RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a little too early for me in Hawaii (1500L) as I will be at my son's baseball game. I'm moving back to the mainland US in August, so I'll be more active then. Also, I'm planning to become a premium member in the next few days.

Its a little too early for me in Hawaii (1500L) as I will be at my son's baseball game. I'm moving back to the mainland US in August, so I'll be more active then. Also, I'm planning to become a premium member in the next few days.
Its official...I'm a premium member now! :thumbsup:

Those few days passed quickly :confused:

Please sign me in. Don't know if I'll love Amateur mode but I'll take this one as a test ;)

fr2.jpg

Hungover or sober these will be an exhilarating start to the new year. Although just in case anyone's feeling fragile we'll run these at amateur level.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com
Cars:
FR2
Track: Circuit Park Zandvoort

Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 18:45 GMT (30 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Kenny Paton
  2. Magic43
  3. Lars Hansen
  4. Gerbuho
  5. Shawn Jacobs
  6. Beikirch
  7. motoxy
  8. Velopl
  9. kedy89
  10. Keith Joyce
  11. Bry-ST3r
  12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  13. Ho3n3r
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
Hmmm....
Well, I've had a brief run at it, and...
The FR2s aren't fun in Amateur mode. There's absolutely no chance of spinning, no matter how badly you treat it.
Just as a test I went down the front straight, and instead of braking normally for Turn 1, I went full opposite-lock and jammed the brake to the floor.
Not only did I not spin, I didn't even slide. Just came to a gentle stop.....
Assists are all very well, but this is ridiculous.
Worst part is that I'm only 3/10ths faster in Amateur than in Get Real. :D

Now, I realize that not all of us are equally adept at driving these things, and I'm also fully aware that the Hockenheim race was a bit of a nightmare, but....
First of all, Zandvoort is a hell of a lot more forgiving a track than Hockenheim.
You don't have those quick left/right-handers, nor any tight hairpins in 1st gear.
Zandvoort has two places where you might conceivably throttle yourself into a spin, the 180 at turn 3 or 4, and the other 180 near the end.
And as long as you remember to get back on the throttle gradually instead of mashing the pedal, you're fine.
Second....This is me. :D
And while I have been accused of being many things in my life (occasionally with some truth to it), I don' think anyone has ever mistaken me for an expert driver.
Certainly not in open-wheelers. :roflmao:

So try softening the dampers by 2 clicks all around to compensate for all those bumps, then give it a whirl in Get Real mode.
Obviously, if people insist, I'll still do it in Amateur mode.
But I refuse to have fun doing so. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play