Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Peter Boese the car´s headlights are better visible once "CSP lights controlled by SOL" is deactivated, correct? Would you recommend to leave this option ON in SOL config or not?
This is forced by the PPFilter/custom config of many _Sol filters. There a custom control of the lights brightness is done to match the ppfilter. If this is set to off, you will see lights reflection on the ground at day, which is pretty much unrealistic. So I would leave it activated and use an enhanced ppfilter like _Sol_Extra or _Sol_HC.

Thanks for your answer. I preferably use the A3PP_SOL_AE filter which gives a very realistic tone. The problem is that racing the green hell at dusk or bad weather you won´t see the road when approaching the Fuchsröhre f.i. So it is better to leave this at OFF in my opinion.

Just a little hint:

If headlights of some cars are to weak or their distance is too short, just open sol_weather app. There you can adjust it:
A3uzi9K.png
Does this work in VR?

Not sure if this needs to be fixed or if its just me that dont know how to change things:

The Porsche 918 spyder seem to not change brightness of the lights (just warmness) when playing at night in rain. They seem to always be ON too, even though (from the outside) it looks like they are changing.

The Singer Porsches wing looks really weird with real mirror turned ON. Just some black bar and the roof. Probably not a SOL problem, but maybe you know how to fix this?

When selecting snow - it still seem to be rain. Are there snow simulation?

With the standard SOL setting I feel a lite bit of yellow tint in the image, but going with SOL ACC things looks better, maybe a bit too hard contrast. What does the different settings stand for? Using standard white balance on my monitor.

Any other settings you racers want to share to make this looks as gorgeous as it is? =)

It would also be great if there was some sort of script to run to set the recommended settings in SOL 1.4, if you mess things up. But it might be easy to restore (to before SOL installation) and to restore SOL recommendated settings.

Btw , how did you find that colour correction that was recommended to download in the SOL instructions? Im not sure I saw such a big diff, but maybe you have too see the tracks with and without, side by side to see the diff...

Thanks for your answer. I preferably use the A3PP_SOL_AE filter which gives a very realistic tone. The problem is that racing the green hell at dusk or bad weather you won´t see the road when approaching the Fuchsröhre f.i. So it is better to leave this at OFF in my opinion.

Is that a filter that came with SOL 1.4 ? Would you recommend it over the filters that came with SOL? ? =)

Hello,
Installed as per instructions everything seems to be working however the steet lights and some flood lights around the tracks are on even in the day time. They were not like this in the previous version any suggestions on how to resolve it? Thank you
Regards
Scott

Hello,
Installed as per instructions everything seems to be working however the steet lights and some flood lights around the tracks are on even in the day time. They were not like this in the previous version any suggestions on how to resolve it? Thank you
Regards
Scott
Have you tried other PPFilters like __SOl_ACC or __Sol_Extra or __SOl_HC?

Thank you Peter that has resolved the issue. I have another question about the new smoke and dust? When the box is ticked no smoke seems to come of the tyres, on unchecking the box i do get smoke off the tyres. Is this how it should work?
Regards
Scott

... the new smoke and dust? When the box is ticked no smoke seems to come of the tyres, on unchecking the box i do get smoke off the tyres. Is this how it should work?...
Hi! Sorry for hijack your post, but I have been asking the same question for months.
It would be nice to make it work properly, as far as I could see in some screenshots, the result is fantastic (no surprise, when we talk about something related to SOL, CM and CSP).
Let's hope for some guidance.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Thank you Peter that has resolved the issue. I have another question about the new smoke and dust? When the box is ticked no smoke seems to come of the tyres, on unchecking the box i do get smoke off the tyres. Is this how it should work?
Regards
Scott
No. The new smoke just takes its time. The people have done it right now. So only if the Tyre is hot enough, smoke will appear. I think there is an additional parameter to shift that point in the Settings, some "preheating".

View attachment 343225

The smoke settings seem to be named differently in my version. But ive chekced "Active". The setting beneath is not mentioned in the sol 1.4 manual. On or off? What difference does culling do?
I think this support page should be limited to "WeatherFX" and "Sol" related things.
For support and all other moduls of CSP you should go to CSP's Discord server.

I think this support page should be limited to "WeatherFX" and "Sol" related things.
For support and all other moduls of CSP you should go to CSP's Discord server.

Your correct. I have found my way to the other forums. Thanks for a great work with sol!! =)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back