RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fat edit. I caused the problem. I was having controller issues with Steam and a generic game pad I use for fighting games. I inadvertently changed my control profile in Raceroom thinking that was the issue.

Last edited:
I'm trying to run RST data program with this league, it requires some specific info on the cars like circumference of tires, etc. Anyone have this info. Looking at the car you can get it with several engines, anyone know what engine the league is based on or where this info is available?

@durielk I use RST sometimes, I just use pdf guide from them and set diameters like that. Meaning: start tool, start game, drive 1-2 laps without pushing, then go to tool and check any of those laps recorded and checking wheel slip I think (not sure, been few weeks since last time using it). When it is close to 0 for all wheels it should give correct diameters.

@Gerdoner do you have diameters for Aquila? I will try in next days just interested to compare if my approach is anywhere close. :D

My apologies for last night. The track was great, of course I love the car...

I was going into T2 the usual way (on the edge and a little bit of: "Jeeeezus! Someone take the damn wheel...!") and lost it. My left front dug in and put me into a slide toward the wall on the outside of T2. I tried to save it and felt like I barely tapped the wall but I hit rear-first. The engine quit and I tried to restart but it refused. I looked at my HUD and saw that my engine life was at 0...

Crappy way to end a race.

I wanted to do well but that car is just so fun to drive the racing itself is rewarding. I look forward to the races just to be able to drive it in anger.

My apologies for last night. The track was great, of course I love the car...

I was going into T2 the usual way (on the edge and a little bit of: "Jeeeezus! Someone take the damn wheel...!") and lost it. My left front dug in and put me into a slide toward the wall on the outside of T2. I tried to save it and felt like I barely tapped the wall but I hit rear-first. The engine quit and I tried to restart but it refused. I looked at my HUD and saw that my engine life was at 0...

Crappy way to end a race.

I wanted to do well but that car is just so fun to drive the racing itself is rewarding. I look forward to the races just to be able to drive it in anger.

You're running VR right? Couldn't you have gotten out and tried to get it to fire up by some other means?

;)

OK, thks. I looked at that second monitor, it looks good. I'm kinda feeling the situation out. The RST trick looks like it could work. I usually use motec with rf2, and am new to r3e. We'll see how the rac'in goes which route I end up with. These cars feel pretty good. I'm amazed that the rF2 & r3e tracks of Vandvoort are soo much different!!! Where is the banking? ha!

Well I had to learn how to drive "gently" with all my inputs so to make those tires last to the end (4% all was left)
It paid of in a way... I sure expected others to try that too, (not pitting for tires) after last week's race but I think that only I did it afteral, maybe the M6 is better in thin rubber?
(and then in the end, Dan made me feel bad ) :(:cry::cry::(
But as usual it was great fun to be there with you guys, even if at 3 in the morning :p:D
Cheers, see you in the next ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play