RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should do this again...Some ideas mentioned in post-race chat were Spa, Daytona, and Ningbo.
I would love to do one at Daytona or Spa!!
as others have said another traditional endurance track would be good. No beating the Nordschleife for me :thumbsup: but then we would need a 30+ grid to make it less lonely.
hope to participate in more events like this. RR is brilliant i must say. Thanks all

This seems to have been enjoyed and the grid was decent, so if the demand is there then I'm happy to run more of these mini-enduros in the future. :thumbsup:

Just looking back on my replay and I was reminded how much I enjoyed the race despite driving on my own for like 95% of the time. Got me thinking if we could run a mini-series of GT1s at like Daytona, Spa or even (dare I say it) the Nordschleife. Some of us who did the Nürburgring race would be up for it.

I would suggest, to mix it up a bit, to have a 4 race season with a race every 2 or 4 weeks or so after the CR1 series ended . That would give the guys who dont like these endurance races sth to race in the meantime and you wouldnt have to do a 2h race every weekend. Maybe even have 1 dropped result to make for an interesting championship even if you couldnt attend all races.

Edit: Also, I am kinda mad at myself that I missed the Multiclass series that was run before the gt4s

I'm amazed that the rF2 & r3e tracks of Vandvoort are soo much different!!! Where is the banking? ha!
R3E Zandvoort has been in the game for years, so long before the banking was added for F1. The rF2 version is newer so has this updated layout. The new version might make it's way to R3E eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised if they need a whole new licensing deal for the 2020 version.

Hey hey, you make it sound like I was the villain in this scenario! I just made a comment like “that’s it, I’m not doing this anymore!” Or something like that. Lol. I did promptly congratulate you JP. And btw I know KO was silently wishing for you to blow a tire, and to overtake me on the last lap. Haha

So I've not driven these before - much faster than anything else I've driven so far in my very short simracing history. They're really good fun though now I have my brain dialled in, and the grip is amazing. Fortunately I did the shorter Zandvoort circuit at a race not long ago so I sort of already half-know the track (unlike the next three!).

The challenge is that, unlike the GT4s where if you take a corner badly you might lose 1 or 2 tenths, I find that in the Aquila I can lose half a second and barely notice I've done anything wrong. Perhaps that's just faster cars in general?

The challenge is that, unlike the GT4s where if you take a corner badly you might lose 1 or 2 tenths, I find that in the Aquila I can lose half a second and barely notice I've done anything wrong. Perhaps that's just faster cars in general?
I guess that is from more downforce, I feel I am going slower into corner than it is possible. Just need to get used to being able to take more speed there now. I was actually very happy with my pace against AI few days ago, then went on leaderboard and saw Calvyn's time...back to track I go. :roflmao:

I did promptly congratulate you JP.
you did Dan, Thanks ;)
And what a fight you two guys had, the all race! Awsome.
Btw, what happened to Brett? He was really fast just behind me and as I was just about to give up on all that pressure (I was ruining my all strategy?! on trying to save those tires...) he pitted and then after a few laps, he was standing idle on the track...:confused:

I guess that is from more downforce, I feel I am going slower into corner than it is possible. Just need to get used to being able to take more speed there now. I was actually very happy with my pace against AI few days ago, then went on leaderboard and saw Calvyn's time...back to track I go. :roflmao:

Yeh, the time is definitely in the braking! So much so that last night I ended up with springs and screws all over the floor as I took my £20 logitech 'pedals' apart to try and fix the wobbly dead zone that seems to occupy the first quarter of the pedal action :poop:. I think it's going to require some gaffa tape and folded up cardboard. Top quality engineering.

Hopefully when I plug them back in tonight they'll still work.

I dl'd second monitor (why they picked that name is ridiculous). It looks much more like motec which I am used to. RST, that is something else entirely.
Anyway, I'm working through issues on SMonitor. Is there a way to save your run? I looked at the wiki manual, it is not clear. Is there a better forum somewhere that is for SM? I need to find out how to save, I'm getting the data, but every run disappears when I shut down.
Sorry for side tracking this thread, but if I could find out where to go for these issues, I'll get out of here.
Discord & Sector 3 forums are a big mess IMO, no help.

So much so that last night I ended up with springs and screws all over the floor as I took my £20 logitech 'pedals' apart to try and fix the wobbly dead zone that seems to occupy the first quarter of the pedal action :poop:.
What pedals are they? And when you say "wobbly deadzones" do you mean that the actual pedal is somehow wobbling, or that you're getting input spikes when the pedal isn't being pressed?

What pedals are they? And when you say "wobbly deadzones" do you mean that the actual pedal is somehow wobbling, or that you're getting input spikes when the pedal isn't being pressed?

They're just the ones that came with the PS3 driving force wheel. There is (was) about an inch of floppy arm travel that wasn't really engaging the spring and before any signal started registering. Have eliminated it by selotaping a bit of cardboard on top of the pedal arm so it can't return to the 'doing nothing' area.

Will take a bit of getting used to but at least I don't have to guess the point that the brake releases anymore.

Anyway, it's only got to last me another 3 weeks before fanatec dispatch their next batch of Elite LCs. If they don't make me faster I'll cry.

Will @Sasha Jednak I can't give you my setup for obvious reasons, but I can give you tips on your car setup. Structure your setup around a wing of 6. Bring the ride height up at the front to about 5.4 and the rear down to about 5.9. Steering angle 450 and steering lock 16.
As for the rest, I'm sorry to say you're going to have to figure that out for yourself. If you start with those settings and work the rest of your setup around them, you should do ok. :thumbsup:

If they don't make me faster I'll cry.
They will, don't worry. Having decent pedal feel can work wonders in your ability to modulate the throttle and brake properly. Just adding a brake mod (stronger spring and a block of rubber) to my G27 pedals improved things for me a few years back. (I still use those pedals though with a T300 now, because the stock TM pedals are total sh... um... a downgrade.)

Will @Sasha Jednak I can't give you my setup for obvious reasons, but I can give you tips on your car setup. Structure your setup around a wing of 6. Bring the ride height up at the front to about 5.4 and the rear down to about 5.9. Steering angle 450 and steering lock 16.
As for the rest, I'm sorry to say you're going to have to figure that out for yourself. If you start with those settings and work the rest of your setup around them, you should do ok. :thumbsup:
Thanks for pointers, I usually just load default setup and go with it. If I get time tomorrow I’ll try to play around with it. :thumbsup:

After a race, I like to look at the stat's like lap times, positions, who won, who I passed, who blew me away. Is there anyway to do that with this league or R3E, I'm drawing a blank.
Look in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\Results
It won't give you all the info you want but it is a start.

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm using the default setup, with a few minor changes, but I can't seem to find a way of keeping my left front & rear tyres from getting scorching hot. Does anybody have any tips?

Also, I don't know if it's my wheel, but I seem to be jumping up a gear (not down) without touching the paddle shifters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back