Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have made available the new Reiza Bundle DLC for the simulation.

Developed by Reiza Studios of Automobilista fame, the new 'Reiza Bundle' DLC for rFactor 2 is now available to purchase. Containing no less than six vehicles and four unique venues in 10 different layouts, the new pack retails for £16.98 and can be purchased on Steam HERE.

Want to see more racing action? Check out our early 'first drive' video HERE.

The new pack has been much awaited by fans of both Reiza Studios (AMS) and Studio 397 (rF2), and it will offer an interesting first look at how the two different design and production philosophies of these two studios come together in rFactor 2.

The new DLC contents are...

Tracks:

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a race track located in Alton, Virginia VIR is an incredibly beautiful and diverse racetrack allowing for numerous configurations, suiting all types of categories from small club cars to big GT and powerful prototypes.

The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, has hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total. This rF2 track comes in two versions: the classic, dangerous 1972 layout surrounded by nearby barriers before the introduction of chicanes to reduce its high speed nature, along with the current configuration fully adapted to modern standards but still retaining a lot of the unique challenges that made it famous.

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé is a motorsports circuit in Guaporé, a small city in southern Brazil. It is one of the oldest race tracks in the country and traditionally hosts a variety of different categories, ranging from Classic tintops, modern endurance prototypes to racing trucks.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha, is located in Ibarra, Ecuador. It´s unique layout flowing around and in between a lake, mountains and even a vulcano makes it an unique driving experience.

Cars:
Formula Vee

This popular trainer formula car is heavily based on parts from the classic VW Beetle. Its open differential and swing axle rear suspension makes it a constant challenge and ideal tool to develop your driving skills.

MCR Sports 2000
The MCR S2000 is an incredibly nimble 500kg British prototype features an I4 Duratec engine, and is popular racer both for its driving fun as well as close wheel-to-wheel races.

Metalmoro MR18
The MR18 is a succesful mid-range endurance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. It features a Honda K20 I4 Turbo engine.

Metalmoro AJR
The AJR is the latest high-performance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. Capable matching the performance of a modern LMP2 car, this versatile prototype can be used with a range of different engines - the rF2 version features versions with Honda K20 I4 Turbo, Powertec V8, Chevrolet V8 and Judd V10.

Puma GTE
A sensation among Brazilian car enthusiasts from the 70s, the GTE is a modified version of the VW Beetle, featuring the same mechanics of the Brazilian Fusca with a lower, light weight fiberglass bodywork in an iconic design. The rFactor2 version is modeled after the original car and runs on radial tyres.

Puma P052
The P052 is a modern re-imagination of the 70s Brazilian classic, it retains many of the pure driving attributes that made the originals so popular in Brazil. The current prototype as modeled in rFactor2 runs with tuned MIVEC engine, 5-speed gearbox and slick tyres.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The Puma suffers for over exposure of the external mirrors and brake lights, needs sorting. Not sure why given this was a byproduct of DX9 days, if these were ported over then surely DX11 parameters from the outset should be on point and not released this way?

The stock setup is also borked and needs tweaking to counter the crazy oversteer on downshifts

The Porsche GT3 with motion @ Virginia Park is the most immersive and intense experience I ever had in 18 years of sim racing.
I’m not a big fan of these cars at all, but I purchased all to support Studio 397. I tested all of them and they are ok for me, but I will not drive these cars a lot. I really hope in some V8 in the future.

Hi numbersevenhull !
I also have this problem: "At times it feels like when you might add a mod to the old rfactor and the force feedback would invert - they don't feel natural at all."
This happen to me for the first time with Mercedes GT3 by Studio 397, never liked that car, never understood why till a couple of weeks ago.
There seems to be some problems with the steering setup in rf2.
If I have a different steering angle in my Thrustmaster setup than the one the car has in rf2 the feedback I get from the car is like the one you are having right now.
The fix that I found is to find out what steering angle your car has and set the same value in the Trustmaster setup before starting the game. For example for the Mercedes GT3 is 380deg.
You should be able to let the wheel at 1080deg in the Trustmaster setup and when you load a car in rf2 the game should change the steering rotation to the correct value for the car loaded and should work fine but for some cars the FFB just seems to go crazy.

"The constant tyre screech really highlights the shortcomings of the rF2 sound engine." I agree the beautiful detailed and much refined sound from AMS is gone, really wish Studio 397 wake up and realise sound improvements are badly needed. At the moment seem to be their last priority.

"The brakes are lethal across the content" I just moved the braking balance to the back in the MCR, only one click and the problem was solved so this seems to be an easy fix.

"The tyres don't feel like they are the current model..." Something is happening with the tyres, they do not behave like the latest ones from rf2.

My biggest problem with all the cars in the Reiza pack is their feedback when going over the kerbs.
I wasn't a big fan of Norma LMP3 by Studio 397 because the FFB when going over the kerbs felt to rough for me but in MCR for example is just way overboard I only use my wheel at 70% for official content and 60% for this Reiza pack but the MCR just feels like is gone break my hands or break the wheel. The same thing happens with all the cars in the pack.
I went back to AMS did some laps with MCR FFB going over the kerbs on the same track VIR felt a little rough but was so enjoyable nowhere near the feedback I get in rf2.
Also I did a test with the Metalmoro AJR and for this car the FFB is identical to the one in AMS. The feedback when going over the kerbs is alot smoother and enjoyable similar to the FFB I also get from the Studio 397 Oreca.
This could be an easy fix if Studio 397 would just give us an option in the FFB menu to adjust the FFB strenght when going over the kerbs, like AC has for many years now.

The tracks are amazing, always said they don't need laser scanned tracks if they keep doing so good tracks.

Overall for me this is a great pack, needs some polish, but knowing Reiza I am sure they will certanly improve it, highly recommended :)!

Have you already tried this? (from November roadmap):
Software Wheel Rotation Explained

We have added the option to set the maximum rotation of the steering wheel “in software”, so we can adjust the rotation per car even for wheels that don’t support setting the rotation in their driver. This means that current owners of various OSW and SimSteering wheels can now finally enjoy the correct rotation without having to manually set it outside of rFactor 2. The system works as follows: In order to use this new system, you have to explicitly turn it on in your Controller.JSON file (which you can find in your UserData\player folder). The line you’re looking for is called “Steering Wheel Software Rotation,” and if you don’t see it yet, please make sure you have updated to build 1112, run the game once and exit it again. The line defaults to “false,” and you should change that to “true”. The next step is to go into your wheel driver and the rotation to the maximum value it supports, up to the maximum rotation of 1440 degrees that rFactor 2 supports. Then you go back to your Controller.JSON and set the “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default” to the same number of degrees you just configured. If your wheel actually does support us reading the maximum rotation, you can alternatively set “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” to “true” so we will read whatever you set from the driver. We do recommend setting it to the maximum value in the driver, as we can only make the rotation less in software, not more. Finally we have a value called “Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness,” which acts like a spring constant and defines how harsh the buildup of counter-torque will be when you go over the maximum rotation for a car. We recommend starting with a value of somewhere between 20 (soft) to 50 (harsh), but this really depends on your wheel and personal preference. For SimSteering and OSW, we added some profiles to our default set as well. You might want to give those a try as they are already setup for this new feature.

In summary, these are the new parameters in the Controller.JSON:

Steering Wheel Software Rotation – Defaults to false, but must be set to true to enable this feature. When it is set to false, this feature should be fully disabled.
Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness – A configurable value ranging from 1.0 to 100.0, which acts like a spring constant that determines how much counter-torque will be applied if you steer beyond the maximum range.
Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver – Whether we should attempt to fetch the maximum steering wheel range from the wheel driver, assuming the driver supports this.
Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default – The value of our maximum steering wheel range when there isn’t a wheel driver available that we can read this from or when “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” is set to false. Values from 40 to 1440 are supported.

Also, some thrustmaster users (including me) were reporting, that changing the steering resistance coefficient in controller.json from standard (+)1.0 to something between -0.6 to -1.0 results in better ffb, because you will overcome the internal friction of the wheel. I have t500rs, and some t150 and t300 users had better ffb too. Only issue for me: i have to hold the wheel when i get in the Cockpit, because it immediately starts to oscillate without resistance once I am in the standing car. But a soon as I start to move, it feels perfect for me.

Btw: I really like this pack! Tracks are great and the cars (havent tried the vee yet) are feeling like in AMS, but with a little more detail/fidelity in physics. At least for me... big thanks to reiza and s397.
The MCR2000 is my favourite in this pack and in AMS.
For the next DLC pack, i want some 80s/90s classics. Maybe an official BMW E30 (M3/325i/325iX), Toyota AE86 (Sprinter Trueno/Levin) and some other classic cars and tracks from that era :)

Last edited:
You certainly haven't read the part I say I don't think either game simulates properly a race car. Having said that, what I like about iRacing in the simulation department is the variety of electronics and fuel management systems is way better than what you find in rF2. TC system is a lot closer, launch control implemented for GT3 cars, accurate dashes and the list goes on.
I'm just watching Jardier in the AOL-league running 17-19 psi (1,2-1,3 bar) hot tyre-pressure with the BMW GTE according to the dash-display in iRacing. The real ones are running 24-26 psi (1,7-1,8 bar) with their Michelin-tyres as far as i know and it looks like pCars 2 is the better sim just looking at numbers. If elementary basics like tyre-pressures are so far off in iRacing, the accurate stuff are just gimmicks probably as wrong as the rest of this fantasy-sim.

I work at Porsche cup as a race engineer and I can also second that iracing behaviour does not match real life at all, but so does rF2, and they do physics in a completely different way. Again, what I'm saying is that they put a lot of work in the details of the car, representing accurately its control systems and peripherals.
You've tried the Flat 6 mod since the last update? They are running the new tyre-model now and you should drive the car similar to iRacing, but for a different reason. In iRacing the car spins when you push it too much, like it has some super-engine with incredible torque delivery. In rF2 you just burning your tyres without going faster. A little spin and you loose maybe 10% rubber on one tyre plus a flatspot prominent in the FFB for the next couple of laps. And the way the car feels on the limit is on another level as well. The issues Nicki Thiim criticized in his Porsche-Cup-comparison seems to be fixed with the Flat 6 mod.

Last edited:
I'm just watching Jardier in the AOL-league running 17-19 psi (1,2-1,3 bar) hot tyre-pressure with the BMW GTE according to the dash-display in iRacing. The real ones are running 24-26 psi (1,7-1,8 bar) with their Michelin-tyres as far as i know and it looks like pCars 2 is the better sim just looking at numbers. If elementary basics like tyre-pressures are so far off in iRacing, the accurate stuff are just gimmicks probably as wrong as the rest of this fantasy-sim.
Michelin uses much higher tire pressures than optimal IRL (so tires won't blow up constantly) and it is mandatory to be above a specified number in the series. Porsche cup tires are optimal at 19psi hot but we can't go below that at any time during the race as a part of the regulations so we just get it for race start when we bleed the pressure to 17 psi so it keeps in the range for the first laps.

Haven't tried the flat 6 mod since 2.0 I think, so can't comment on that. But what you said about flatspot for a couple of laps worries me as irl one big lockup basically kills the tire. I am talking about one corner.

Once I really disliked how MakCorp groupC drove online, then tested same in single player and felt very good then..
Yeah, I remember something similar, but then I thought the reason must be a different realroad setting with less grip. Is there a way i can see the realroad level in the menu in multiplayer? Visually its not easy to see for me.

Michelin uses much higher tire pressures than optimal IRL (so tires won't blow up constantly) and it is mandatory to be above a specified number in the series. Porsche cup tires are optimal at 19psi hot but we can't go below that at any time during the race as a part of the regulations so we just get it for race start when we bleed the pressure to 17 psi so it keeps in the range for the first laps.
I just watched a video from GT-Masters and VLN-driver in their new Porsche GT3 R and they are running 1,7-1,8 bar (24-26 PSI) hot pressure with probably Pirelli-slicks, but Michelin are not different as well. 19 PSI seems very low

Haven't tried the flat 6 mod since 2.0 I think, so can't comment on that. But what you said about flatspot for a couple of laps worries me as irl one big lockup basically kills the tire. I am talking about one corner.
It's not that flat-spotting or dealing with 70% rest-life of one tyre is killing your pace. Within 7 laps of Zandvoort i just got under 80% with all tyres and it felt okay, but you can't attack anymore as well because the grippy part is over.

Also, some thrustmaster users (including me) were reporting, that changing the steering resistance coefficient in controller.json from standard (+)1.0 to something between -0.6 to -1.0 results in better ffb, because you will overcome the internal friction of the wheel. I have t500rs, and some t150 and t300 users had better ffb too. Only issue for me: i have to hold the wheel when i get in the Cockpit, because it immediately starts to oscillate without resistance once I am in the standing car. But a soon as I start to move, it feels perfect for me.

Thank you!! Just changed this to -0.6 and FFB is giving much more information on T300RS. Had this persistent issue of low speed slow spins, couldn't feel anything in the MR18. With this setting and lowering rear tyre pressures it is now possible to feel what the car is doing!

It's not that flat-spotting or dealing with 70% rest-life of one tyre is killing your pace. Within 7 laps of Zandvoort i just got under 80% with all tyres and it felt okay, but you can't attack anymore as well because the grippy part is over.
I mean, the tire blows up due to the flatspot. It reaches the structural part which starts to heat up and fail.

And about the pressures, you won't be seeing people run with low tire pressures because it is probably illegal according to rules because the tire is highly likely to blow up, unlike iRacing and rF2.

Loving the Reiza DLC...trying out the AJR at Nords in the Rain...what a handful...lol
0 rF2 AJR at NORDS in RAIN copy.jpg
1 rF2 AJR at NORDS in RAIN copy.jpg
2 rF2 AJR at NORDS in RAIN copy.jpg
3 rF2 AJR at NORDS in RAIN copy.jpg

well all this release has proved to me is that automoblista is better than rfactor 2. Trust me I have really tried to like rfactor 2 but I must be missing something. Just wish I could stop automoblista crashing to the desktop every time I want to change car.
Thanks to reiza for the free content but I can not see me using it.
Greame

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea