RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Craig,
No worries fella, plenty of other stuff running this week if your up for any of it? I'm currently trying to fill the grid for this one and the DTM 92's tomorrow night if anything catches your eye, pop a message down and we'll get you signed up buddy.. shame the race went to pot for you tonight, after such a close quali it could of been anyone's for the taking. Definitely taking fuel off for the remaining races.. just like F1, it spoils a potentially great battle.
Really want to get all the races this week (and for the foreseeable future, obviously) past the 10 car grid figure if possible, so please do feel free to get signed up early and help encourage others to join the fun. It only takes three or four people to have a great race but when those numbers are bigger, it usually means everyone on the grid, regardless of where they place, have a good fight to get involved in.
Hope to see you on track soon mate, if not, enjoy Wednesday,
Cheers and thanks for racing tonight (Monday),

Paul

top man @Mantii and welcome once again on your 1st race here on Monday, great to see you on track!
I'll add you to the signed in list in a second, thanks for signing up :)
Regarding locking up, I find this track especially difficult on the brakes, due to most of the deceleration zones being bumpy (public roads i suppose). I can only suggest the obvious things like lower the brake pressure to 93 - 95% or wind it rearward a bit an use some of that instability to pitch the nose into the corner on entry... other than that, its a case of setting the car up to be more docile on the brakes and building in a bit of initial under steer so when it does lock, you can still do something with it and all's not lost!

Thanks again for signing up fella, feel free to check out the other races (in case you didn't know, we race every day of the week and alternate the tracks weekly) so hopefully we should have something to tickle your fancy most weeks. This might be interesting to give you an idea <link>. I'll have it updated each Monday to include details of the coming weeks events. Usually we aim to post the races a week in advance (so the whole of the week gets uploaded Monday's) to give people time to see what they fancy and cancel all arrangements from real life that get in the way.. :D:D
Cheers matey, and remember everyone, the sooner you sign up to events has a positive effect on numbers and tends to draw more people in, so get signing up ;)
See you on track!

Awesome fella, nice one!
Added to the list!

Missed a great race Monday night in the 2014 WTCC's, excellent racing all through the grid (quali, with the exception of Matej on pole, was covered by about 2 tenths for the top 6 cars!). Looks like this one is shaping up to be another cracker, looking forward to it!
Don't forget to tag in any mates you think might fancy it, would be great if we can try and get some more double figures for the upcoming races.
This track just totally encourages great close battles, loving it!
Thanks again Daniel, see you tomorrow :)

Throttle control is a must if you get the revs right as the lights drop from red, to greyed out you GO GO GO.
I see people sat expecting an actual green, i dont think that i have ever seen one. When the reds out you punch it, at least i always do and i havent been sent a penalty for it (so i guess its not wrong).

Would I be alright to add you to the list for tomorrow's race, then you can sign out if you don't fancy it (placebo effect and all that) please??

Regarding the starts, I have no idea! I just hold the revs, wait for the lights then go! Must admit, I do seem to get decent ones its true... still, I usually manage to find a way to waste it later in the race :roflmao:

@Lars Johansson sorry to randomly tag you Lars, but I noticed you said you bought a new wheel to play R3E.... well sir, the racing club is back up and running if you care to join us?
We are running races 7 days a week, with different tracks each week. Please see <here> for whats happening this week. We will update this every Monday with the upcoming events.
Events can be found <here>. We will aim to post events at least 1 week prior to the race to give you time to practice and decide if you wish to join in.
I can recommend these races wholeheartedly, after the excellent work Kjell has done, we are aiming to continue in the same fashion and continue to grow R3E here at RaceDepartment. You are more than welcome to join us mate and we will look forward to seeing you out on track. One thing I would request, if you are interested in racing with us, please do try and sign up early as we have found the more people signed up encourages others to join in the race. Tonight (Monday) was the first race of the "relaunch" and we managed a 12 car grid, in the middle of summer! We have high hopes for this club but it can only be made possible by the people who race with us. Its a great group of guys here, and we would love it if you came and joined in the fun with us,
Hope to see you on track soon,
Regards,
Paul

@monsieurjackb from the same post I see you have also had good experiences with R3E in the past (courtesy of Kjell's events at Bathurst), please do fee free to come back again and give it another go, we really would like to see you out with us, and once Kjell's back from the longest holiday in the history of the world :) hopefully we can re kindle some of that good feeling. Again as with Lars, sorry to randomly tag you, hope you dont mind :). Cheers,

... currently I am just owning DTM 2014 and ADAC Masters ... more incoming but I need to wait until it s on %-sale ... looking forward to buy and race WTCC in the future!

Cant believe i missed yesterday, but such is life. I will be partaking today, and aiming for pole. Contenders watch your BUTTS, i am a man on a mission today. Who else is game ?

Cheers Jorg, yes the WTCC and the DTM '92 are excellent packs to own, really nice cars to drive with plenty of variety across different makes and models, highly recommended.

We run DTM 2013 races on Fridays, however once the 2015 has been released (and hopefully the '14s are available across the different tracks in R3E) we will upgrade this to the 2014's so you will have another opportunity to race with us :)

Also, dont forget you get good discount by buying packs of VRP from the online store <here>.
More info on buying tips can be found on this little guide <here>

Cheers matey, see you on track soon!

Cant believe i missed yesterday, but such is life. I will be partaking today, and aiming for pole. Contenders watch your BUTTS, i am a man on a mission today. Who else is game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes