RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, what is everyone running for times? Im in the high .42s to low .44s depending on the car.

My best is in the lower .44's, and that is with the Volvo on hard tires. I believe I can easily beat it with the M3, but I will still be in the Volvo for the race.

My major dilemma is deciding what final drive I will be using. Right now, I'm use to a shorter gear. The only problem, I made the car significantly slower on the straights but it makes the power a little more useful in the esses. Going with the tallest gear, and I feel like I am waiting too long for the turbo and, I need to slow down well into second gear to make the tighter turns.

Not a whole a lot of time posted since update but they are slower to be sure.
Leaderboard

Also if you want to compare times look here for RD members to add as friends in Raceroom.

I'm looking on my phone right now, buy I could have sworn I ran at least one good lap? And ko41 was further up when I last looked.

Last edited:
I don't know guys. This update threw a curve ball at me. I just tried the mustang gt3, and csl touring classic, and it feels way funky. The FOV seems off as well. I have some work to do. Trying to race with you guys tomorrow night, if I can just figure this mess out.

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone running for times? Im in the high .42s to low .44s depending on the car.

Ahh...not too quick. I'll be the guy you'll be lapping.
Nissan 1:49
635 CSI 1:47
M3 1:45

No set-up changes other than BB to rear 3 clicks on the M3. Need to learn setting up the car.

Last edited:
Curious how stable R3E is. During practice for last Tuesday's race my screen went all white with just the widgets visible. Sound was there as I heard the crunch when I hit whatever was straight in front. Dropped all vid settings to low for the race to be safe and no problems.

Today while running in leader board R3E crashed kicking me back to desktop with an error message. Could hear the car crashing into the wall and Crewchief telling me to watch track limits and that current and next lap would be deleted.

Not a hardcore setup at all (i5-4460 3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 750 Ti). Normally runs fine with R3E and ACC

Ok count me in David. Starting to get the hang of it. The leaderboard has me scratching my head. There are 2 skylines in first and second with lap times seven to ten seconds faster than my best lap, but when I'm on track they are not showing on the position banner? Aren't all the old times and setups supposed to be erased? There is no way that is accurate.

• Love
Reactions: DND
Ok count me in David. Starting to get the hang of it. The leaderboard has me scratching my head. There are 2 skylines in first and second with lap times seven to ten seconds faster than my best lap, but when I'm on track they are not showing on the position banner? Aren't all the old times and setups supposed to be erased? There is no way that is accurate.

Tupaq and a few others survived the purge.
We're using the "Chicane" version, right?

Well it looks like I had a huge brain fart. I forgot that tonight is meeting night and I cant miss it. I cant guarantee i'd make it home on time to make qualifying. Looks like I am gonna have to bow out of this one. I am definitely gonna be joining some more race as they come up. See you at the next one fellas.

• Sad
I am so sorry, guess my stream didn't happen, I was broadcasting (I thought) but something went haywire along the line. I will get it figured out for next time. Again, My Apologizes.

Stream starting at the end of qualifying.

Last edited:
I'll make this another post so it is more visable.

I am so sorry, guess my stream didn't happen, I was broadcasting (I thought) but something went haywire along the line. I will get it figured out for next time. Again, My Apologizes.

• Sad
Bummer @davew045 thanks for giving it a go. We will be doing drop in races for the holidays so hopefully you can catch us on Jan 7 at Road America

……...keep the Volvo from shredding soft tires like cheese....

I like cheese.

I got booted from practice and thought, Uh oh, this is not good.
Did not see the lights change to green and Jim was telling me to Go! Volvo went nowhere. :confused:
Finally got it going and was in P5 by then. I started working my way forward, passed some as they fell by the wayside, and others by the sheer speed and power of the Volvo.:thumbsup: Overtook @TrumpetReich for P1 through turn 1 on lap 6, but didn't know he was a close as he was as we were exiting the Keyhole, and we touched. Got going again in 6th I think, worked my way back to P2 and by that time everybody was blinking in and out as my internet connection kept getting worse. Then, with a few minutes left in the race POOF! I was booted from the server. :(
Ol' Volvo raced better than I thought it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes