Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
the "sol_weather" app ingame should tell you

or first line in
assettocorsa\extension\weather-controllers\sol\controller.lua or
assettocorsa\extension\weather\sol\weather.lua

it was mentioned earlier on page 155

Cheers I must have missed that I'm still on sol 1.2.3

I have done everything like in the guide, but still the game colors looks like winter, dont know what im doing wrong, reinstalled track configs and vao.Sorry, im new to the game.
I had similar issue. Have you removed files from your Common & Loaded files within Assetto Corsa Folder, as per Peter's Guide? Otherwise you may get washed out, almost winter-like graphics.

Copied from Peter's Guide ;

"4.2. Remove the files from your /extension/config/track folder!
Only remove files! The 2 folders “common” and “loaded” are needed!"

My suggestion would be to copy and back up these file just in case. Best of luck.

Just a little hint:

If headlights of some cars are to weak or their distance is too short, just open sol_weather app. There you can adjust it:
A3uzi9K.png

I have the following question. When saving a race, shouldn't the race date be saved? I say this because when I play a repetition the date that appears in the weather app is that of the last race and not that of the saved race. Therefore, the light conditions are not the same as the original race. Or is there any configuration that controls this? I am currently in Sol 1.4 and CSP 0.1.36, but the same thing happened to me with Sol 1.31 and CSP 1.25 preview 185. I appreciate any help.

Hi, would like a pointer in the right direction please. I like to use my own weather plane & had no problem setting it with Sol 1.31, but with 1.4 I set the dynamic weather plan to 'true' & save. My problem is that it's ok for one race but resets after that, can't see what i'm missing so any help to make this save permanent would be awesome. Thanks Peter for this fantastic mod.

Thanks for a great mod. I updated csp and installed sol 1.4 as per manual. I was going to try simple pp off but I dont have this option in the weatherfx tab I only have sol and basic(not ready yet)

I guess I've done something wrong?

I have this problem on Laguna _seca track. The black area at the back of pic plus blue area under it. Can this be fixed?

The pic above refers to it (yes I am hopeless at inserting things properly :confused:).

Thanks Peter for quick response. But I has already done steps as stated in your your guide 4.1. I have manually reinstalled this track. However it remains the same, ie. the black area still remains. If I cant get rid of it, I am not too worried.
Are there any files in /extension/config/tracks, there should be only 2 folders...

Are there any files in /extension/config/tracks, there should be only 2 folders...
Yes, as per your instruction I removed files within both folders (common and loaded). Now there are 2 Laguna files within loaded folder after following your instructions ;
"If you got problems when using a track, e.g. there are changing colors – Just try to reinstall
manually: (right mouse click on the track)".

I deleted them and retried. Then reinstalled (as above). However, still the same problem.

FYI....when i had similar problems in V1.3, the above instruction worked. Not this time though.

Edit: However there are other track files in /extension/config/tracks, but not in the common and loaded folders (apart from explained above).

Yes, as per your instruction I removed files within both folders (common and loaded). Now there are 2 Laguna files within loaded folder after following your instructions ;
"If you got problems when using a track, e.g. there are changing colors – Just try to reinstall

I deleted them and retried. Then reinstalled (as above). However, still the same problem.

FYI....when i had similar problems in V1.3, the above instruction worked. Not this time though.

Edit: However there are other track files in /extension/config/tracks, but not in the common and loaded folders (apart from explained above).

Dreamer, you have done the exact opposite of what is instructed.

Do not touch the common and the loaded folders, or the files inside there. Only delete the files directly inside /extension/config/tracks. You should download the configs again from CM as instructed in the manual.

(Chapter 4.1)

I had the same problem at Monza. Did reinstall all the VAOs and Track Configs and nothing worked. After some time troubleshooting, I've reinstalled CSP and the issue was solved.

On my computer, one folder for rendering stuff (I think it was \extension\config\tracks\common\) was missing. If you run the game without CSP, the horizon will render without problem.

EDIT: Glad you fixed it. :)

Last edited:
Dreamer, you have done the exact opposite of what is instructed.

Do not touch the common and the loaded folders, or the files inside there. Only delete the files directly inside /extension/config/tracks. You should download the configs again from CM as instructed in the manual.

(Chapter 4.1)
Damn!!! Your right (red face here). Luckily I backed up the orignal folders. I was worried about winter looking effects, which I have now turned off weather in respective graphic headings. All good. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Forum trophies