Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's just a picture released by the Nasa. It has some colors in it, but it needs an editing for more contrast. Just look at /extension /weather/sol/space. If there is an 8k picture, this will be used prior to the 4k variant.
Yes there is the 8k variant. Is there any setting I need to adjust to make it working or it do it automatically?

Hi, incredible mod! I

I have the this issue:

In some replays I can change hour of day and take pictures at night, dusk etc. But in the majority of them I can't change the hour. I press in the SOL app and I can see the hour changing there but no effect in the replay, it stays the same.

Is this normal or can be fixed?

Hey Peter, i've put off installing CSP and SOL up until now, but im glad I made the jump, its a great addition. One thing I saw was that at night the tracks go almost totally dark like there is no light whatsoever. I'd have thought there would be a touch more ambient light, perhaps from the moon or etc?

Hey Peter, i've put off installing CSP and SOL up until now, but im glad I made the jump, its a great addition. One thing I saw was that at night the tracks go almost totally dark like there is no light whatsoever. I'd have thought there would be a touch more ambient light, perhaps from the moon or etc?
There are many ways to do this. First there are the light config for the tracks. Those will bring lights to the tracks. Second, the moon casts light and lit the scene. The lit depends on the moon phase.
Third there is night light pollution, what is usually preset by the tracks light config, its able to bypass this in sol_config page 9.
Fourth, you can set an artificial ambient light via "night__brightness_adjust" - sol_config page 8, there is also a multiplier for the moonlight.

There are many ways to do this. First there are the light config for the tracks. Those will bring lights to the tracks. Second, the moon casts light and lit the scene. The lit depends on the moon phase.
Third there is night light pollution, what is usually preset by the tracks light config, its able to bypass this in sol_config page 9.
Fourth, you can set an artificial ambient light via "night__brightness_adjust" - sol_config page 8, there is also a multiplier for the moonlight.

Thanks Peter. Couple of questions;

I dont ever seem to see a moon appear at night?

Is there any way to prevent the clouds popping in and out during what I presume are weather transitions?

Any sollution for watching 24h replays (with time multiplier x30)? Right now the time doesn't keep up with x30 and we can only see the whole race at daylight only. Thanks

Hello everyone. I've only just started with Assetto Corsa (and Race Department) so my apologies if I'm bringing up something that's already been discussed to death and also if it's an issue unrelated to Sol.

I've added Sol and the Texture Colour Corrections Pack along with Content Manager and the Custom Shaders Patch to my Assetto Corsa install. I'm loving the differences these make to the vanilla experience.

I'm having an issue with the rain audio whilst driving. At certain points in a track the rain audio seems to abruptly change from one to another. One minute I can hear the rain on the metallic roof interior, the next it sounds more "splashy" for want of a better description. To me, it sounds like it's jumping between what the rain should sound like from an internal view to/from what it should sound like from an external car view, or maybe the mixing of different audio tracks isn't blending as it should? If I stick to an external view of the car, the audio doesn't seem to abrubtly jump around at all, it seems to be just the internal views.

It's very specific too. I can stop the car and reverse back to same point on the track and the audio swaps back again.

Is there anything I can do settings-wise to alter this? I've tried adjusting the 'New Sounds Audio' in the Track Adjustments settings of the Custom Shaders Patch but it doesn't seem to help.

Last edited:
First of all, i have to say that this mod is mind blowing! Just a question though in the manual under preferred setting for sol 1.5 at page 10 under the "graphic adjustments" segment, the post-processing antialiasing mode it is disabled. In game lightning and colors are amazing as supposed to be , but near sand areas in some corners the sand looks weird and i think that this is because this option is disabled. It is not a big deal of course and it does not effect the immersion much, but is little annoying. Can i enable this option and choose an antialiasing mode or this will break/disable some Sol features? Also aftrer instaling Sol i see some flickering in the distance, is there a way to reduce it? I am new to the community and very noob so i am sorry if this has already been answered.

Attachments

• Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    919.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Sol is of course fantastic and thanks for all the hard work. I am relatively new to all of this and am pretty blown away by the passion and dedication of so many folks towards AC and sim racing in general.
I have an issue though. Has anyone ever come across this? A kind of burned in image of the sunset appearing, usually shortly after the sun has gone past the horizon and it's almost fully night. It seems to be related to Sol or CSP, or both. Not ideal at all. Tried several different CSP versions but still happening. Would be grateful for suggestions if anyone has any. Many thanks. Sorry if this has been answered previously somewhere, but if it has, I haven't been able to find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_gt3_jaguar_xkr_gt3_willow_springs_1-6-120-15-41-56.jpg
    Screenshot_gt3_jaguar_xkr_gt3_willow_springs_1-6-120-15-41-56.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 102
Sol is of course fantastic and thanks for all the hard work. I am relatively new to all of this and am pretty blown away by the passion and dedication of so many folks towards AC and sim racing in general.
I have an issue though. Has anyone ever come across this? A kind of burned in image of the sunset appearing, usually shortly after the sun has gone past the horizon and it's almost fully night. It seems to be related to Sol or CSP, or both. Not ideal at all. Tried several different CSP versions but still happening. Would be grateful for suggestions if anyone has any. Many thanks. Sorry if this has been answered previously somewhere, but if it has, I haven't been able to find it.
Its an old bug. Just update Sol to the last version. It's related to a wrong set ppfilter parameter. If you update Sol, it will be corrected...

Its an old bug. Just update Sol to the last version. It's related to a wrong set ppfilter parameter. If you update Sol, it will be corrected...

Oh god, I can't believe I missed that. I felt sure I was running the latest version of Sol but turns out I wasn't! All sorted now. Thanks so much! Love your work!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%