RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its any consolation i have been looking to see how i go about server rental for race room racing experience, but to no avail. Will keep looking for a result in the hopes i may be able to host, so far i could setup my own server and host but i don't think it would yield the safest or best results for a club/league race.
If anyone knows of any details on how to please by all means let me know it would be a shame to have signed up for a year premium to have it go to waste.

You could volunteer here as staff to run the RRE servers? ;)

You could volunteer here as staff to run the RRE servers? ;)

I could do but then i would take on the roll of sorting races and all the other stuff that it takes which i don't mind to much as long as it does NOT become a chore/job, i am here to race enjoy myself not volunteer my services to work for free.
Not to be disrespectful but i came to race and bought premium, so i am a little upset at the way we been left hanging with no update or resolution to the problem.

Yes, the club is still active. There may be a bit of a slow period, where a few days may be missed due to staffing issues, however it is indeed still active and will continue as normal. We are looking for replacement staff, if you would like to apply please send your CV and application letter to press@racedepartment.com

We apologize for the lack of information on this. Kjell's decision to leave the staff was rather abrupt, so it has been somewhat of a scramble to work out the club in the short term.

Hey Andy:

1 - The club is nowhere near dead. It will still go on, Kjell build something here and we wish to continue the club racing efforts. I thank him a lot for helping us build this.
2 - We are looking into this straight away. But I do want to reinforce the fact, that if you are willing to host the R3E (not only R3E but other games) follow Ryan's guide: press@racedepartment.com :).

Last edited:
I am just testing the server but i have set up according to the rules and most voted class a server for us the pass for premium members is what it always is, the server name is how ever
[R.D] - Race Department Durand Racing LTD <<< it had to be something i would remember as well as sort of familiar to others who have raced with us.
I sincerely hope this isn't butting in on RD staff but if no one else is willing to at least keep the races open i will do what i can with what i have i hope the hosting comp works well enough.

The ONLY problem i have is running it from steam on second computer is causing me to sign out on the other :S how do i stop that so i can play and run server ?

Server Name: [R.D] - Race Department Durand Racing LTD
Password: "Premium Members Know"
Set up for the correct times and damage etc etc, i just hope it works and don't crash etc but please feel free to try.

Hey Andy:

1 - The club is nowhere near dead. It will still go on, Kjell build something here and we wish to continue the club racing efforts. I thank him a lot for helping us build this.
2 - We are looking into this straight away. But I do want to reinforce the fact, that if you are willing to host the R3E (not only R3E but other games) follow Ryan's guide: press@racedepartment.com :).

I would love to Lorenzo, unfortunetly I don't have the time to run the RRE race club. I am merely a member who loves the RD racing clubs for occasional MP racing with like wise members.

I'll sign out for now and stick to the Pcars race club.

Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

I am just testing the server but i have set up according to the rules and most voted class a server for us the pass for premium members is what it always is, the server name is how ever
[R.D] - Race Department Durand Racing LTD <<< it had to be something i would remember as well as sort of familiar to others who have raced with us.
I sincerely hope this isn't butting in on RD staff but if no one else is willing to at least keep the races open i will do what i can with what i have i hope the hosting comp works well enough.

The ONLY problem i have is running it from steam on second computer is causing me to sign out on the other :S how do i stop that so i can play and run server ?
In this circumstance, we will allow that, but typically we do not allow races to be done from non-RD servers, primarily for security reasons. If people wish to join your server that is fine, just be aware RD has no control over this server or how your IP information is used, nor is it officially tied to RD. We will also typically report servers falsely claiming to be RaceDepartment servers, so remember to change the name following this race.

We will be updating the existing race threads. Please be aware, the voting sign up system will not be used. Please sign up by posting in the thread as normal for our clubs. If you have already voted to sign up, but not posted, please make a post so you are not missed from the entry list.

Also, please be aware some events may be cancelled if we are unable to find staff to cover that event, this will only be done in dire circumstances and will be considered a last resort.

We might not be so much looking for experience as much as a good work ethic.;)

Not sure I have that either..........;) It has often appealed to me that it would be good if I good choose the track and the cars and the style of racing and try new idea's. Much like Si does in the AC club. I would love to try different things out. But it's just not possible.
Seriously I would love nothing better than to run one of these RD race clubs like the RRE one, but I do not have the time that you guys seem to have. For instance, whilst I try and do as many races as I can in a week, quite often I find myself having to sign out for various reasons from family matters to work related matters. I honestly don't know how I could be utilised here without being available full time during the evenings and weekends etc.
If I could do it part time with the help of another, I suppose I could fit things in, but that's not what you are after.
And apart from that, I haven't the first idea about server settings and setups.
regards
Andy

Last edited:
Andy, I would be glad to help you about servers/series/all about events ... matters, because I have full internet access at my work and a lot of time during nightshifts to set whatever this "job" needs. I can not be present all evenings also, but two (or maybe even three) men can run RRRE club events for sure, if that way is OK with site admins, because this game deserves race every night :).

Also my English is not well, so I would not dare to write long posts about weekly events like Kjell did in last weeks :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back