Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have made available the new Reiza Bundle DLC for the simulation.

Developed by Reiza Studios of Automobilista fame, the new 'Reiza Bundle' DLC for rFactor 2 is now available to purchase. Containing no less than six vehicles and four unique venues in 10 different layouts, the new pack retails for £16.98 and can be purchased on Steam HERE.

Want to see more racing action? Check out our early 'first drive' video HERE.

The new pack has been much awaited by fans of both Reiza Studios (AMS) and Studio 397 (rF2), and it will offer an interesting first look at how the two different design and production philosophies of these two studios come together in rFactor 2.

The new DLC contents are...

Tracks:

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a race track located in Alton, Virginia VIR is an incredibly beautiful and diverse racetrack allowing for numerous configurations, suiting all types of categories from small club cars to big GT and powerful prototypes.

The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, has hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total. This rF2 track comes in two versions: the classic, dangerous 1972 layout surrounded by nearby barriers before the introduction of chicanes to reduce its high speed nature, along with the current configuration fully adapted to modern standards but still retaining a lot of the unique challenges that made it famous.

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé is a motorsports circuit in Guaporé, a small city in southern Brazil. It is one of the oldest race tracks in the country and traditionally hosts a variety of different categories, ranging from Classic tintops, modern endurance prototypes to racing trucks.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha, is located in Ibarra, Ecuador. It´s unique layout flowing around and in between a lake, mountains and even a vulcano makes it an unique driving experience.

Cars:
Formula Vee

This popular trainer formula car is heavily based on parts from the classic VW Beetle. Its open differential and swing axle rear suspension makes it a constant challenge and ideal tool to develop your driving skills.

MCR Sports 2000
The MCR S2000 is an incredibly nimble 500kg British prototype features an I4 Duratec engine, and is popular racer both for its driving fun as well as close wheel-to-wheel races.

Metalmoro MR18
The MR18 is a succesful mid-range endurance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. It features a Honda K20 I4 Turbo engine.

Metalmoro AJR
The AJR is the latest high-performance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. Capable matching the performance of a modern LMP2 car, this versatile prototype can be used with a range of different engines - the rF2 version features versions with Honda K20 I4 Turbo, Powertec V8, Chevrolet V8 and Judd V10.

Puma GTE
A sensation among Brazilian car enthusiasts from the 70s, the GTE is a modified version of the VW Beetle, featuring the same mechanics of the Brazilian Fusca with a lower, light weight fiberglass bodywork in an iconic design. The rFactor2 version is modeled after the original car and runs on radial tyres.

Puma P052
The P052 is a modern re-imagination of the 70s Brazilian classic, it retains many of the pure driving attributes that made the originals so popular in Brazil. The current prototype as modeled in rFactor2 runs with tuned MIVEC engine, 5-speed gearbox and slick tyres.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Eyes is the main game.

Ears very important too.

Eyes and ears can move your arms and feet pretty well.

Also you may be almost tricked into thinking that you perceive the g forces if car would be swimming around slightly, but FFB would not be doing anything.

Everyone drives with those cues in mind, conscious or unconsciously. Issue is FFB is where you get an awful lot of your sensory pleasure from. And the craving for sensory pleasure is why some peeps spend 3k on a wheel and everyone else dreams of spending 3k on a wheel.

From my speculation, F-Vee in AMS felt more confident below the limit, and the limit was higher, but once you've reached it - it's almost inevitable that you end up snapping or backwards.
In rF2 Vee the limit is more progressive, it starts going over the limit earlier, but it's more like a normal situation. You always "taste" the grip by slightly biting and releasing the steering input in the corners, and the current state of slip transfers through the wheel quite well. Also the rear wheels always should be "loaded" a bit, with some revs, once it's like that, it's very stable.
Thanks for the feedback!

Great pack but here's my feedback
  1. Give the Puma P052 a role as safety car because aren't we getting bored of seeing the same ISI era Corvette C6 SC, the other Puma a role for vintage races set in the 1970s (which is totally wrong to see a C6 there)
  2. BoP the Radical RSX to be in line with the MCR2000 and bring both cars in as a single class (Sports 2000) rather than a spinter of numerous classes - both cars are in the same class in real life and the RSX are quicker in game by a whisker

Great release, but for me there is one niggle, from cockpit view in the Reiza cars they seem to drain the fps, use one of their cars, then jump into RF2 car, and I was losing on average 50/80fps that is a huge amount, maybe this should be looked at.

Their pricing policy is completely nonsense. 1.5 times the base game price for a dlc? Really?

Fortnite is free to play, as are many other games; DLC is way more than 150% of the base price. Printers barely cost more than a new set of inks.
I'm glad nobody here is going to be ripped off by such a ridiculous marketing decision...

What I would be interested to know is are the cars/tracks better than what is already available, or merely an alternative. Better I would pay for, more of the same, not so much.

From my speculation, F-Vee in AMS felt more confident below the limit, and the limit was higher, but once you've reached it - it's almost inevitable that you end up snapping or backwards.
In rF2 Vee the limit is more progressive, it starts going over the limit earlier, but it's more like a normal situation. You always "taste" the grip by slightly biting and releasing the steering input in the corners, and the current state of slip transfers through the wheel quite well. Also the rear wheels always should be "loaded" a bit, with some revs, once it's like that, it's very stable.

I am sure it is hardware-related, but my experience is the exact opposite. AMS version feels more natural and controllable--given that it is an overall difficult car to drive on the limit. The P052 and especially the MCR2000 on the other hand feel as good and likely a small increment better than the AMS versions. This is the same contradictory story as with all rF2 cars since 2013...

Why in 2019 Physics are always reduced to FFB.

Can't wait to test out the pack. I am sure it is good. You see some people complaining - you know something has been done right. No sarcasm there.

Physics are not reduced to FFB. But rF2 has always produced inconsistent FFB on different wheel hardware (remember the F2 car?). For me, two cars feels sublime (MCR2000 and Puma P052), and four feel worse than in AMS. How is that possible? I do not know, but it is true and it is one of the fascinating aspects of this pack to be able to compare rF2 with AMS (which is basically rF pushed to the maximum).

Ok Tony, thanks good to know. CSL Elite and I had to dip down as low as 0.40 FFB modifier on some cars to find a balance between car, road and kerb.

Best way I can describe it for myself is that in AMS driving any vehicle was like being swept around the circuit on an orchestra, with beautiful sweeps and chords, these are like being strapped on the back of a Jazz band.

Returned to the GT3 pack to make sure it wasn't any wheel settings and they were as I recall. More time needed with the content methinks, but I'm a long way from being blow away like I hoped I would be apart from my short time with the MCR which did add a new level of complexity I enjoyed. The Pumas were just poor sadly, barely Steam Workshop standards for me at least.

This is my experience exactly, with a CSW (v1), except the P052 is on par with the MCR2000 in the orchestra category ;)

But try leaving the FFB modifier at 1.0 and up the smoothing instead. I did not believe this would work until pushed to try it during beta testing. What I discovered is that the cars that felt imbalanced between road and kerbs, or horizontal versus vertical forces calmed down to reasonable levels with smoothing much higher than I had ever run before. rF2 unfortunately does not have a per-car smoothing value (like it does for FFB force level), so I was very concerned that every other car would be wrecked in the process. They are not. The "good" cars like the latest DLC from S397 and the MCR2000 are affected very little by even large increases in smoothing. They can also still feel good at 1 or even 0 smoothing on my wheel.

This is all part of the "fun" of rF2 and has been since Day 1, six plus years ago. It's why I love AMS--everything is balanced and works perfectly out the box every time. It's why I am scared that despite rF2's superior capabilities in a few areas, I personally do not think it is ready for prime time--aka uses as a platform for AMS 2 (or any other major mod).

@Marc Collins True about inconsistency. But on the second thought cars are not the same, so thats kinda realistic not to be that consistent, do we mistake consistency with something ekse, could we ? Also we ourselves are terribly inconsistent in that matter.

I found one strange thing.

First impression was incredible. Cars felt incredibly natural and realistic. Then found that my wheel profiler was set on 900 degs instead of 1080. I set it to 1080. Liked cars a bit less. Felt too direct. With wrong degs car felt a bit sketchy though, understandably. But felt more like steerign pneumatic tires, more imprecise feeling, a little bit guess steering corretions, felt more like force steering. With correct degrees felt a bit too direct, slightly plastic, more like position steering. I have ended up with 1040 degs. Thats 5percent of error. I don't notice the error, car feels very natural to me. I probably wouldn't use that for competitive racing, as it would cost me a couple of tenths. But I like it. Placebo or logical thing right there ?

Really like the pack so far. Good stuff.

@Marc Collins True about inconsistency. But on the second thought cars are not the same, so thats kinda realistic not to be that consistent, do we mistake consistency with something ekse, could we ? Also we ourselves are terribly inconsistent in that matter.

I found one strange thing.

First impression was incredible. Cars felt incredibly natural and realistic. Then found that my wheel profiler was set on 900 degs instead of 1080. I set it to 1080. Liked cars a bit less. Felt too direct. With wrong degs car felt a bit sketchy though, understandably. But felt more like steerign pneumatic tires, more imprecise feeling, a little bit guess steering corretions, felt more like force steering. With correct degrees felt a bit too direct, slightly plastic, more like position steering. I have ended up with 1040 degs. Thats 5percent of error. I don't notice the error, car feels very natural to me. I probably wouldn't use that for competitive racing, as it would cost me a couple of tenths. But I like it. Placebo or logical thing right there ?

Really like the pack so far. Good stuff.

The inconsistency I am talking about is related to the FFB feelings you describe above, not that these wildly different cars should feel or handle the same. So we agree.

Can you be sure to replicate those differences by testing some more (back and forth)? The way rF2 deals with the steering ratio and compresses forces into the range that is available could be a variable in all of this. Try 200 degrees as an example! I will also test this at my end to see if it affects things. Some cars may be more sensitive to the differences based on tire model or who knows what. By the way, for me the ISI and S397 cars also fall into these two camps, so this is not specific to the Reiza pack cars.

I'm pretty sure that with 200 it will feel just simply bad, insanely imprecise. Yes it did (edit), few degrees of error actually has logical reason, as IRL SAT curve wouldn't follow slip curve in perfect way, aslo there is relaxation length phenomenon, plus steering works not by applying position, but by applying force and maybe that also give a bit of play.

Regarding the FFB/physics consistency, as far as it has affected me, I wouldn't say there were much of a problem with any car. Once I really disliked how MakCorp groupC drove online, then tested same in single player and felt very good then...

Last edited:
Looks like base game is region priced while dlc is not. For example in my region dlc is 70% price of the base game. Price is -+ on the same level as rest of dlcs, rf2, r3e or ams, to me it rather sounds like you are spoiled by low price of the base game in your region :p
well, if 10% of the minimum wage is a reasonable price for a DLC then I am indeed way out of this world.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%