RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys for this amazing event! I didn't practice as much as I should have, but I made it work. I messed up baaaaad on the opening lap. I forget which turn it was but I hit the brakes way too late and I spun causing a big mess! I fell to the back of the grid. I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race. Sorry guys, I should have been more careful.
I managed to jump down into 6th. Then I think I managed 5th (or just 6th, can't remember) and I was defending against a small group of guys behind me for a while. 2x tire (thanks kenny:confused:) got to me as well as the fact that I was running into the walls more than people running into old classmates and teachers at a high school reunion!:roflmao: I couldn't hold on for long and dropped back to finish down the field.

Second race was a better start for me. Because I qualified 3rd by default. The third place qualifier dropped out right before the green flag. Again the tires got to me and I finished 4th I think.

Both races experienced some hard door to door, bumper to bumper action! Especially on the last couple of laps of race 2 was absolutely crazy! But in a good way. We faught to the end. I loved it! The only track I don't like in Raceroom is Poritimo. Only because of the ridiculous penalties. But I have not driven on a track I did not like. I like a challenge and learning things the hardway, this track/car combo was a mad challenge and I learned the hard way that hitting the wall and not taking care of my tires will cost me in the end.

Thank you @Kenny Paton for hosting another solid good fun challenging event. Thank you guys for the true touring car tight circuit racing!

Sorry. I'm out.
I just tried that car/track combo. Everytime I step on the brake, the cars (tested multiple cars) spin. Tried 50/50 to 60/40 brake bias and full rear down force and full soft rear, full stiff front anti-rollbar - same result. Can't get around the track with no brakes....so I'll save myself the aggravation.

Sorry. I'm out.
I just tried that car/track combo. Everytime I step on the brake, the cars (tested multiple cars) spin. Tried 50/50 to 60/40 brake bias and full rear down force and full soft rear, full stiff front anti-rollbar - same result. Can't get around the track with no brakes....so I'll save myself the aggravation.
You need max front brake 70/30 with 95-97 brake pressure, very slow downshifting, soft rear arb and spring and something with the dampers, for that I need to ask my setup engineer.
If we are 4-5 people I am in, arriving home later today and in theory free until Sunday night

Dont know if its possible to mabey make one race a week a free week. I have some friends who are clean and fair racers. Can we like set like 1 day a week or 1 day every other week whit a free race night?

I've got to say thanks to the team who made this event happen.
For ages, I've wanted to get back to racing, but with the damage that had happened with two operations to fix my broken back, and further surgeries to cope with further problems, I thought the chance to get racing again had slipped me by.

After taking months off to get some much needed rest, it was 1200hrs yesterday that i decided I wanted to do this race. Its only got 4 corners, simple enough too learn, and it should be a good night, that was my thinking.
Done a few laps to get the feel of it, then rested.

Joined the server at about 1700hrs, and done more laps and I was getting really excited for the evenings events.

Race 1: Qualifying went as I expected, a good midfield result.
That went to poop at the first corner of the race though, as there was trouble ahead of me, so I had to slow right down, which ended with me being dead last after a shunt from behind spun me into the gravel.
I done some fairly god laps to finish where Id started, 6th, so I think I could hold my head up and feel like Id accomplished something.

Race 2: Qualifying went great this time. 2nd.
In the race, this became 1st at the first corner, and that's where I stayed for the remainder of the race. I had Beck behind me, keeping me honest, at an average of two seconds behind me, but to win this event was an absolute dream.
I really was expecting a mid to lower finishing result, so getting on top of the podium after such a long brake, I was like a dream come true.

I could hear that some people were having problems with tire wear on this track, but I think this is where I've earned my nickname 'Button' from. Being light on the throttle certainly pays off on a street circuit like this, as non of my tires were under 95% when I finished, that might have been part of my success.

I'm hoping to be able to get more racing done soon. Right now, I'm resting again, as the race took a lot out of me, I'm exhausted! lol
Still, it was a good night, great result, and I'd like to thank everyone who took part!

Cheers guys, Peace Out!

Wil this start after 24h Daytona have finished?
Unfortunately not. There'll be 55 mins left in the 24 when this race starts. If it's looking like a nail-biting finish then I may need to sign out :roflmao:
@Keith Joyce
@Mondyrocks
@SOLO59
@Voltaic
@Marc Cabana
@2scoops
@motoxy
@Otune
@Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

@Phil Davies

How do people feel about starting a hour later this Sunday because of the 24h Daytona, if a majority are happy with that then please let me know by.

Dont know if its possible to mabey make one race a week a free week. I have some friends who are clean and fair racers. Can we like set like 1 day a week or 1 day every other week whit a free race night?
What do you mean by a "free race"? We do free content races regularly in the club. Maybe pm me.

I don't think it will help. You can't qualify nor get a feel for the track before. And it's only five minutes minus the cars/classes finishing after time has run out. So I will stay out of this race most likely. But it's cool you're asking the people, I really like this club therefore and appreciate it very much! I would be there later, as I took Monday off, but many won't get the chance to race then...

Sorry. I'm out.
Don't give up bruh, tell me the car you'll be racing and I'll get a good setup for ya. I'm puting you in the list btw, don't try to run now :p

ANYONE ELSE?

@Alex Townsend, willing and able?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.7%