RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 387850

Thanks for the race today guys. Hopefully I stayed out of the way of the leaders. Although 2 laps down I think I'm slowly (very slowly) improving. Jon ( @suspectmonkey ), no worries about the tap. I was trying to get out of the way but was just too slow.

No worries Scott, I just carried a bit more speed through the chicane and misread which direction you were going! Hopefully it didn't cost you too much time! Good job finishing the race!

Another lesson learned for me. Found my pit stall no problem this time, but the I failed to realize I needed to shut the car off for the pit to start. (maybe cause I was taking fuel too?) and wasted A LOT of time figuring it out. Had a pretty clean race otherwise. That Camaro was a rocket on the straights. Too bad it could not slow down or turn in to save its life. I can't wait for the next one.
Do you have Starter and Ignition assigned. I think I read somewhere that if they are assigned then you have to stop and start the engine at pit stops. If not assigned then stop/start is automatic.

Argh! I was a starting grid chicane and lost 8 positions on the start :( Must have gotten too excited and popped the clutch and let off the gas.:O_o:
Chased Ross for the first 15 laps and @Nabbor1 for a few laps until I stopped for 2 tires. After it was all done I was right back in 6th where I started.

I think I have a good idea as to who had the issue on the start and I race with him often and he is not one to do anything like that deliberately and I would say it may be related to some of the other issues some folks were experiencing with difficulty to getting on server, DQ'd and the constant puffs of smoke on straights I was seeing lap after lap.

I think I have a good idea as to who had the issue on the start and I race with him often and he is not one to do anything like that deliberately and I would say it may be related to some of the other issues some folks were experiencing with difficulty to getting on server, DQ'd and the constant puffs of smoke on straights I was seeing lap after lap.
I've noticed the smoke thing too today. It's seems to be happening when some cars are shifting gears. They leave little skid marks also. Combined clutch and brake controller setting???

u would be fine with few minutes of stop n go? cant imagine that
Watch my stream mate. I do enter with over-speed, but I'm hard on the brakes and below the speed limit within a few meters. A 5-10 second stop-and-go, or even a simple drive-through, would have been more than sufficient to make up for any time I'd "gained".

You know I don't give a hoot where I finish in a race as long as I'm enjoying myself, and I was enjoying that one, so a regular penalty would not have bothered me at all.

Watch my stream mate. I do enter with over-speed, but I'm hard on the brakes and below the speed limit within a few meters. A 5-10 second stop-and-go, or even a simple drive-through, would have been more than sufficient to make up for any time I'd "gained".

You know I don't give a hoot where I finish in a race as long as I'm enjoying myself, and I was enjoying that one, so a regular penalty would not have bothered me at all.
I watched your stream and in game replay and dq was quite accurate considering rules from various series. If i was marshal there you would either get dq or stop n go so long you would quit yourself :p It's not about what you gain, but simply about rules and breaking them.
Obviously we dont have any rule book in r3e or rd club with such regulations, but one would assume there's a limit somewhere.
I'd say thats a good lesson for the future, but something tells me, we wont see pitstops in a long time :p

Last edited:
I don't agree with rules barking but here I agree with Ross!
Just a quick searching in google and the IMSA rulebook says...
"A speed limit of 60 kilometers per hour is strictly enforced for all cars driving in the pit lane. Anyone caught speeding must serve a drive-through penalty down pit lane or risk being black flagged during the race."
Attached file page 75.

Attachments

• 2019_imsa_sporting_regulations_and_ssr_iwsc_blackline_082119.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
I don't agree with rules barking but here I agree with Ross!
Just a quick searching in google and the IMSA rulebook says...
"A speed limit of 60 kilometers per hour is strictly enforced for all cars driving in the pit lane. Anyone caught speeding must serve a drive-through penalty down pit lane or risk being black flagged during the race."
Attached file page 75.
from the file you posted:
Repeat infractions or higher speeds may result in greater or cumulative penalties at the discretion of the Race Director.
Speeding in pit lane (+11KPH or more incurs greater penalty) 32.3 (60 KPH) Warning/D-T/S&G/Stop + Additional Time

keywords in bold

also, keep in mind that we didnt use imsa rules for the race

Do you have Starter and Ignition assigned. I think I read somewhere that if they are assigned then you have to stop and start the engine at pit stops. If not assigned then stop/start is automatic.
Yes I do. At least now I know for next time. If they ever do pit stops again. LOL.

What was up with the crashes on the start/finish straight the first few laps? Was someone trying to bump draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes