RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in.

Race was ruined by the guys that crashed and blocked the track at the first corner. Guys, its a long race. Plenty of time to challenge. This is what spoils the racing for me. Its fine for the guys at the front who get away but us mid pack guys cannot escape the carnage caused by people trying to squeeze through any gap and not braking in time knowing that brakes and tyres are cold.

Later on after clawing some places back I was told that I was warping so I left so I didn't cause any crashes or spoil the race.
Cya guys. :(

Hi! I´m really sorry if I hit people but it was lagging it took a while Before i know it was me who lagging until I saw andy Jackson behind me but the time showed that he was infront of me, I Just wanna apologise to all but the Wheel worked fine but the game not. see you all again I hope if you want me in Bye!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Tonight event starts great for me.I qual on 3th position.After the start I lost position nad have some fine , great fight with Marius , and in the hlaf of the race my screen freezzzz :( for copoule seconds , and I don't know what happens.I hear only crash sound :(.When everything is back to normal , my screen freezzzee again :(:( , and i don't see anything :( , so i decide to leave this event.Sorry Marius , and Matej.I destroy my race and yours :(.I thing is a game bug unfortunately

Huge appologies to @Lorenzo Bonder for hitting you in the first corner! Second time this week I've punted someone off the track in this corner, so I think I'll pass on the rest of the racing here. Thank you for hosting the races, guys, please keep up the good work :thumbsup:

It's all good Roy, not your fault, you wouldn't be able to avoid me, I missed the braking point and I touched @Otune on total accident.
I missed my braking point even further, thus inflicting you, Ole Marius, Carl and of course Andy in the process. Funny, since I am usually the one who end up getting hit behind because I'm braking way too early. But not the case today.

I should have used Yvan Müllers car instead today, it would have suited the occation better...

I´m glad I was´t the one who spoiled your race Andy I kept outside in the first corner but later in the race maybe :(

No problems Lars. It wasn't you. It's guys who try to out brake each other in the first corner that cause carnage and allows the front runners to get away whilst we are stuck in a traffic jam of sideways cars etc. It always happens. It's like they are still in qualifying mode when they need to get in to race mode, two very different mind sets. It seems I'm one of the few that will just let people through rather than cause an incident at the start because it's not all about winning. I'd rather have a nice race in further back after everyone has got through turn 1 than have a race ruined.
I don't know what the answer or the fix is for this problem but it really puts me off racing online.

sorry guys, just venting. :unsure::sick::cool:

Last edited:
It's all good Andy, I get some of it (well 90-95% of it) was vented towards me. Normally I avoid as much as possible the first curve incidents, I'm like you, if I can avoid a first touch I'm racing in the back if needed. As said I missed the braking point, I was focused on the braking marker and I didn't see it, and by the time I saw the guy in front of me (SORRY OLI I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU :p) brake I didn't do the same at the same time. It was a lack of awareness at that moment, normally that doesn't happen to me. I think it was the first in a long time for me in a race!

@Lars Johansson - don't worry about it mate, you are more than welcome back any time you want too buddy :) to be honest, S3 have a small issue with unreasonable lag recently (they are working on it, and it is very infrequent) so that was probably the issue. I saw no problems during practice and quali with your car... please don't be put off and do come back again :D for example tomorrows ADAC race ! :D (nothing like jumping back on the horse eh?!?).
@Piotrek Blaszczak - again, these things happen matey, don't worry! Plus, I need all the help I can get to beat Matej so its all good! I'll email you that £5 later... ;)
@Roy Magnes & @Lorenzo Bonder - Not that it matters at all, seeing as this is 'only' a club race, but having reviewed the 1st corner clash, for my money I would have it down a 100% racing incident. Don't think in any way it was a case of trying to be over optimistic in passing people, it looks like a case of pure and simple slightly out breaking yourself into T1... these things happen at the end of the day so its all good. Don't be put off Roy, jump back in again for another couple of race's while this tracks still going... go on... you know you want to!! :D
@Francis76 - tell real people to stop interfering with your online racing self!!! :) ;) Sorry to see you missed it by such a close call, hopefully see you at the ADAC or DTM race before the weekend ones? If not, see you on the weekend!
@Andy Jackson sorry to hear it went boobies up mate at the start, pity as you had a good quali spot if I remember rightly? I must disagree though on something mate (sorry :(), I don't think this kind of thing happens all the time at all, in fact quite the opposite, I've seen some truly epic races here in the recent and more distant past, with loads of respect being shown on the track to each other. As I said above, to me the accident looks like a very simple case of 'one of those things' rather than anything more serious than folks unreasonably trying to outbreak each other... still, that doesn't really help when you get caught up in it I suppose :( Get signed up to another one fella and lets have a better race next time then, after all, club racing is more about the taking part and having fun than necessarily the actual result that matters..

From my side, awesome race with @Matej Lakota for a good 20 minutes, that man had the widest Chevy in the world! Great battle Matej, several nice door to door and bumper to bumper moments, really enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks as always to everyone for taking the time out of their lives to come do so racing together, really enjoyed myself and delighted to see the grid in double figures once again! Keep it up fellas, ADAC and DTM '13 next on the list, don't forget to get signed up early and harass anyone you know or are vaguely familiar with to come on down and get some racing action in !

Cheers fellas, see you on track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play