RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
2015-12-06%202253%200001_zpsgw9gbozq.jpg

2015-12-06%202255%200002_zpsis927fsj.jpg

:D :D :D

That was absolutely epic, guys.
Yes, there were net-code issues, yes we had some initial problems with the servers and yes there were a few racing incidents.
Not to mention there was a certain amount of confusion re. the pit-stops. :D
Personally, I had my crew change the tires again after one lap, because I didn't hit the Drive-through button...... :rolleyes:
But all in all, it was a very clean race especially given the grid-size.
I've had a quick look at the replay, and without fault anybody who caused an incident gave back the position.
Really can't ask for more than that.
And my thanks to everybody for making this such a joy.

Couple of notes:
If you're flickering, don't quit right away. I had a few people disappear on me, only to re-appear half a lap later and without any further issues. So the problem might go away.
Granted, if you keep getting reports of flickering lap after lap, then you might consider logging off.

Same goes if you cause an incident. Don't quit.
Just give the position back, and continue on your merry way.
Racing-incidents are obviously not fun, but they are almost inevitable when you mix people with very different skill-levels.
As long as people learn from their mistakes, everything is good.

Finally, for those interested, I've uploaded the .vcr file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8oozrktt9jr0f5/RD_Campionship_R1_Monza.Vcr
(And yes I know there's a typo in the file-name....Live with it. :p )
Simply copy into
C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\ReplayData
and you can open it in R3E.

Once again, my thanks to everybody for a great evening. :)

Cheers,
Lars

I look forward to watching the replay, had a bit of a bonehead moment at the parabolica lap 1 accident, after hitting the spun car, on my first two attempts to get out of the way of on coming cars I think I actually put my self in the way and caused further collisions. So apologises to those I got in the way of, I'll have to work on my after accident actions.

I could only stay online for about 2 mins into practice/qualifying and the program would crash. tried several times and gave up. Seems fine on normal solo race. I will take some time tomorrow and see if i have a problem. Sorry I could not race tonight.
Bruce

Great race, and my enjoyness didn't ruin that pits-story.
First I have to admire whole grid for smooth go-through T1 chicane. Good job :thumbsup:
Didn't know pits are mandatory, my tyres were more then fine, but seemed everybody is pitting so I did also, but hey, that pit lane speed limit... :redface: I received go-through penalty as many others, when going into pits for that, received another one (definitely It's good to know where pit lane begins..). Anyway great race with awesome grid, thx guys, will try back-wheel cars more often. :inlove:

Thanks for the fun. Sorry for bumping someone before T1.

I can't break the damn car fast enough, my legs were shaking from the excitement.
I need more practice, I will definitely try again. (I went into the pits after seeing that I will get lapped 2nd time)
No problemmo Gabriel - I like to give the rest of the field at least 20 secs head start As I feel this encourages them to continue :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 148 65.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 102 45.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 107 47.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 64 28.3%
Back