RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional Info

This is some additional information regarding Macau. There is a very tight bend called the Melco Hairpin, turn 20. In real life this corner is under permanent yellow flag conditions. This is in place from the exit of turn 19 all the way around to the exit of turn 20. This feature is also in R3E.

In other words, there is to be NO OVERTAKING on the run up to or through that hairpin. Do not go side-by-side with anyone, do not try to out-brake anyone, and do not drive with your front wing resting on the gearbox of the car in front. Any incident there can and likely will ruin the entire race for everyone, which is why this special rule exists in real life. So please, abide by it, take it easy through that corner, and save the battles for the other 99% of the track.

Macau.png

Last edited:
I cannot get my car around Melco Hairpin ..............................................................................
That would be because you're going too fast. You take it very slow, you go wide to the left barrier, full lock right, and you get around with room to spare.

That's the reason it's under a permanent yellow flag, because you have to take your time and be slow and smooth. There's no need to try and take it as fast as possible because overtaking is disallowed all the way from the previous corner exit, so you won't be under any pressure.

I managed to get a few laps that weren't invalidated. I think I might be turning in too soon for Melco.
Anyway, as it is the non-winter months in Minnesota, I most likely will not be attending any races for awhile since I will be doing outdoor activities on Saturday afternoons.

My current ride would have no problem getting around the Melco Hairpin. :roflmao:
simplicity_cobalt.jpg

See you all later in the season.
KO

That would be because you're going too fast. You take it very slow, you go wide to the left barrier, full lock right, and you get around with room to spare.

That's the reason it's under a permanent yellow flag, because you have to take your time and be slow and smooth. There's no need to try and take it as fast as possible because overtaking is disallowed all the way from the previous corner exit, so you won't be under any pressure.
I would also update the steering lock to increase by 1 degree to make the turning circle a little tighter

I would also update the steering lock to increase by 1 degree to make the turning circle a little tighter
Odd... my lock was set to the max of 15 degrees, despite the fact that I've never changed it before on any car, let alone this one. The default seems to be 8 degrees. No wonder I was getting around the hairpin more easily.

POSTER 01.jpg

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Saturday 05/06/21

Practice Server:[/B] RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: GTR 4
Track: Nürburgring - Grand Prix Fast Chicane

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:05 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 10

CLASS: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #??
  2. hobsey - BMW #27
  3. Bob Laycock - Porsche 718 #947
  4. Claes Axelsson - KTM #25
  5. Des Pearce - Lotus #11
  6. Steve Le Gallez - BMW #19
  7. PurgerUK - Probably Porsche #??
  8. Herlev - Audi #71
  9. Dieter Bromvich - KTM #84
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Please click here to choose your car and livery, and include it in your signup post.

UTP#19

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm sad to say that this will be my last event as a race organiser for the R3E Club, as I will be quitting RaceDepartment's staff in the near future. I'd originally planned to continue until the end of June, but the very poor turnout for the F4s has encouraged me to do it earlier. Diminishing numbers have certainly been a contributing factor in my decision to leave the staff.

But the main reason is that the move to the SGP racing system is upon us, and I'm afraid it just isn't my cup of tea. While I'm sure it has it's advantages, to me it just feels souless, without the community spirit and social aspect that we enjoy here on the forums. Given that those two things are the reason I do this job at all, if you take them away then my interest and incentive goes with them.

I'd like to say a big thank-you to the core group who have been racing in the R3E Club for the majority of the four years I've been running it. You guys have been the life and soul of the club, and are the reason I've been doing this for as long as I have. It saddens me that I wont be a part of it anymore, but who knows? Perhaps we'll race together again elsewhere someday.

Cheers! :)

Sad to hear that Ross, I've enjoyed the events I've managed to attend.

Your advice and encouragement helped me massively to be able to enjoy sim racing more, you're a real gent and will be sorely missed.

Enjoy whatever replaces this in your life

Last edited:
Thanks Ross :thumbsup: I've had a great time with this group of characters :D
Sorry I won't be able to attend this last event, I'll be at a local car show with my brother showing our late dad's '54 Oldsmobile.
54olds_rt_sm.jpg

KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back