RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Tried to make to the end but just too tired. Great car though and had fun.

Still getting the problem on here with the cars disappearing all the time. Don't get it on the raceroom servers so have no idea what the issue is. Didn't see the leader at all when he went passed me. Just saw the triangle moving passed!

Hope you all have a great Christmas and a fantastic 2016.

Sorry guys. Tried to make to the end but just too tired. Great car though and had fun.

Still getting the problem on here with the cars disappearing all the time. Don't get it on the raceroom servers so have no idea what the issue is. Didn't see the leader at all when he went passed me. Just saw the triangle moving passed!

Hope you all have a great Christmas and a fantastic 2016.
Thanks Andrew, Best Wishes to you and yours over the holidays and have a Happy New Year.:thumbsup:

Cheers for the race guys, was some good fun :)

Was extremely hard to drive at first, until I reduced the FFB (a lot) and the steering range in the garage. Tricky to handle under acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear, but once I got used to it was fun. Only was lacking consistency, never really had a perfect lap. How I managed to do the 1st sector in 17.5 during training is beyond me, never even got close to that later on.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Cheers for the race guys, was some good fun :)

Was extremely hard to drive at first, until I reduced the FFB (a lot) and the steering range in the garage. Tricky to handle under acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear, but once I got used to it was fun. Only was lacking consistency, never really had a perfect lap. How I managed to do the 1st sector in 17.5 during training is beyond me, never even got close to that later on.

Merry Christmas to you all!

:confused:

Damn. I want some of whatever water you guys have up there.

This time not your problem. I had a warpin leader at the start (beaming would be more appropriate) and later in the race the car was invisible.

I wish you all a massive Christmas and a even more Happy New Year! I don't own Spa yet, so will take the chance to upgrade to Windows 10 and solve all the problems the next days.

@Keith Joyce you really didn't finish in time for the race? All working now?

Yes but its not sure how many Group 5 cars on track. We have the choice of 4 car classes ;)

I'll be group 5 no question, that Capri is one of my favourite cars in all of sim racing...doesn't really matter how many are in each class, with so many people racing such difficult classes, there'll be plenty of mistakes for almost everyone so regardless itll be mixed up and great fun :thumbsup::thumbsup::D and if nothing else, spa on its own is good fun

@Magic43 Try this on for size for the BMW.
BMW320%20Spa_zpsfjwf8dyr.jpg

While it isn't 'safe' (nothing is with the Group 5s), it is reasonably sedate.
I've also got a ghost on the leaderboard using that set-up doing 21.8s if memory serves, so have a look.
Two things to be aware of; 1) be very careful with the throttle if your exiting a corner under power (i.e. Les Combes and Campus/Stavelot). If the turbo kicks in while one side of your car is loaded, you're dead, simple as that.
2) you have zero mechanical grip in these things, so you need to be SLOW through the chicane and La Source. When you think you're going too slow, you're almost going slow enough. ;)
Never forget that these things go as fast as the FR2s, but they don't have neither the tires nor the downforce.
So, if you try to over-drive them, they WILL kill you. :D

C****ette
Nothing wrong with the Corvette.
Corvette_zps8wzacjjo.jpg

And that wasn't even a very good lap.
With practice, I'm pretty sure I can get it down to the times I did in the BMW.
Standard set-up, all I did was lower the power-diff and pre-load a couple of notches each to make it a bit more controllable.

I don't know if you have time in the coming days, but if so I'll be happy to do some laps with you on the server, and see if I can teach you anything.
I'm out both Friday and Saturday, so it'll have to be pretty late those two days, but other than that, I'm game.

The really sad part?
On Sunday, I'm pretty sure both Ollie and Lorenzo will be doing 2:18-2:19s :D

Firstly let me congratulate the 3 chaps on the podium, then let me thank everyone that turned up:). You were all so fast and I was so far off the pace santa and his reindeers could have passed me:redface:.
Not quite the introduction to the formula cars I'd hoped for.
Anyway, best wishes to you all for the holiday season.

Hillclimb and touring classics? We have hillclimb icons and touring classics. So icons as well?
To be honest I only included the other cars so more people could enter, personally I would have had G5 cars alone they are just pure fun. That's fun in a death dealing tangled mass of machinery kind of way:D
Yo ho ho.

I think it's not necessary. We have full grid... And with hillclimb icons you will have two groups like gt2 and gt3. There will be couple seconds of gap between them. Anyone driving Hillclimb icons guys? Tbh i hate v8 that sounds like v12...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back