Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
The only way to keep it running, is to klick no clouds and diable the automatic wheather change.
I've had a few tracks not load due to "clouds" as well.. You can see it trying to load on the bottom left of the screen, and it gets to "loading...clouds" and then boots you back to CM.. Never found a solution..

Disabling the performance-option did bring an improvement in headlightglare nearby but headlights in mirror further away are still invisible. 'Disable lights in mirror' was/is disabled. See images below.

View attachment 307087 View attachment 307088
The no-headlights-in-mirror still bugs me. Last night during a race on Circuit de la Sarthe several LMP1's almost crashed in me because I did't see them coming in the night. This mainly happens to Kunos-cars. Modded LMP2's and GTE's seem to have less problems. Their headlights are suddenly visible upon passing me by. Is this a Custom Shader-problem? A car-problem? A settings-problem? Right now I'm running Sol v123 and CS v140.

Especially trees on some Kunos tracks looking kind of cheap, like from a bad convertion or something. Thats really an immersion killer for me. On other tracks, i.e. some north american tracks you dont find on racedepartment it's OK. (I think someone above had issues with the color of the grass besides the track.)

I'm not into VAO and track config but is there a chance to substitute old kunos trees with better versions like alfie is using for feldbergring or something like that? Some kind of library?

Don't get me wrong, i had a quick race at monza last night with winter trees and with SOL and shader patch, and its like watching TV.
Like it's described in the install guide, you need track light configs and VAO patches. With CM you can also do a manual install of them in Settings > custom Shader patch > track configs / VAO patches. There you will see the tracks you have installed. Right click it and install the latest version. Or for the track light configs you can set it to automatic download. 3 dots menu in the upper right.

The no-headlights-in-mirror still bugs me. Last night during a race on Circuit de la Sarthe several LMP1's almost crashed in me because I did't see them coming in the night. This mainly happens to Kunos-cars. Modded LMP2's and GTE's seem to have less problems. Their headlights are suddenly visible upon passing me by. Is this a Custom Shader-problem? A car-problem? A settings-problem? Right now I'm running Sol v123 and CS v140.
There is a setting "lights in mirrors", maybe it's deactivated. Setting > custom Shader patch > lighting Fx. Otherwise it's a Shader patch matter. Please go to its Discord channel and find the solution there.
https://discord.gg/QwXVEFM
Pretty hard to do the Shader Patch support here to. Maybe better to stop Sol releases here.

I have the same problem like Lee63, does anyone know how to solve it? Went back to several versions with no effekt, also reinstalled the nos.

It's a problem with the track light config. Try to install it manually in settings > custom Shader patch > track configs. Right click the track and install newest or reinstall.

I have the same problem like Hannesfarming, I can start a game with sol, but it break when the car is loading. The only way to keep it running, is to klick no clouds and diable the automatic wheather change. The rain and the wipes doesn't work too. I read the manual 1.1 and 1.2 but I can't find the failure. The newest costum shaders patch is activate.

I've had a few tracks not load due to "clouds" as well.. You can see it trying to load on the bottom left of the screen, and it gets to "loading...clouds" and then boots you back to CM.. Never found a solution..
Be aware you do the manual install:
1. Open the Sol zip.
2. Go into the folder /MODS/Sol
3. Copy the folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder
4. Confirm overwriting existing files

• Deleted member 197115

This is this optimization option (on by default), turn it off
upload_2019-6-5_23-4-18.png

Maybe its better to stop releasing Sol here on RD. The type of support which is necessary for it is not possible here. Shader Patch and Sol support can only work if users helping each other, but this don't work here. I can't awnser the same questions again and again. Also to much problems of Shader patch are projected on to SOL. So here are the Discord servers where you can find solutions for your problems:

Custom Shader Patch :
https://discord.gg/UNj5gep

Sol:
https://discord.gg/6bTfcj5

Also in the near future Sol will have its integrated update function in CM. So it isn't needed to have an extra download option. The last alpha and beta version are available on Discord. The next releases as well....

It's a problem with the track light config. Try to install it manually in settings > custom Shader patch > track configs. Right click the track and install newest or reinstall.

This does not fix the issue, for me at least. The only way I can fix it is to revert to preview 49.

This does not fix the issue, for me at least. The only way I can fix it is to revert to preview 49.
Because there is an old config of nords in it. If it's in the /extension/config /tracks folder it overrides the one in /extension /config /tracks /loaded. There the actual ones are in. The actual one has some problems. They will be updated and than it takes 1 day to be actual for the auto download.

Ok! Using other reshade preset may cause troubles with sol and custom shaders patch? There is an interesting RTX preset that I wish to try.
It's just after all. You will loose some fps and it could cause some new trouble with it. But just try it out. If it's not worth it, just delete the reshade addition.

Because there is an old config of nords in it. If it's in the /extension/config /tracks folder it overrides the one in /extension /config /tracks /loaded. There the actual ones are in. The actual one has some problems. They will be updated and than it takes 1 day to be actual for the auto download.
Thank you, Peter.
Your help and patience is appreciated.

Maybe its better to stop releasing Sol here on RD.

No problem, Peter and I surely understand you .... ;)

I'm just hoping there might be further news in this thread for newer versions or advised stable compatibility between Sol and SLP.... especially for those who don't install Sol with Content Manager. Discord may sometimes be a plague to find precise infos in a mess of messages.

Hoping also that Sol on Discord will also propose an usual download link for personal install with JSGME or manually.
CM is surely fine for installs ... but I always prefered and will remain prefering to know what and where I install anything in game and even on PC. :D

Issue fixed with help from the folks at Discord.
Thanks, Peter

Peter, you're doing a great job trying to help these folks. A lot of reported issues seem to be CSP related, not SOL related. Please continue to release SOL on RD and maybe point people with CSP related issue to their discord channel. Thanks for all the hard work.

• Deleted member 197115

Peter is mostly acting as a proxy for CSP troubleshooting here, I am sure he has better things to do.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back