Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
how can i completely uninstall the sol mod, installed and slowed down my game can someone help me?
There is an uninstall.bat here on Discord:

Copy it to your AC roots folder and run it, maybe you have to run it as Administrator.
Then you should switch to default implementation in weatherFX or switch off weatherFX:
1592258877787.png

Please, someone can help me to solve the issue I posted above?

I found out the tires have that color only on the Tatuus, not on other cars.

Any ideas to solve it?
Not related to Sol, maybe you find something on CSP's Discord Server:

hello.having a weird fps drop problem; i am on sol 1.4 and csp 1.46 i use vsync on a plasma tv with fps locked at 60 and its butter smooth

but as soon as i am making a mistake and go off track even slightly then fps drops to like 45fps

any idea what could be the problem?

ps hardware is ryzen5 OCed and VEGA64 LC so pretty decent to push high fps i am at 140fps in 1080p in game benchmark

hello.having a weird fps drop problem; i am on sol 1.4 and csp 1.46 i use vsync on a plasma tv with fps locked at 60 and its butter smooth

but as soon as i am making a mistake and go off track even slightly then fps drops to like 45fps

any idea what could be the problem?

ps hardware is ryzen5 OCed and VEGA64 LC so pretty decent to push high fps i am at 140fps in 1080p in game benchmark
First of all, install Sol 1.5. I've done many optimization with it. Second if you go off, "smoke" is generated. So you have to look there. This is out of Sol's range. But you could degreases smoke Generation. The recommended value for this is minimum, was so already in Vanilla AC times. And just look in CSP settings particlesFX tab, if new smoke is activated.

thanks so much peter. but it didnt work. I deactivated SOL and still had issues with fps massive drops then went extreme and deactivated CSP then all is back to normal smooth rendering in any scenarios. on my triple screen set up .

so culprit is CSP, its settings as I have them or something to do with AMD drivers and Eyefinity maybe.I will try again later on on my TV in single screen mode and by disabling Eyefinity to see what it does

but yes its a shame if I have to get rid of CSP, and your MOD then altogether to get back to a smooth experience in AC

thanks so much peter. but it didnt work. I deactivated SOL and still had issues with fps massive drops then went extreme and deactivated CSP then all is back to normal smooth rendering in any scenarios. on my triple screen set up .

so culprit is CSP, its settings as I have them or something to do with AMD drivers and Eyefinity maybe.I will try again later on on my TV in single screen mode and by disabling Eyefinity to see what it does

but yes its a shame if I have to get rid of CSP, and your MOD then altogether to get back to a smooth experience in AC
I think it's layed down in a setting. Actually the drop is lower with CSP than with Vanilla AC, when smoke happens on my side.

I ran into an issue today after installing SOL. Every time I load for example Nürbugring or Red Bull Ring ac crashes with an "unexpected error" after about 5-10 sec. I tried to downgrade from 1.61 to 1.52 and back to 1.46 and reinstalling SOL completely. I followed every step from manual install guide and also tried the automatic installation via CM. The first track I tried after installing was Monza and there I had zero issues.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I installed SOL 1.5.1, CSP 1.6 and the New Horizon Shaders 1.1.
I don't know why but it didn't look like the pictures so I set SOL to defaults at page 18 and it all became VERY washed out or overexposed like in this image. It's the benchmark.
How can I fix this?

Attachments

• washedout.jpg
    washedout.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Spot something wrong on Macau 1.1 (made by Sector3, AC Track Reboot Project & OSWR). The road has no reflection. Tested with CSP 0.1.61 and 0.1.46. Don't know if the track is badly designed but a youtuber didn't have the issue.
20200621013101_1.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's layed down in a setting. Actually the drop is lower with CSP than with Vanilla AC, when smoke happens on my side.
thanks again. i dont want to bother you and this discussion. smoke deactivated the problem is still there.i tried in single screen mode and fps inconsistent occurs as well so its not eyefinity.
its either me moving to latest radeon drivers not liking CSP or a CSP setting as you are suggesting.
sorry again pointing at SOL for my issue

since its daytime over here in Japan, I did some more troubleshooting and I found the culprits

4 screens are driven by the VEGA 64 in eyefinity mode for the 3 monitors and just the TV in 2nd screen only mode.

for my Triple screen set-up (5760x1080 @75Hz), if I untick fullscreen in CM then these fps drops while going off track are gone.My freesync seems still working as I have fps reporting on my center monitor OSD but I am not sure if AC Vsync is still active when the game is not in fullscreen mode.I seem to see some slight tearing but I could live with that

for my single screen TV plasma 720p, I realized I had activated VSR in Radeon control panel so I can have access to 1440p. it doesn't matter if fullscreen is ON or not, I was getting the massive fps drops in that resolution. What works in this set-up is to upscale the TV only to 1080p and the problem is gone.doesnt look as pretty but again, its back to butter smooth racing even with everything maxed out in CM

again sorry for bothering this discussion, it may be a very unique 2 setups I am running so I doubt anybody would have experienced the same but just in case.

And thanks again peter for trying to help and obviously for the great SOL addition you brought to AC

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea