RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try this out but have little experience in open wheel and i would hate to be a rolling disaster
Would love to have you join us. First you must be a premium member and then we'll get you on the grid.

I want to try this out but have little experience in open wheel and i would hate to be a rolling disaster
@Jesse Fox give it a go. I started racing with the group only a few races ago, with very little experience, and it has been good fun. I'm finishing way off the group but the experience of racing actual people isn't to be missed. Just be aware of where drivers are, be predictable, and be cautious. They're a good group of guys and welcoming.

Add me. I'll Join the V8 crew.

I'm not the best open wheel racer. At least the FR X-90s are a joy to drive. To the front runners, just remember to flash your head lights, and I'll move to the side. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
As much as I would like to join in on this event as they are my favourite cars I cannot.
I'm just not up for it due to the passing of my rock, my mentor, my dad. Who passed away on 12th December his funeral was just yesterday.
I can't believe how hard that was to write so much so I think I've sorted out my keyboard.:(

I've had a terrible 2019.
Having to put family pets down and another passing away in her sleep 4 in all. Cousin dying of cancer. A long and painful story. Me having bladder cancer but given the all-clear in October.
All of which has taken its toll on my character and my dwindling sense of humour and my general health.
I no no I have got on the wrong side of people here, socially, and my family life. :(

So I wish to apologise as I know I'm wrong and there is a problem. That must be dealt with for the sake of myself and everyone around me.
So sorry @Alex Hodgkinson for being supercritical on something I didn't understand. Sorry, @Ross Garland for being an argumentative jerk and being an ass in general.
Enter anybody else I've offended you in any way shape or form you have my apologies. And I hope in time you accept my apologies.

I'll be taking some time off in the hope that I can get me :poop: together. I know I used to be a funny guy and once had a good sense of humour about pretty much anything and everything. Even if I do say so myself. :roflmao:

I know this has nothing to do with what this thread is all about. But it seemed the most suited for the people I race with and was friends with.

Have a good race. May you all have a good year.

And Ross if you have to I would rather have you delete this post then move it. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2019-12-29_03-13-52_audi_v8_dtm.svm
    7 KB · Views: 123
  • 2019-12-29_07-34-02_bmw_m3_sport_evolution.svm
    7.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 2019-12-30_02-45-30_mercedes_190e_evo_ii_dtm.svm
    7.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 2019-12-31_08-36-10_ford_mustang_gt_dtm.svm
    7.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 2019-12-31_12-00-53_opel_omega_3000_evo500.svm
    7.6 KB · Views: 106
It's resting in its box in my storage room. My new thrustmaster arrived today. Pretty good feel. Not as much spring force as the G27 though. Now i have to get the $150 shifter for it. Just can't force myself to drive group 5 cars using the paddles. Takes all the fun out of it.
That's how I do it, and let's just say you'd have a different sort of fun...

But now that the giving season is over, a TH8a is about to appear at my house. LOL

Reactions: DND
Please don't worry about it @Calvyn White, we may bump heads occasionally but there are no hard feelings. On the contrary, I have great respect for you as a no-BS straight talker who calls it as he sees it, much like myself in many ways. Life gets on top of us all sometimes, I know that only too well myself though my problems pale in comparison to those you've had to deal with. I'm sorry to hear about all the difficult situations you've been hit with throughout 2019 and hope that 2020 is a much happier year for you.

Take all the time you need mate, you're more than welcome here whenever you decide to return. And no need to use the term "was friends" either, we still are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes