Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
But what Patrik means is, there is actually a cut in the blacktones. So something must be with your monitor, if you say it look right on your side. On our side the dynamic is shrinked and brightness is boosted, which looks "washed out". So it will be also with somebody who try the filter and has normal monitor settings. It's like a cut, if you set "blacklevel compensation" in sol config.
Ok. Thanks, I'll take a look at that setting. Still haven't found the all round sweet spot look I like yet with this mod or the standard sol filter. When I think I'm close, a different weather doesn't look quite right. Any recommendations about the blacktones? Haven't messed with that yet.

Ok. Thanks, I'll take a look at that setting. Still haven't found the all round sweet spot look I like yet with this mod or the standard sol filter. When I think I'm close, a different weather doesn't look quite right. Any recommendations about the blacktones? Haven't messed with that yet.
Would be just interesting. On the overview page of Sol on the bottom, there is a spoiler black and white level charts. Just make the black chart full screen and tell which field you can barely see.

Worked first time, new Sol, new Shaders Patch - thanks for your work, really nice.

One question: racing in VR, I had initially performance problems (early SOL versions) - I think I tuned the "displaying" other cars details down, so, I sometime only see parts of the car, until I get closer, then the rest of the details "pop" in and the car can be seen in its full glory.
Any idea what I have to turn up to not happen this as drastic? It's no gamebreaker, not at all, but now that the performance (at least on my side) does not take any massive dips, would like to get rid of that behaviour.

Thanks again, also for your endless patience with all this posts in this thread!

In CM, go to Settings, custom shader patch, at the left side, you see cars config, track config, tracks vao, etc, look to the right, the three vertical dots, click and choose automatic - hope this helps

Awesome app! I need your help though. Everything works correctly but when I open the Custom Shaders Patch tab in CM, I get a page of errors.... to include the following "The invocation of the constructor on type 'AcManager.Pages.Settings.SettingsShadersPatch' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception." Any thoughts?

Awesome app! I need your help though. Everything works correctly but when I open the Custom Shaders Patch tab in CM, I get a page of errors.... to include the following "The invocation of the constructor on type 'AcManager.Pages.Settings.SettingsShadersPatch' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception." Any thoughts?
Maybe it would be good to install Shader patch manually. Look in the install guide. There is a page, where to get it and how to install it. Then install the latest version over Settings >custom Shader patch >about and update

Can anyone explain what is happening here? As far as I can tell, it is specific to the Nordschleife. I've tested 6-7 other tracks and they're fine.
As well as the varying tree shades, the gravel traps also change to various colours. White, blue, pink.
Sol 1.2.3 preview140.

^ probably custom shader patch, not SOL

btw. I got a new thing today, when going into any of the car additional cameras ( F5 or F6, I get crash, displaying message that my GPU overheated - which it didn't ., only in those cameras)

anyone experience anything similar?
trying to update nvidia drivers

edit: fine when I ran it without CM, maybe something in CM is tripping it,
when launched without CM, it's fine

aaah, got it,
there is an option in Custom shader patch for force disablePOV in pits, which is what I turned on out of curiousity, turning it back OFF makes it work again... interesting

Last edited:
Maybe it would be good to install Shader patch manually. Look in the install guide. There is a page, where to get it and how to install it. Then install the latest version over Settings >custom Shader patch >about and update
Rgr Im tracking that, But then I do not have access to anything on the Custom Shaders Patch tab.... Again everything works fine, I just cannot change anything via that TAB anymore.

Can anyone explain what is happening here? As far as I can tell, it is specific to the Nordschleife. I've tested 6-7 other tracks and they're fine.
As well as the varying tree shades, the gravel traps also change to various colours. White, blue, pink.
Sol 1.2.3 preview140.

It looks as if the tree textures are rapidly transitioning between spring, summer and fall colors.

It looks as if the tree textures are rapidly transitioning between spring, summer and fall colors.

Well, I went back one shader patch at a time until I reached preview49 when the issue disappeared which makes no sense at all. The more recent patches were working fine until they inexplicably weren't. I'm at a loss to explain it.

Hi all,

Got it installed like mentioned, but I dont see the Weather config tab showing up ingame in my taskbar...
The mod works, I could select a weather preset and it loads correctly, but I cant get the config open ingame via the taskbar.

Anyone knows how to solve that?

"Race Cancelled"
I have installed CM, SOL 1.2.3 and shader patch 140, and when I want to enter a server to load it pulls a sign "race canceled", I have to try several times until it enters.

Hi! I'd like to try the reshade preset mentioned in the user manual, but I can't find the __extras folder inside the zip. Is reshade still a thing with the last updates of sol and custom shader patch? Thanks.

Especially trees on some Kunos tracks looking kind of cheap, like from a bad convertion or something. Thats really an immersion killer for me. On other tracks, i.e. some north american tracks you dont find on racedepartment it's OK. (I think someone above had issues with the color of the grass besides the track.)

I'm not into VAO and track config but is there a chance to substitute old kunos trees with better versions like alfie is using for feldbergring or something like that? Some kind of library?

Don't get me wrong, i had a quick race at monza last night with winter trees and with SOL and shader patch, and its like watching TV.

I have the same problem like Hannesfarming, I can start a game with sol, but it break when the car is loading. The only way to keep it running, is to klick no clouds and diable the automatic wheather change. The rain and the wipes doesn't work too. I read the manual 1.1 and 1.2 but I can't find the failure. The newest costum shaders patch is activate.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.