RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Can you sign me up in #27 please? I'm not sure I can do all 4 races due to possible work conflicts, so if anyone specifically wants that one I'm more than happy to change.

I have been racing for about a year now, but I'm completely new to this sim. No idea how I missed it as it just seems to work great on my system pretty much out-of-the-box. Other than crew-chief, any recommended things to look at for a VR user?

I'm not sure I can do all 4 races due to possible work conflicts, so if anyone specifically wants that one I'm more than happy to change.
That's absolutely fine mate. These "Series" are essentially a run of individual events tied together by a points table just for fun. There's no obligation to attend all events in a series, no penalty for not doing so, and liveries are first come, first served. :)
(You can however reserve a livery for the whole series if you know you'll attend every event, like PurgerUK has.)

Other than crew-chief, any recommended things to look at for a VR user?
I would strongly recommend OtterHUD, as it is far superior to the current built-in HUD. Highly customisable, loads of optional info and widgets, and just a better look and feel. Works great in VR because you can resize everything to be easily readable.

03/04/21 - Round 1 / 2: Zandvoort - National
10/04/21 - Round 3 / 4: Macau - Grand Prix
17/04/21 - Round 5 / 6: Falkenberg - Grand Prix
24/04/21 - Round 7 / 8: Aragon - National
something is wrong with the dates!!!!!

03/04/21 - Round 1 / 2: Zandvoort - National
10/04/21 - Round 3 / 4: Macau - Grand Prix
17/04/21 - Round 5 / 6: Falkenberg - Grand Prix
24/04/21 - Round 7 / 8: Aragon - National
something is wrong with the dates!!!!!
Yeah, those were the original dates for the events. Changed them and forgot to update the post.

Sorry guys, not a fan of single seaters but I spent a couple of hours giving this car ago and couldn't gel with it so I'm giving this 1 a miss.

Have fun and I'll see you in a few weeks.

Sorry guys, not a fan of single seaters but I spent a couple of hours giving this car ago and couldn't gel with it so I'm giving this 1 a miss.
I don't know if this will make you change your mind, but I'm also not very au-fait with the single seaters (done a little in pre-1968 on AC). During my brief practice, I found my throttle inputs are lacking finesse to the point that it's super keen to swap ends when I lift. I'm still going to give it a go though as I really like the track

I found my throttle inputs are lacking finesse to the point that it's super keen to swap ends when I lift.
Try adjusting the engine braking setting. It keeps the throttle slightly higher at idle, which helps prevent loss of traction on the rear during lift-off and braking. Also lower the brake pressure to reduce the tendency for locking when either end of the car is momentarily unloaded.

As an aside, racing cars you aren't immediately "comfortable" with is what teaches you new skills, and makes you a better and more rounded driver.

Last edited:
Thanks for organising this one @Goffik. I had a nice battle with @PorDallas in the first one until I totally messed up my braking into T1, then had a decent tussle with @Bob Laycock in the second one until I lost the rear whilst lifting and then tried to take him out in T1 when I totally missed my marker :D. It was still fun learning a new car though and there are some new tracks for me coming up too in the next races, so I'll try and make an effort to attend.

Hi Scott
Good fun indeed. You did not hit me very hard into turn one. I could tell you were faster then me, so, I was expecting you to get me at some stage, However, I think the mistake you made into turn one gave me JUST enough of a buffer to hold you off.
Best wishes
Bob

P2.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Saturday 29/05/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: Tatuus F4 Cup
Track: Macau - Grand Prix

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:05 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 10

Tatuus F4: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - #24
  2. PurgerUK - #3
  3. Steve Le Gallez - #31
  4. Bob Laycock - #13
  5. Backmarker EB - #10
  6. PorDallas - #17
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot

Please click here to choose your car and livery, and include it in your signup post.

UTP#5

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Tatuus F4 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up!

Details of the calendar are as follows:

03/04/21 - Round 1 / 2: Zandvoort - National​
10/04/21 - Round 3 / 4: Macau - Grand Prix​
17/04/21 - Round 5 / 6: Falkenberg - Grand Prix​
24/04/21 - Round 7 / 8: Aragon - National​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) These events are open to everyone, regardless of ability or experience.​
2) Participation in the whole series is not mandatory.​
3) Crew Chief is mandatory, everyone must use it.​
4) Our regular club rules are in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
5) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but it's just for fun.​
6) Each driver should use a unique livery, which you can choose by clicking here.​
Additional Info

This is some additional information regarding Macau. There is a very tight bend called the Melco Hairpin, turn 20. In real life this corner is under permanent yellow flag conditions. This is in place from the exit of turn 19 all the way around to the exit of turn 20. This feature is also in R3E.

In other words, there is to be NO OVERTAKING on the run up to or through that hairpin. Do not go side-by-side with anyone, do not try to out-brake anyone, and do not drive with your front wing resting on the gearbox of the car in front. Any incident there can and likely will ruin the entire race for everyone, which is why this special rule exists in real life. So please, abide by it, take it easy through that corner, and save the battles for the other 99% of the track.

Macau.png

Sorry for the punt in race two @GeekyDeaks. I braked too late, locked up, and bumped you into a spin. Glad you still enjoyed yourself though and hope to see you in some of the other rounds. :thumbsup:
No worries chap. It didn't help that I was super slow into the chicane due to it being a bit busy ahead. I haven't been racing for a few months, so I'm probably being a bit over cautious. Hopefully I'll get some time to practice in the car before the next one as I'm still pretty rusty with my inputs. Oh, and figuring out how much fuel to put in helps a bit too :D

However, I think the mistake you made into turn one gave me JUST enough of a buffer to hold you off.
I was so glad you had your wits about you. I went up onto the grass in an attempt to miss you, but if you hadn't held off turning in I think it would have been a right mess. It was interesting following you as I learnt a much better line though the hairpin (T7?) by copying you. Which reminds me... that totally threw me on the first practice lap.... I need to pay closer attention to the track description in the first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes