Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Greetings Peter,

Just noticed that Oulton Park is doing some strange things with parts of the track. It's almost as if the surface has a heat haze/low resolution patches in the distance. There are white out of focus blobs on the track in a couple of places.

I tried to reinstall the track, but it still does it. Zolder does some odd black flickers at the last hairpin too.

Think I have the latest versions CM, Shaders and Sol.

Cheers,

Ben

Greetings Peter,

Just noticed that Oulton Park is doing some strange things with parts of the track. It's almost as if the surface has a heat haze/low resolution patches in the distance. There are white out of focus blobs on the track in a couple of places.

I tried to reinstall the track, but it still does it. Zolder does some odd black flickers at the last hairpin too.

Think I have the latest versions CM, Shaders and Sol.

Cheers,

Ben
Deactivate the "Add reflections to roads" and "add extra reflections" options in "Track Adjustment" Tab. That white haze should be the mirroring heat effect wich can be seen on asphalt in the distance on hot days, but it's quite odd in ACC.

Last edited:
Well, I went back one shader patch at a time until I reached preview49 when the issue disappeared which makes no sense at all. The more recent patches were working fine until they inexplicably weren't. I'm at a loss to explain it.
49 doesnt even work for me, also have latest config for nords....imho, there is too much being done too quickly by the shader patch guy

Deactivate the "Add reflections to roads" and "add extra reflections" options in "Track Adjustment" Tab. That white haze should be the mirroring heat effect wich can be seen on asphalt in the distance on hot days, but it's quite odd in ACC.

Thanks. Works perfectly. I had to do 15 laps of Oulton in a Porsche 959 just to make sure there were no blob reflections ;)

Hi there :)
I dont know if this is related to Sol or not but the only thing I changed is to install the new update from Sol trough content manager and im getting a very bright texture/render on cars. https://ibb.co/HKtKfbQ
Do you guys have any idea about whats going on?
Thanks in advance.

Since I have update SOL to the recommanded version, some tracks doesn't have lights like Forza 7 Le Mans, Daytona and more and others don't work anymore like Le Mans from Tiago Lima. And I don't have sparkles too.

Anyone have a solution please ?

Installing SOL and selecting “rain” doesn’t actually cause any rain or wet track? Have I missed something?

Also the sun seems to be a dot, it doesn’t appear to have a glow or bloom around it? It’s just a perfect circle with no blending/bloom etc?

This is a fresh default build using all default settings for CM/SOL/CS.

Game settings all all ultra / epic.

I also noticed that headlights are only really usable when the track /sky is black, and do little to nothing when the track / sky is dull. This is problematic as when racing during summer at sunset you can’t see **** and your headlights don’t do anything to illuminate the track?

Also I noticed that all dashcam views (interval views) look like the dash is over exposed and not being shaded?

Using fresh 1.2.3 and latest CM+Latest Shader?

I’m guessing I need to tweet a log it settings, but I think it might be good if everything just worked out the box / copy paste load game and... works.

For now I had to uninstall and will come back when things are a little less of a mess.

Looks good though when I use older revisions and tweak them etc. But for now it’s just a bit too much of a headache.

I'm getting a disco light effect on the grass on Nordschleife. I was using SOL 1.2.2 with shaders patch 1.25.74 but have just updated to SOL 1.2.3 with 1.25.139 and its shill doing it. It does the day or night, day time it looks more like its switch back and forth from brown to green grass.

Fix found here
https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/453615074951561236

leBluemYesterday at 2:54 AM
@skereee123 dl configs, unpack to "ac\extension": https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config (green button Clone/dl)
if still does not work, move all files (not subdirs) from "ac\extension\config\tracks" to "ac\extension\config\tracks\loaded"

Last edited:
I'm getting a disco light effect on the grass on Nordschleife. I was using SOL 1.2.2 with shaders patch 1.25.74 but have just updated to SOL 1.2.3 with 1.25.139 and its shill doing it. It does the day or night, day time it looks more like its switch back and forth from brown to green grass.

A solution is available in the custom shaders troubleshooting section of the AC Discord Channel.

Installing SOL and selecting “rain” doesn’t actually cause any rain or wet track? Have I missed something?

Also the sun seems to be a dot, it doesn’t appear to have a glow or bloom around it? It’s just a perfect circle with no blending/bloom etc?

This is a fresh default build using all default settings for CM/SOL/CS.

Game settings all all ultra / epic.

I also noticed that headlights are only really usable when the track /sky is black, and do little to nothing when the track / sky is dull. This is problematic as when racing during summer at sunset you can’t see **** and your headlights don’t do anything to illuminate the track?

Also I noticed that all dashcam views (interval views) look like the dash is over exposed and not being shaded?

Using fresh 1.2.3 and latest CM+Latest Shader?

I’m guessing I need to tweet a log it settings, but I think it might be good if everything just worked out the box / copy paste load game and... works.

For now I had to uninstall and will come back when things are a little less of a mess.

Looks good though when I use older revisions and tweak them etc. But for now it’s just a bit too much of a headache.
Don't know what causes headaches on your side. It works out of the box if you follow the instructions. Maybe you should just try to install Sol manually like it is described on the overview page. You can update Shader Patch directly in CM in settings >custom Shader patch >about and update. If this is to messy for you then it would be better you stay away from the whole Shader patch. It's no commercial product, it's a community driven mod pack...

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 112 70.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 32 20.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 20.6%