Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have made available the new Reiza Bundle DLC for the simulation.

Developed by Reiza Studios of Automobilista fame, the new 'Reiza Bundle' DLC for rFactor 2 is now available to purchase. Containing no less than six vehicles and four unique venues in 10 different layouts, the new pack retails for £16.98 and can be purchased on Steam HERE.

Want to see more racing action? Check out our early 'first drive' video HERE.

The new pack has been much awaited by fans of both Reiza Studios (AMS) and Studio 397 (rF2), and it will offer an interesting first look at how the two different design and production philosophies of these two studios come together in rFactor 2.

The new DLC contents are...

Tracks:

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a race track located in Alton, Virginia VIR is an incredibly beautiful and diverse racetrack allowing for numerous configurations, suiting all types of categories from small club cars to big GT and powerful prototypes.

The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, has hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total. This rF2 track comes in two versions: the classic, dangerous 1972 layout surrounded by nearby barriers before the introduction of chicanes to reduce its high speed nature, along with the current configuration fully adapted to modern standards but still retaining a lot of the unique challenges that made it famous.

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé is a motorsports circuit in Guaporé, a small city in southern Brazil. It is one of the oldest race tracks in the country and traditionally hosts a variety of different categories, ranging from Classic tintops, modern endurance prototypes to racing trucks.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha, is located in Ibarra, Ecuador. It´s unique layout flowing around and in between a lake, mountains and even a vulcano makes it an unique driving experience.

Cars:
Formula Vee

This popular trainer formula car is heavily based on parts from the classic VW Beetle. Its open differential and swing axle rear suspension makes it a constant challenge and ideal tool to develop your driving skills.

MCR Sports 2000
The MCR S2000 is an incredibly nimble 500kg British prototype features an I4 Duratec engine, and is popular racer both for its driving fun as well as close wheel-to-wheel races.

Metalmoro MR18
The MR18 is a succesful mid-range endurance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. It features a Honda K20 I4 Turbo engine.

Metalmoro AJR
The AJR is the latest high-performance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. Capable matching the performance of a modern LMP2 car, this versatile prototype can be used with a range of different engines - the rF2 version features versions with Honda K20 I4 Turbo, Powertec V8, Chevrolet V8 and Judd V10.

Puma GTE
A sensation among Brazilian car enthusiasts from the 70s, the GTE is a modified version of the VW Beetle, featuring the same mechanics of the Brazilian Fusca with a lower, light weight fiberglass bodywork in an iconic design. The rFactor2 version is modeled after the original car and runs on radial tyres.

Puma P052
The P052 is a modern re-imagination of the 70s Brazilian classic, it retains many of the pure driving attributes that made the originals so popular in Brazil. The current prototype as modeled in rFactor2 runs with tuned MIVEC engine, 5-speed gearbox and slick tyres.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Fortnite is free to play, as are many other games; DLC is way more than 150% of the base price. Printers barely cost more than a new set of inks.
I'm glad nobody here is going to be ripped off by such a ridiculous marketing decision...

What I would be interested to know is are the cars/tracks better than what is already available, or merely an alternative. Better I would pay for, more of the same, not so much.
It is the inconsistency across regions that drives me mad, you have a crazy price for lower valued currencies and a somewhat standard for other regions. This game has no reason to charge iRacing prices for its content. Nor does iRacing tbh, but no other viable online alternative nowadays makes them charge what they want.

Got this as I was part of the original Reiza crowdfunding.
Only tried the FVee and it is great!
More like it was when it came out in GSC originally.
Didn't like the way Reiza went after the crowdfunding but now with FVee is VR I consider the crowdfunding promises fulfilled.

Tracks looks great too. Yes the grass looks flat and lifeless more so as the rest of the track looks great.
Try a race in VR against Ai in VR and how the grass looks will be the least of your worries.;)
That said I hope it will updated at a later date?

I'm receiving conflicting signals for the Formula Vee. Some say it feels incomplete and doesn't feel right. Yours is the only comment which says it feels good. Do you mind expanding on why you like it? I'm only interested in the Formula Vee.

I believe the comments about it being incomplete refers only to VR, having some visual parts missing, but in a single monitor it's fine.

Regarding the driving feel, to me it feels very similar to the Skip Barber but with the latest tire model makes me like the FFB even better than the Skippy. Both are meant to be learning tools and require subtle steering/gas/brake inputs. They are challenging and requires you to be totally focused.
I read one or two comments of people saying it's a bit harder to drive than its AMS counterpart but I can't comment on that.
In essence, I think if you like the Skip Barber, you'll love the F-Vee.

CSL Elite and I had to dip down as low as 0.40 FFB modifier on some cars to find a balance between car, road and kerb.
There must be something wrong with your wheel settings either in game or on the wheel itself if you have to run 0.4 multiplier, IMO, because again, it's pretty much perfect with 1.0 at stock settings (as in not edited manually in the game files somewhere, because there's not much to tweak via the UI). Are you sure you haven't been tinkering with it?

This is my experience exactly, with a CSW (v1), except the P052 is on par with the MCR2000 in the orchestra category ;)

But try leaving the FFB modifier at 1.0 and up the smoothing instead. I did not believe this would work until pushed to try it during beta testing. What I discovered is that the cars that felt imbalanced between road and kerbs, or horizontal versus vertical forces calmed down to reasonable levels with smoothing much higher than I had ever run before. rF2 unfortunately does not have a per-car smoothing value (like it does for FFB force level), so I was very concerned that every other car would be wrecked in the process. They are not. The "good" cars like the latest DLC from S397 and the MCR2000 are affected very little by even large increases in smoothing. They can also still feel good at 1 or even 0 smoothing on my wheel.

Thank you Marc, that's splendid information. I had the smoothing 1 which is magical for the S397 DLC's but I'll try and increase that, cheers :)

hmm long wait, some great, some not so great but that could be because I'm no Alien driver and need easy cars like the GT3/GTE.

Best car for me is the Puma (MX5) I love the raspy notes this angry little machine spits out - 5th gear reminds me of most 5 gear road cars when you rag the nuts off them is pretty redundant being so tall.

So for me:
Tracks 10/10
Cars 7/10

Thank you Reiza and thank you Sector 397 for the perfect platform

It is still cheaper than iracing for a game full of issues and nowhere near as much detail into the cars. Not saying about physics as each game has its own interpretation of what happens in real life.
I was driving the Radical in iRacing yesterday with my GS-5, but i got so sleeply while driving. iRacing is such a boring driving-experience and not really a sim for me, because you shouldn't get fatigue in a proper sim. I switched to Formula E in rF2 and within minutes my fatigue switched to excitement, because driving this car needs all your attention all the time and it's not just braking at the best spot, turn in and wait for the exit. And the new tyre-model doesn't do enough about this 'issue'.

Just driving this Puma P052 with the AI on VIR North gave me more excitement than any car in iRacing. iRacing is just fu**ing boring.

Best car for me is the Puma (MX5)
The Puma P052 is by far superior to the MX5 with around half the weight plus rear-engine. It feels more like a Porsche Cup light with a bit more mid-engine handling IMO.

Last edited:
I bought the pack this evening, gave it a quick try on Imola and wasn't very impressed.

Carried out a few tweaks to get a constant 90fps in VR and get the FFB dialed in.

Then I fired up a 30min race on VIR South with the Puma P052, and it was amazing!! Managed to qualify 1st and then went on to win the race by a mere 3 seconds (AI on 107%) and it's probably the most fun I've had in rF2 for quite a while!

Looking forward to trying the other tracks and cars over the weekend.

Big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

I was driving the Radical in iRacing yesterday with my GS-5, but i got so sleeply while driving. iRacing is such a boring driving-experience and not really a sim for me, because you shouldn't get fatigue in a proper sim. I switched to Formula E in rF2 and within minutes my fatigue switched to excitement, because driving this car needs all your attention all the time and it's not just braking at the best spot, turn in and wait for the exit. And the new tyre-model doesn't do enough about this 'issue'.

Just driving this Puma P052 with the AI on VIR North gave me more excitement than any car in iRacing. iRacing is just fu**ing boring.
did you even read the part I refrained from the physics part. Surely some iracing cars are boring and imo rF2 has a way better wheel feel. But the cars in iracing have way more detail into its systems and what you do irl vs sim.

Both have a long list of physics issues which are not worth mentioning. And to me personally it feels better in rf2 as well. But the cars and game doesn't seem like they could share the same price tag.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back