Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have made available the new Reiza Bundle DLC for the simulation.

Developed by Reiza Studios of Automobilista fame, the new 'Reiza Bundle' DLC for rFactor 2 is now available to purchase. Containing no less than six vehicles and four unique venues in 10 different layouts, the new pack retails for £16.98 and can be purchased on Steam HERE.

Want to see more racing action? Check out our early 'first drive' video HERE.

The new pack has been much awaited by fans of both Reiza Studios (AMS) and Studio 397 (rF2), and it will offer an interesting first look at how the two different design and production philosophies of these two studios come together in rFactor 2.

The new DLC contents are...

Tracks:

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a race track located in Alton, Virginia VIR is an incredibly beautiful and diverse racetrack allowing for numerous configurations, suiting all types of categories from small club cars to big GT and powerful prototypes.

The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, has hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total. This rF2 track comes in two versions: the classic, dangerous 1972 layout surrounded by nearby barriers before the introduction of chicanes to reduce its high speed nature, along with the current configuration fully adapted to modern standards but still retaining a lot of the unique challenges that made it famous.

Autódromo Internacional de Guaporé is a motorsports circuit in Guaporé, a small city in southern Brazil. It is one of the oldest race tracks in the country and traditionally hosts a variety of different categories, ranging from Classic tintops, modern endurance prototypes to racing trucks.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha, is located in Ibarra, Ecuador. It´s unique layout flowing around and in between a lake, mountains and even a vulcano makes it an unique driving experience.

Cars:
Formula Vee

This popular trainer formula car is heavily based on parts from the classic VW Beetle. Its open differential and swing axle rear suspension makes it a constant challenge and ideal tool to develop your driving skills.

MCR Sports 2000
The MCR S2000 is an incredibly nimble 500kg British prototype features an I4 Duratec engine, and is popular racer both for its driving fun as well as close wheel-to-wheel races.

Metalmoro MR18
The MR18 is a succesful mid-range endurance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. It features a Honda K20 I4 Turbo engine.

Metalmoro AJR
The AJR is the latest high-performance prototype from Brazilian manufacturer Metalmoro. Capable matching the performance of a modern LMP2 car, this versatile prototype can be used with a range of different engines - the rF2 version features versions with Honda K20 I4 Turbo, Powertec V8, Chevrolet V8 and Judd V10.

Puma GTE
A sensation among Brazilian car enthusiasts from the 70s, the GTE is a modified version of the VW Beetle, featuring the same mechanics of the Brazilian Fusca with a lower, light weight fiberglass bodywork in an iconic design. The rFactor2 version is modeled after the original car and runs on radial tyres.

Puma P052
The P052 is a modern re-imagination of the 70s Brazilian classic, it retains many of the pure driving attributes that made the originals so popular in Brazil. The current prototype as modeled in rFactor2 runs with tuned MIVEC engine, 5-speed gearbox and slick tyres.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Ok is it just me or does the menu system suck?
It's not just you, they aren't the best - but not enough to put me off of using it . That is one of the things the upcoming new UI will hopefully address. "Official" vs "Workshop" is a bit murky because official content is in the workshop along with everything else, and in some cases mod content is actually "official" if it's a "3PA" item (3rd Party Affiliate, I think is what that stands for?) although I'm not sure if S397 continued "3PA" associations after taking over from ISI. But, a better organization of things and where they come from would be welcome.

Also, some thrustmaster users (including me) were reporting, that changing the steering resistance coefficient in controller.json from standard (+)1.0 to something between -0.6 to -1.0 results in better ffb, because you will overcome the internal friction of the wheel. I have t500rs, and some t150 and t300 users had better ffb too. Only issue for me: i have to hold the wheel when i get in the Cockpit, because it immediately starts to oscillate without resistance once I am in the standing car. But a soon as I start to move, it feels perfect for me.
Thanks for the advice. I put mine at -0.6 and it's quite different than before, much better.

Have you already tried this? (from November roadmap):

Also, some thrustmaster users (including me) were reporting, that changing the steering resistance coefficient in controller.json from standard (+)1.0 to something between -0.6 to -1.0 results in better ffb, because you will overcome the internal friction of the wheel. I have t500rs, and some t150 and t300 users had better ffb too. Only issue for me: i have to hold the wheel when i get in the Cockpit, because it immediately starts to oscillate without resistance once I am in the standing car. But a soon as I start to move, it feels perfect for me.

Btw: I really like this pack! Tracks are great and the cars (havent tried the vee yet) are feeling like in AMS, but with a little more detail/fidelity in physics. At least for me... big thanks to reiza and s397.
The MCR2000 is my favourite in this pack and in AMS.
For the next DLC pack, i want some 80s/90s classics. Maybe an official BMW E30 (M3/325i/325iX), Toyota AE86 (Sprinter Trueno/Levin) and some other classic cars and tracks from that era :)

Hi mate,
Thx for your input, really helped, now the steering wheel works like it is supposed to. Also reducing the steering resistance coefficient helped, the wheel feels better(T300Rs).

Regarding VIR and Reiza pack, I did some races these days, the AI set at 100 %, agression only 10%! AI breaks for no reason just before the start line, dive bombs, rejoins the track in the middle of the corner(also with the Mercedes AMG from Studio 397) and is also very slow in the MCR on the straights.
VIR needs much improvement, at the moment seems to be ok only for hotlapping.
I had no time to test VIR with other cars or other tracks. A bit dissapointed at this time with this pack really hope improvements will come soon.
Also in the Puma downshifting is very dangerous you need to downshift very late or you will end up in a spin, this doesn't happen in AMS, AMS is alot more forgiving.

Edit: Puma GTE has the same problem , AI breaks just before the start line:

Have you already tried this? (from November roadmap):
Software Wheel Rotation Explained

We have added the option to set the maximum rotation of the steering wheel “in software”, so we can adjust the rotation per car even for wheels that don’t support setting the rotation in their driver. This means that current owners of various OSW and SimSteering wheels can now finally enjoy the correct rotation without having to manually set it outside of rFactor 2. The system works as follows: In order to use this new system, you have to explicitly turn it on in your Controller.JSON file (which you can find in your UserData\player folder). The line you’re looking for is called “Steering Wheel Software Rotation,” and if you don’t see it yet, please make sure you have updated to build 1112, run the game once and exit it again. The line defaults to “false,” and you should change that to “true”. The next step is to go into your wheel driver and the rotation to the maximum value it supports, up to the maximum rotation of 1440 degrees that rFactor 2 supports. Then you go back to your Controller.JSON and set the “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default” to the same number of degrees you just configured. If your wheel actually does support us reading the maximum rotation, you can alternatively set “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” to “true” so we will read whatever you set from the driver. We do recommend setting it to the maximum value in the driver, as we can only make the rotation less in software, not more. Finally we have a value called “Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness,” which acts like a spring constant and defines how harsh the buildup of counter-torque will be when you go over the maximum rotation for a car. We recommend starting with a value of somewhere between 20 (soft) to 50 (harsh), but this really depends on your wheel and personal preference. For SimSteering and OSW, we added some profiles to our default set as well. You might want to give those a try as they are already setup for this new feature.

In summary, these are the new parameters in the Controller.JSON:

Steering Wheel Software Rotation – Defaults to false, but must be set to true to enable this feature. When it is set to false, this feature should be fully disabled.
Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness – A configurable value ranging from 1.0 to 100.0, which acts like a spring constant that determines how much counter-torque will be applied if you steer beyond the maximum range.
Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver – Whether we should attempt to fetch the maximum steering wheel range from the wheel driver, assuming the driver supports this.
Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default – The value of our maximum steering wheel range when there isn’t a wheel driver available that we can read this from or when “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” is set to false. Values from 40 to 1440 are supported.

Btw: I really like this pack! Tracks are great and the cars (havent tried the vee yet) are feeling like in AMS, but with a little more detail/fidelity in physics. At least for me... big thanks to reiza and s397.
The MCR2000 is my favourite in this pack and in AMS.
For the next DLC pack, i want some 80s/90s classics. Maybe an official BMW E30 (M3/325i/325iX), Toyota AE86 (Sprinter Trueno/Levin) and some other classic cars and tracks from that era :)

Last edited:
Also in the Puma downshifting is very dangerous you need to downshift very late or you will end up in a spin, this doesn't happen in AMS, AMS is alot more forgiving.
I don't mean to be disrespectful in anyway at all sir. I am a driving instructor in the USA with over 300 students driving Miata's to Ferrari 488's on several race tracks. The vast majority of students in no matter what car downshift too soon, and one of the first things I teach students is to downshift as late as possible. The brakes are for slowing down, and the transmission is for shifting. Early downshifting wants to make the rear of the car jump out, and also causes severe strain on the equipment. Jack :)

Thank you!! Just changed this to -0.6 and FFB is giving much more information on T300RS. Had this persistent issue of low speed slow spins, couldn't feel anything in the MR18. With this setting and lowering rear tyre pressures it is now possible to feel what the car is doing!

Thanks for the advice. I put mine at -0.6 and it's quite different than before, much better.

Hi mate,
Thx for your input, really helped, now the steering wheel works like it is supposed to. Also reducing the steering resistance coefficient helped, the wheel feels better(T300Rs).

There is a special T500rs setting:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dodds-t500-force-feedback-tweaks.20201/update?update=42356
The guy who made this did tweaks to some other values too. FFB is perfect since i found that last year. Someone mentioned, its good for t300(maybe also t150) as well.

I don't mean to be disrespectful in anyway at all sir. I am a driving instructor in the USA with over 300 students driving Miata's to Ferrari 488's on several race tracks. The vast majority of students in no matter what car downshift too soon, and one of the first things I teach students is to downshift as late as possible. The brakes are for slowing down, and the transmission is for shifting. Early downshifting wants to make the rear of the car jump out, and also causes severe strain on the equipment. Jack :)

I think there is a miss understanding I really have no idea how this car is behaving in real life, never drove one, I do not say the car shouldn't be agressive under braking, I am just trying to say that this car is in AMS for some time now and it behaves in a certain way under braking now the same car in rf2 is very different. Just making an observation not saying is should behave in a certain way :)

I think there is a miss understanding I really have no idea how this car is behaving in real life, never drove one, I do not say the car shouldn't be agressive under braking, I am just trying to say that this car is in AMS for some time now and it behaves in a certain way under braking now the same car in rf2 is very different. Just making an observation not saying is should behave in a certain way :)
I have never driven on or rode in one also. I understand that you are comparing the Puma from AMS to rF2 and your honest opinion is welcomed. I just wanted to note that you might want to compare the two while braking, and shifting very late that's all. :)

Regarding VIR and Reiza pack, I did some races these days, the AI set at 100 %, agression only 10%! AI breaks for no reason just before the start line, dive bombs, rejoins the track in the middle of the corner(also with the Mercedes AMG from Studio 397) and is also very slow in the MCR on the straights.
VIR needs much improvement, at the moment seems to be ok only for hotlapping.
I had no time to test VIR with other cars or other tracks. A bit dissapointed at this time with this pack really hope improvements will come soon.

Edit: Puma GTE has the same problem , AI breaks just before the start line:
Yeah, as much as I like the pack, the AI seems to be pretty off on the Reiza tracks (mostly tested Imola and Ibarra). Besides being significantly slower than other tracks, I also noticed that MCR ai always uses 100% fuel notwothstanding the race length. I hope this gets sorted, AMS ai is superb, rF2 ai is superb, so how are they not working is beyond me :O_o:

After fiddling with my throttle-pedalsetting, the cars are an outstanding awesome blast to drive...

I can push the Metalmoro AJR Powertec V8 on Oulton without Chicanes as hard, as in AMS...it feels just "right" now. Also the Vee and Puma Lumimari Racecar are now way better under control, when going sideways. You can play with the rear and pushing to the limit and over it, seems to be no problem anymore now. The margin, of recovering the slide ends a little more abrupt, than in AMS, but it's totally fine now. Just like another set of tyres, than before.

Outstanding Job, Reiza! Fun, to drive these in another Sim, and also having Ibarra in rF2 finally! :inlove:

Yeah, as much as I like the pack, the AI seems to be pretty off on the Reiza tracks (mostly tested Imola and Ibarra). Besides being significantly slower than other tracks, I also noticed that MCR ai always uses 100% fuel notwothstanding the race length. I hope this gets sorted, AMS ai is superb, rF2 ai is superb, so how are they not working is beyond me :O_o:
There still are many bugs, I think they rushed this release for some reasons, I really hope they will update this DLC and give it the attention they gave AMS :).

Regarding heel and toe - you can just blip the throttle while downshifting with the Puma, like with many other cars. But it needs more accuracy than heel and toe (but less skill, which is why I do it ;) )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back