RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you, but i insist on the fact that i ain't a setup guru:) i just want to help those i can.Aliens have me for breakfast
Probably the easiest solution is to post all setups outwith the club signup thread in a separate one as Mr C has already done, and then just a post from him, Lars or anyone else saying they've added a setup should resolve the issue.
As a side note, who says men can't multitask. I'm answering this while grilling lemon chicken and pan frying potatoes.:D

Congrats to the boys on the podium, especially Matheus from AC paying us a visit and taking top spot. Problems at the start for some I noticed before causing my own problems by looking in the mirror and not paying attention to where I was going. This resulted in a lonely race for me. Well done to all and thanks for taking part.:thumbsup:

one more thing i want to point out, this cars are very very sensible to wheel to wheel action, if you touch someone or get touched in the slightest matter you will spin or half spin 100% so when racing try to leave room and if you are passing be sure it's safe or you have an enough overlap!
Mr C, thanks for your setup it worked very well and was very welcome. Any chance of a jet engine next time so I can compete.:D
Great to see you helping like this and sorry your own race was spoiled by a game crash.

Very fun time tonight guys!
Sorry about not being more heads up at start of race, wasn't expecting any problems and was to focused on a good launch
Had a blast racing for every position and had great battles the entire race... incredible racing by everyone!
Congrats to M&M for the victory and thanks for hosting another great event guys..see you at Sears point sonoma! :)

Enjoyed this cars more that i should

My fastest lap(so far)

Practice :
Got on pretty well and was in low 15's high 14's but didn't figure out why wasn't reaching low 14's as per my leaderboard time,but oh well was fun and in practice tried to do several laps in 15's to see how concentration is.
Qualy :
First half of qualy was utter **** - barely could manage 15's then put a lap together for a low mid 14 i believe and in my mind(that should do it) but then looking at Matheus he was 0.3 of me, i was ...!?!?!?
"seems my over confidence was a bit big" went out for a 14.3 (less than 0.1 then my PB) and was happy with that, practice some starts and was ready
Race :
What race?seems like Sunday is not a racing day, same thing happened last race on a Sunday.....hopefully more luck

Conclusion :
- happy with my progress in high downforce cars

Mr.C newb tip : if my last tip was "to be fast first you need to keep it on track" my next one is , to finish first your game must work!

thanks

First of all, apologies for my somewhat abrupt departure after the race.
Wasn't trying to be rude, I was simply bone-tired.

Anyway, once again I was completely unfocused at the start.
Don't know if it's the cast, or simply me getting old but definitely something that needs some work.
Pretty sure I bumped a couple of guys going into the chicanes, so in the right-handers I went VERY wide and let the field through. Having everything happening in front of me helped, and I could start moving up through the field.
Ended up having a very fun battle with @Robert Lemon lasting for almost 15 minutes.
Kept matching each other lap after lap, and every time I'd get close enough to try something he made that Aquila WIDE. :D
Finally, I got back on power too early in the first chicane, spun out and that was that.
Spent the rest of the race doing laps with 8+ seconds to Robert and 8+ seconds to Keith behind me.
Not a bad way to spend an evening though.

Oh, and if you're going through that quick right-left leading onto he bridge, and the guy right in front of you gets a Slow-down?
Life suddenly gets.....interesting. :D

So @Kenny Paton, how many started and how many were still there at the end? Seems a shame .when most of the grid disappear during the race. :thumbsdown:
I think we lost 2 at the start and due to my crappy race I lost count but only another 3 as far as I can see. I know Loxley left when he was leading, then Lars and there was someone else I didn't know. Brian's engine went and he couldn't pit, so It happens for various reasons. I was tempted myself but like you think it's a shame.
On a lighter note I lost 6 AI out of 36 in a P&G race at Goowood yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back