Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I ran into an issue today after installing SOL. Every time I load for example Nürbugring or Red Bull Ring ac crashes with an "unexpected error" after about 5-10 sec. I tried to downgrade from 1.61 to 1.52 and back to 1.46 and reinstalling SOL completely. I followed every step from manual install guide and also tried the automatic installation via CM. The first track I tried after installing was Monza and there I had zero issues.
You could try, if this is a Sol/weatherFX problem, by deactivating weatherFX:
1592727696134.png

If the problem persists, look here and activate automatic download of track configs:
1592727785345.png

Hey guys. I installed SOL 1.5.1, CSP 1.6 and the New Horizon Shaders 1.1.
I don't know why but it didn't look like the pictures so I set SOL to defaults at page 18 and it all became VERY washed out or overexposed like in this image. It's the benchmark.
How can I fix this?
If it looks normal/ok with "__Sol" or "__Sol_Extra" filter, this is not part of a Sol problem. Maybe it happend by switching filters ingame. Does it looks normal, when setting the filter in CM?
Otherwise its part of the filter creator not me....

Spot something wrong on Macau 1.1 (made by Sector3, AC Track Reboot Project & OSWR). The road has no reflection. Tested with CSP 0.1.61 and 0.1.46. Don't know if the track is badly designed but a youtuber didn't have the issue.
View attachment 383172
For me that track is broken also, the road surface is pink
I got the pink road on 0.9 version. It's all black in the "1.1 fixed by OSWR".
This is not part of a Sol problem. Please let this support page clean for Sol problems. On CSP's Discord server -> config chat, the problem can be fixed much better:

You could try, if this is a Sol/weatherFX problem, by deactivating weatherFX:
View attachment 383224

If the problem persists, look here and activate automatic download of track configs:
View attachment 383225

Ok nvmd I found that SOL wasn't the cause, not even CSP was. Technically one of the apps I used threw exceptions and the python error handling from CSP caused the crashes cuz of the broken app.
I really appreciate your work with Sol and your fast response. Thank you!

Surely this has been asked before, but I was unable to find a solution:

How can i disable the cockpit lights (f.e. purple color in the cockpit when turning on the headlights or blue in other cars)?

I would prefer to not have these or to be able to adjust them. "Disable dashboard light" in Lighting FX seems to do nothing. if i disable Lighting FX completely its gone, but also all the other lights...

Thanks!

Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

Sol 1.5.4 + 1.6 (new sky)

Sol is being further developed with a new sky environment. With this, there are just procedural generated clouds. Sol 1.5.x marks the state, where 2d clouds an a modified base of 3d clouds are used. So i decided to split the releases into Sol 1.5.x, a final version and the beginning of a new sky development - Sol 1.6 and higher.

With this release, you can switch those two branches easily in CSP/weatherFX. So please read the guide to install it correctly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello Peter,
Thanks a lot for your outstanding work. With CSP, Sol recreates this game.
Do these new versions 1.5.4 or 1.6 allow us to activate sol even if the server doesn't have sol?

Last edited:
If anyone has problems with selecting the 2 Sol versions in weatherFX, please delete the "weatherFX.ini" in /extension/config and reinstall CSP in settings - custom Shader patch - about & update.

hi,
I've got an issue with the wipers on cars. They won't do anything when there is rain or snow. I'm not sure if it's a problem with CSP or Sol.
There are 2 reasons. It's a mod, with no wiper support or it's set "manually" in Sol_weather_plan app.
Maybe update the "car config file" in CM settings - custom Shader patch - car configs. Set them to "automatic download".

I've just read in the reviews a bettering in the fps perfomance - noticed a dip with the different shader patch versions with SOL 1.5 - to a point where I switched to default kunos settings and I got my 90fps (VR) back (field of around 14-16 depending on track)
Usually with SOL I always got better performance than default, so I hope 1.6 SOL is back up to it's old best!
Thanks for all your hard work @Peter Boese

Is wet track surface part of the weather selection of rain or heavy rain.
or is that part of some other mod.
I have never been able to get a handle on how to implement that.

If anyone has problems with selecting the 2 Sol versions in weatherFX, please delete the "weatherFX.ini" in /extension/config and reinstall CSP in settings - custom Shader patch - about & update.
Thank you for that fix Peter...I was having that issue and was getting frustrated trying to find that "choice option" on the CSP, weather FX screen after several install cycles. May be a good idea to add that to your install instructions.
Absolutely incredible evolution of your amazing creation. I headed out for some practice laps at SPA in the 2017 RSR Porsche and just as I pulled out of the pits I jumped in my rig when a huge lightening bolt and crashing thunder assaulted my headphones! WOW!

newest version seems pretty neat. Is it just placebo or did something change about the reflections? Appear more life like to me.
Screenshot_pagani_zonda_r_accakuts_acr_airport_24-5-120-22-12-40.jpg

(on the cars obv. Track is nowhere near finished or setup correct)

Thanks for the Update. May someone interested in. CM found an error:

Code:
Can't run weather script - attempt to call a nil value
Exception at extension/weather/sol/sol_basics.lua(160,4-90): attempt to call a nil value

newest version seems pretty neat. Is it just placebo or did something change about the reflections? Appear more life like to me.
View attachment 384010
(on the cars obv. Track is nowhere near finished or setup correct)
There is a CSP issue with too bright clouds in reflections with Sol 1.5.x. So I changed the cloud drawing with Sol 1.6 to avoid the too strong cloud reflections. That's why it looked much better now.

Is wet track surface part of the weather selection of rain or heavy rain.
or is that part of some other mod.
I have never been able to get a handle on how to implement that.
I had to use Wet Mod because the track surface never changed despite it raining on SOL. Wet Mod adds a wet version of each track and then you can activate rain with SOL

Thanks for the Update. May someone interested in. CM found an error:

Code:
Can't run weather script - attempt to call a nil value
Exception at extension/weather/sol/sol_basics.lua(160,4-90): attempt to call a nil value
Just ignore that error. Atm I'm trying to find, why the hell this happens. It does not interfer while Sol is running, so it must happen while CSP starts or while CSP ends. It's no critical bug....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.