Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am curious what the various SOL PP filters included with SOL 1.4 do. I'm sure its been discussed, but I wasn't able to find it in a search. Especially interested in _SOL_VR filter. I have tried it with my Rift S and my old eyes didn't notice a change from the normal _SOL filter.

Hello, I've tried Sol 1.4. It's awesome, but now the FPS is dropping quite a lot, up to 15 FPS on average. I'm playing AC on a medium performance laptop, Intel CPU + AMD GPU by the way, so every FPS counts.

With previous version of Sol (1.3) and CSP version 0.1.25 preview 49, I managed to get 28 FPS on average. However, since I upgraded to Sol 1.4, which requires CSP 0.1.36, the FPS drop massively. Sometimes as low as 12 FPS (on average).

Downgrading CSP back to 0.1.25 preview 49 could bring the FPS to 21 on average. But the colors are all out of place, instead of blue sky, now I'm seeing a magenta sky. So I have no choice but to use CSP 0.1.36 again since I want to use Sol 1.4. I started to look at CSP configuration, deselecting those options that might improve FPS and going through lots of benchmarking, and now I get 24 FPS on average. Still not as high as before, but it's an improvement.

My question is, why did you use CSP 0.1.36 while it is clearly marked as 'Untested' in CM, instead of sticking to the recommended version?

• Deleted member 197115

I am curious what the various SOL PP filters included with SOL 1.4 do. I'm sure its been discussed, but I wasn't able to find it in a search. Especially interested in _SOL_VR filter. I have tried it with my Rift S and my old eyes didn't notice a change from the normal _SOL filter.
You want SOL_Extra

Hello, I've tried Sol 1.4. It's awesome, but now the FPS is dropping quite a lot, up to 15 FPS on average. I'm playing AC on a medium performance laptop, Intel CPU + AMD GPU by the way, so every FPS counts.

With previous version of Sol (1.3) and CSP version 0.1.25 preview 49, I managed to get 28 FPS on average. However, since I upgraded to Sol 1.4, which requires CSP 0.1.36, the FPS drop massively. Sometimes as low as 12 FPS (on average).

Downgrading CSP back to 0.1.25 preview 49 could bring the FPS to 21 on average. But the colors are all out of place, instead of blue sky, now I'm seeing a magenta sky. So I have no choice but to use CSP 0.1.36 again since I want to use Sol 1.4. I started to look at CSP configuration, deselecting those options that might improve FPS and going through lots of benchmarking, and now I get 24 FPS on average. Still not as high as before, but it's an improvement.

My question is, why did you use CSP 0.1.36 while it is clearly marked as 'Untested' in CM, instead of sticking to the recommended version?
Sol 1.3 already needed CSP version 1.25.183. CSP and Sol are in a constant development. So from time to time i integrate new functions of CSP in Sol, thats why i need a minimum version. CSP 1.36 could easily have the mark "recommended", but its not done yet. There are many processes to lead to this mark. Maybe Ilja, the developer, had not the time for it to proof it or he doesn't get enough input on that yet. You can switch of many moduls of CSP to achieve more FPS, like "grassFX", "smart mirror" and "extraFX".

@Taufik P Sol has nothing to do with your fps drops. Go to csp/extra fx/extension:active - disable
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/custom-shaders-patch-0-1-30-0-1-35-fps-issues.176692/

CSP Extra FX defaults to disabled when I updated CSP to 0.1.36. And I am not interested to turn it on when I looked at its features. So, no, that is not the problem. I'm also suspecting that Sol 1.4 is not the source of the problem, but I don't know. I guess only Ilja who can answer this for sure.

Peter mentioned all of the fps killer modules in previous post. You can start from there or just ask Ilja.

Yes, that's true. I also have done my homework before posting here. I've written in my post that I've managed to get 24 FPS (avg) after I turned off all fps-hogging effects in CSP. That's why I also guessed that Sol 1.4 might not be the source of this problem. :)

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a feature, but in Sol config, page 15, if you change the fog values and then try to reset everything to the original values (page 17), these fog values do not return to their initial values

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just a feature, but in Sol config, page 15, if you change the fog values and then try to reset everything to the original values (page 17), these fog values do not return to their initial values
Because this are track related values. It's stored for every single track. If you choose another track, this values will change. That's why they are called track adaption...

Not sure if this should be asked here or in a CSP forum because i'm new to this stuff and I don't know which mod determines this. If it should be somewhere else, just say so and i'll try to find another forum to post this in.

Does anyone know which setting determines the width that headlights and tail lights illuminate surroundings? I'm noticing that the car lights project very wide and i'd like to narrow the effect if I can.

While i'm at it, I might as well ask this as well. How can I donate something to the Sol developers? I already donated to CM, but would like to throw some money to the Sol developers as well because like the CM guys, I think they deserve it. This mod and CM have made AC so much more enjoyable for me even in the short time I've been playing it.

Thanks for any help on either question....

EDIT: Nevermind the second question. I just noticed the Paypal button on the mod info page. Did not see it when I went there to download the mod originally.

Not sure if this should be asked here or in a CSP forum because i'm new to this stuff and I don't know which mod determines this. If it should be somewhere else, just say so and i'll try to find another forum to post this in.

Does anyone know which setting determines the width that headlights and tail lights illuminate surroundings? I'm noticing that the car lights project very wide and i'd like to narrow the effect if I can.

While i'm at it, I might as well ask this as well. How can I donate something to the Sol developers? I already donated to CM, but would like to throw some money to the Sol developers as well because like the CM guys, I think they deserve it. This mod and CM have made AC so much more enjoyable for me even in the short time I've been playing it.

Thanks for any help on either question....

EDIT: Nevermind the second question. I just noticed the Paypal button on the mod info page. Did not see it when I went there to download the mod originally.
CM/Settings/CSP/LightingFX/Multiplier for headlights widness. But I think it only works for the headlights. Not for brake lights.

Not sure if this is Sol related but since RC2 and now with 1.4 final release I have no more smoke - regular and new smoke are both gone. Is this related to the Particles slider in the Sol Weather App ingame?
There was no change since Sol 1.2 or so. So I think it is related to CSP's new smoke particles effects. Now the smoke needs a heat phase and it appears if the tyre is hot enough. But you can try to switch of the new dusk/smoke in CM>settings >custom Shader patch >particlesFX

It would seem as more and more features are incorporated, the FPS will drop, thats only natural, so at some point upgrading to newer versions will only start to hurt your performance..
If you have the PC "horsepower" thats not an issue but I had written an earlier post asking about this very issue and didn't get a response.
So for PC's not cutting edge or not up the latest standards, upgrading to the latest version, may not be the best thing. Even considering that, any version still improves the look of AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back