombs Sebastian. They both spin. Max gets a penalty.

The reason why Sebastian doesn't get a penalty, is because he didn't F'ed up Max's race, because he was able to continue.

Max got a penalty in China, because he F'ed up Sebastians race, whilst spinning as well.

There is a BIG difference in both accidents.

I'm really starting to doubt your capacity to compare such sort of things.

@ears: Sorry.. Got lured again, I'm a bad example.. :D
The penalty should be given based on whether it was a bad move which caused a collision regardless of whether the other drivers race was badly effected. Whether a penalty is give should not be soley dependant on the other persons race afterwards.

I hope Dutch people here (like me) don’t start ‘fighting’ each other.:confused: We have to work together here to defend our beloved Max! :D So, please lets get back on topic...

Last edited:
With the standings as they are and Hamilton running the way he is, Vettel might as well take a "win it or bin it" mentality.

A very over optimistic move on Vettels part, but I understand why he felt compelled to try anyways.

Vettel was alongside early enough to be allowed a car width and this is the initial contact.
unknown.png

Anyone putting this 100% on Vettel is being funny. Is everyone supposed to go on grass to pass Max? Is that a rule somewhere we don't know about?

There was enough room and Vettel was already alongside, but Vettel's front right wheel and Verstappen's rear left wheel hooked into each other causing Vettel to spin. Racing incident.
(@ 0:24)
Did you actually watch the video you posted? Try to watch starting at 0:21 in 0.25x speed and you will see that the contact is actually FR wheel to FL wheel. In slow-motion is obvious how Verstappen just tried to close the door, but Vettel was already there and on the kerb, so nowhere to go. And btw, Verstappen can't just take the racing line when another car is there.

But what can you expect from Verstappen, who 5 minutes earlier was saying that Raikkonen should have slowed down and let him back on track :roflmao:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 182

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back